PDA

View Full Version : Blank Entries?

glhman222
02-04-2007, 12:23 PM
in the rule book if a restriction is empty then can i do whatever i want in it? like compression if it is blank can i go to like 11:1? or whatever i want

JimLill
02-04-2007, 12:26 PM
IIDSYCYC........

Typically that applies....

if it doesn't say you can you can't

lateapex911
02-04-2007, 01:10 PM
There are 3 cars on the ITCS spec lines that are lacking compression info. These are omissions, and the ITAC/CRB has them on the books for correction.

You will see either that data printed in Fastrack, or as an update no later than the 2008 GCR

You could, theoretically build an engine to take advantage of the ommision, but you will be in dangerous waters, for if you are protested, the tech officials might look at your required shop manual and slap you for anything over a hlf point gain. And they'd be correct, as the GCR states as much in section 9.1.3.D.1.l. The stats in the GCR exist as a guide, and where missing, it will be up to the competitors to provide proof of thier legality.

And if you are lucky enough to get through unscathed un pprotested, the update will be printed shortly, rendering your "gray area" motor most non gray.

(And thats a liberal point of view)

Common sense should rule the day here.....

Andy Bettencourt
02-04-2007, 10:36 PM
in the rule book if a restriction is empty then can i do whatever i want in it? like compression if it is blank can i go to like 11:1? or whatever i want [/b]

From the GCR:

Those are not restrictions. They are specs. Just because a spec is missing doesn&#39;t preclude you from the other rules. You are allowed a half point over stock, even if your stock CR isn&#39;t listed.</span>

</span>