PDA

View Full Version : CMP Feb. Rollcall

jmark
01-29-2007, 07:11 AM
Who's coming? I should be there shooting photos.

Team SSR
01-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Our car won't be ready, but I'll probably be there helping out a GT1 car.

NutDriverRighty
01-29-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm trying to get Captain Who to agree to it, although it means alot of travel for him. If OPM has the car ready, I wanna drive IT7 in the CCPS race. I'm getting married on 2/10 and the soon-to-be has agreed to let me go play. Figure that this is an opportunity I can't afford to pass on. :eclipsee_steering:

JeffYoung
01-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Planning on being there in our resurrected Z car for meand MAYBE the Jensen Healey for Ron. TR8 is getting a new haircut.

jmark
01-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Planning on being there in our resurrected Z car for meand MAYBE the Jensen Healey for Ron. TR8 is getting a new haircut.
[/b]Jeff, Glad to see you are back to driving the right car! B)

Ron Earp
01-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I'm on. Don't get too close in case the JH decides to spill its guts or go up in flames.

R

JeffYoung
01-31-2007, 01:39 AM
LOL.....I like that Z car......it is fun. We are trying to shed cars and focus, but I will have a hard time selling it. Miatas, I care not about. The Z, it hs character. We'll see what it does.

Parrish57
01-31-2007, 03:01 PM
CMP Feb???? When did this CCPS race make the schedule??? Thanks for all of the advance warning......( did I miss something?)

JeffYoung
01-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Steve, same thing happened to me. They apparently added a CCPS race to the National weekend on Feb. 17 I believe. I am about 50/50 on going down there in our 260Z. Can you make it or are you flying somewhere?

Hope to see you there.

Jeff

jmark
01-31-2007, 03:06 PM
CMP Feb???? When did this CCPS race make the schedule??? Thanks for all of the advance warning......( did I miss something?)
[/b]You going to try make CMP?

JimW337
02-01-2007, 12:41 PM
This might be a little off topic but...

How or Who do you contact to register for the CCPS. The CCPS rules say you must pay a $20.00 annual fee and register your team but give no directions on how to go about doing this. Anyone care to enlignten me.

JimWray (Rookie Driver)
Greensboro, NC

JeffYoung
02-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Jim, easiest thing to do is just look for David Murphy at the track. The CCPS folks are good about getting everyone registered up.

NutDriverRighty
02-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Estus White and/or his wife are usually at CMP. Don't worry too much about the $ and the paperwork. The White's have always been very easy to work with. They'll provide you with CCPS decal as well as any contingency decals required for the series (last year, there were very few.........none, IIRC by the race at Lowe's).

Scott "Righty" Franklin
ITA/IT7 and SPU

BTW, looks like Captain Who and I are not going to make it after all. Damn, might have to spend the weekend with my new wife!! LOL

Parrish57
02-01-2007, 05:51 PM
[quote]
Steve, same thing happened to me. They apparently added a CCPS race to the National weekend on Feb. 17 I believe. I am about 50/50 on going down there in our 260Z. Can you make it or are you flying somewhere?

Hope to see you there.

Jeff... I'm in Dubai...I think. What day is it? I'll be home before the race (I think) but it doesn't give me much time to prep the car. If Bryan and I make the race it will be a VERY late entry.

murphyd
02-02-2007, 08:18 AM
The CCPS committee was originally told by the Central Carolina Region that they would not be running the CCPS series this season. On Jan. 13th the CCPS committee was told by CCR that they had scheduled a CCPS race with the National in Feb. WE posted it as soon as it was confirmed. Sorry! Check the website (www.carolinacupproseries.com) for other TENTATIVE dates with the CCR.

As for registration, that can be handled at the track at the first event, no problems.

Contact me if you have any other questions!

jmark
02-06-2007, 06:20 PM
No ITS cars entered yet.....

JeffYoung
02-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Ron and I are taking a pass. Lots of driving for little racing........tough when the CCPS gets paired up with a National weekend.

Team SSR
02-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Any results from the CCPS race?

jmark
02-20-2007, 07:10 AM
It is up on mylaps. I didn't make it. Home sick all weekend. From what I hear I didn't miss anything. The weather was cold and very windy......

JeffYoung
02-20-2007, 07:50 AM
And not a single ITS, ITA, ITB or ITC car, and only one IT7.

Rick_htm
02-20-2007, 08:30 PM
I hate to see that the turnout was so low. But you had very little warning, a crappy time of year weather wise, a mediocer track, and a series that the regions can't decide wether to support or sabbatoge. I can't say I'm supprised. The national classes didn't draw flys either. It's a shame because the numbers have been there in the past, and the potential is there to draw even better. I know-:dead_horse:

iambhooper
02-21-2007, 06:12 AM
And not a single ITS, ITA, ITB or ITC car, and only one IT7.
[/b]

So how should one perceive this... an opportunity at a cheap first win, lost?

or

A weekend spent where money, time and resource was saved (not to mention the Wife was happy I was spending time with here :D ) while remaining warm?

I flaged the CMP weekend in '04 (at the carosel)... it was the most miserable experience, cold, damp, windy... cars running off all around me... MISERABLE!

JeffYoung
02-27-2007, 03:44 AM
LOL...I guess I cold have gone down and cruised around in the TR8 at a 2:05 pace and taken a checkers, but is that really "racin'?" Would have to say no I think........

So, but for the wife part, have to vote for number 2.

You going to the Rock?

seckerich
02-27-2007, 08:19 AM
LOL...I guess I cold have gone down and cruised around in the TR8 at a 2:05 pace and taken a checkers, but is that really "racin'?" Would have to say no I think........

You going to the Rock?
[/b]
It would have been easier for me to do the TR8 cruisin. :rolleyes:

As for the regions killing the CCPS series--The CCR board has met with the series representitives and we are in full support of CCPS. Changes we felt needed to be made are in place and we are working to give these races better time slots at our events. This is going to be a fun year to be a part of this series so mark your calanders.

CaptainWho
02-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Changes we felt needed to be made are in place and we are working to give these races better time slots at our events. This is going to be a fun year to be a part of this series (CCPS) so mark your calanders.
[/b]

That sounds great! We're looking forward to it.

Parrish57
02-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Steve... Thanks for the support for the CCPS. That really helps when trying to decide on running for points. (I knew I shoulda gone down in Feb and cruised around at a 2:04 pace!)

The CCPS website lists the May and June events as Tentative. Can you confirm these events?

seckerich
02-27-2007, 09:47 AM
CCPS will be on the schedule for May at CMP as well as the June Jam at Lowes. We are going to try to run the CMP race last thing Saturday. Still working out schedule but this should be a blast and a lot cooler.

Parrish57
02-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Steve... Are you trying to race the CCPS last thing Saturday for both CMP and Lowes? Sounds great to me but I thought that the CCPS was traditionally run on Monday with the ECR at the CMP Memorial day event.

seckerich
02-27-2007, 02:05 PM
For CMP to start with. Too many people want to run the race but do not want to stay the extra day. We want to have something different each day. Can't tell you everything at this point but look for some fun changes in the monday schedule. We will post as soon as we confirm the supps. CMP memorial day will be one you do not want to miss this year.

iambhooper
02-28-2007, 06:32 AM

You going to the Rock?
[/b]

Yes, I'm running the rock. This will be my first experieince there. I ran Charlotte a few years ago (so it won't be y first roval experience). I'm running the SARRC, don't have a co-driver for the ECR. The car is a bath and a tech inspection away from being ready. It should have both by this weekend.

hoop

JeffYoung
02-28-2007, 06:48 AM
Excellent, wash her good.

I ran the test day in the Triumph over a year ago now. I liked the Rock. Not as fast or intimidating as Charlote, and the entrance into the infield is far less dangerous. The exit to the oval is tricky though, and you can whack your alignment or spoiler up pretty good on it.

See you down there.

iambhooper
02-28-2007, 07:54 PM
is the transition worse than charlotte? i guess i need to watch the video some more.

JeffYoung
02-28-2007, 08:10 PM
It can be. It's not like "shooting the gap" that you have to do at Charlotte, and it is a bit slower, but the exit onto the banking is a "fishook" shaped turn and it is very easy to hit the banking at a nearly straight up angle -- bad bad bad for spoiler and suspension.

The cool thing about the Rock is not that it is overly complicated, but that two of the most important corners -- the entry into the infield and the exit onto the oval -- have two equally as fast, but different lines. Should be fun.