PDA

View Full Version : MEMPHIS SPRING REGIONAL/NATIONAL/IT TOUR

bldn10
02-01-2007, 06:12 PM
March 10-11 w/ test day on 3/9.
Memphis BBQ and St. Louis beer party Sat.! :birra:
IT gets 2 races w/ separate sanctions - count as 2.

Go to Memphis Forms (http://www.midsouthscca.com/index.php?name=CModsDownload)- fill 'em out and mail 'em in.

:eclipsee_steering:

Turkflyer
02-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I'll be there! Rebuilt a motor for the Miata, but real low on HP.....working on how to get the HP back. I'll be there either way.....wouldn't want to miss the BBQ

charrbq
02-02-2007, 09:16 AM
I hope to make it. It's one of my all time favorite events. I'm still in discussion with licensing and doctors. This could take some time.

CDS
02-02-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm planning to be there. Got to finish redoing my door bars and install new belts. Oh yeah, and buy tires, and fix the brakes on the trailer, and fix a broken exhaust bracket. Guess I better get busy.

R2 Racing
02-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there a real map of this track? I tried to look on their website but couldn't get a picture of just what the roadcourse is. Thanks!

charrbq
02-02-2007, 10:14 PM
It should be on the forms, Kevin. I can't get them to download, but it's usually a very small map. It's a 1.7 mile course, the majority of which is a dragstrip and runoff area...followed by a banked, fast right hander...a left dog leg...a 3rd gear, lrlr chicane known as the "M's"...a short chute...a tight left/right chicane...a short chute...a right, flat, frequently slick, blind sweeper..."The Concrete Coffin" turn...and a launch onto the long straight. Course is rather simple but challenging in its simplicity.

Plus, it's flat. Only elevation change is the sweeper at the end of the long straight. Of the family jewels if you get crossed up in the "Coffin Turn".

It requires decent handling, good brakes, good torque, good top end, good mid range, large stones at the final turn, and an appetite for fun with good people. If for no other reason, having watched you devour our food at the ARRC, you would enjoy going just for the Saturday night barbeque alone. If you leave that thing hungry, then you must have passed out before you got done. :birra

bldn10
02-03-2007, 08:32 PM
"If for no other reason, having watched you devour our food at the ARRC, you would enjoy going just for the Saturday night barbeque alone."

I don't mean to step on any toes because I appreciate all that the Atlanta Region does at the ARRC, but I suspect that they have to use the offical track caterer for all their food, including the "BBQ." Now I must say, for pork that has never been in contact w/ real smoke, that is not bad at all, but we serve real Memphis BBQ - slow smoked shoulders taken out of the cooker and pulled right at the track. We actually have to pay the track a more than nominal fee to allow us to bring in Mean Gene.

charrbq
02-03-2007, 10:01 PM
No offense taken, Bill. I was referring to what we cook down on the skid pad at Rebstock's. Gumbo and Jambalaya...normally enough to feed 50-75 people at least twice. No comparison to the barbeque at Memphis. There is a difference from Texas barbeque, where I'm from, and I keep my preferences to myself out of respect for my hosts. But, I'm not racing in Texas where they don't serve barbeque after a race day.

OTLimit
02-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Bill,
I am assuming that Andrea's attendance would be appreciated? Chris is going to work on being there, but with the union election 2 weeks later and all of the CRB stuff, it might not be possible.

That said, he'll probably make at least one of the cars run and drive down.

bldn10
02-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Lesley, we would very much appreciate Andrea's (has she outgrown "Andie?") presence and assistance. :026:

OTLimit
02-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Bill,
She responds to both. I tend to use Andrea more.

If at all possible, she will be there.

CDS
02-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Bill, would someone be available to do my annual tech late afternoon/early evening that Friday?

bldn10
02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech is open 6:30 - 9 Fri. night. You don't need an annual to run the test day.

CDS
02-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks Bill. I can't make the test day (work always gets in the way), but I hope to get to the track Friday evening in time to get teched so I don't have to worry about it Saturday morning.

bldn10
03-01-2007, 10:00 AM
TRUE ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE!!! :026:

www.midsouthscca.com

BlueStreak
03-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Car is still on the frame machine - less than a week to go......... :bash_1_:

Not looking good for me at the moment :(