PDA

View Full Version : Road Atlanta repave update

bhudson
02-05-2007, 04:49 PM
From the track's web page - not a lot, but more pictures and article http://www.roadatlanta.com/nws_repaving.lasso

Bob Hudson
Atlanta Region

Bildon
02-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Making a great track even better :023: ....but maybe just in time for them to bulldoze it all into a housing development :(
Man I hope than doesn't happen for years.

http://www.roadatlanta.com/news_images/repave_big.jpg

CaptainWho
02-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Man I hope they left us enough room on the "safe" side of the wall to get from 3 to 5 cross-track.

tom_sprecher
02-06-2007, 08:46 AM
I would have a hard time believeing anyone would spend the kind of money required to pave a 2.54 mile track just to have it fall into the hands of developers, but people do stupid things everyday.

Long Live Road Atlanta!

gpbmw
02-06-2007, 10:36 AM
I would have a hard time believeing anyone would spend the kind of money required to pave a 2.54 mile track just to have it fall into the hands of developers, but people do stupid things everyday.

Long Live Road Atlanta!
[/b]

Well.....the new track surface would make an awesome cart path...........

I drove by yesterday...it sure looks nice....

Gerald Potts
Auburn, GA.

dj10
02-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Making a great track even better :023: ....but maybe just in time for them to bulldoze it all into a housing development :(
Man I hope than doesn't happen for years.

http://www.roadatlanta.com/news_images/repave_big.jpg
[/b]

Looks great! Now some developers will build houses near the track and people will buy them knowing the race track is there, but then they will start bitching about the noise!! Go figure. They do the same stupid shit at airports too. :D

Tom Donnelly
02-09-2007, 01:57 PM
One thing about Road Atlanta. There are neighborhoods around it already. And right across the street is Lanier Raceway, a concrete oval. So its kinda like 2 airports instead of one. They'd have to push out the roundy-round guys as well.

Tom

charrbq
02-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Hopefully, you're right. I remember going to Road Atlanta when it was hard enough to find Highway 53...now, the development of land around there is phenomenal. I said the same thing about the business development and traffic in my neighborhood. As long as the big private school and all its facilities were located across the road, there would be no more businesses and strip malls in the area. This summer the school sold out and the buildings were destroyed. Construction starts on the new stores this next month.

Bildon
02-09-2007, 03:59 PM
>> Well.....the new track surface would make an awesome cart path...........

And who in the neighborhood will have the fastest cart! :eclipsee_steering:

Anubis
02-09-2007, 11:02 PM
It'll be real interesting what the site line for flagging from drivers left at 5 will be, hopefully they didn't turn an immaculate signalling station into a situation like turn 3 where you are so far off the course the only thing that gets a drivers attention is a massively waved yellow.

CaptainWho
02-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Yup ... cross-track at 5 looks forked. :(

Anubis
02-12-2007, 08:51 PM
And how much braver will folks be both for carrying speed... and trying to pass with all that extra room. :smilie_pokal:

lateapex911
02-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Is the track actually going to be wider, or is it just going to be smoother?

It looks like it was ground, so the height of the berms shouldn't change, but it's tough to see from the pics.

CaptainWho
02-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Is the track actually going to be wider, or is it just going to be smoother?[/b]

I don't think it's wider, just repaved-smooth and maybe a little resculpted-smooth, and with more run off room. I got a flyer from RA today that showed before and after photos (that's the after photo, above).

It looks like it was ground, so the height of the berms shouldn't change, but it's tough to see from the pics.[/b]

There were photos posted somewhere recently of the work under way at T5. From that photo, it looked like they dug the whole apex of T5 up, down at least three or four feet, but didn't disturb the gators. In that photo, only the T5 apex gators were visible.

JLawton
02-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Hmmmmm. Maybe we'll see some records broken at this years ARRC.........

lateapex911
02-13-2007, 10:45 AM
yes, for those than hold it down thru 12, I imagine some marks will fall...

;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.....at least your car has enough power to make 12 dicey, LOL....