PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR-bars in a 4-door Neon?

splats
01-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Is anyone running NASCAR-bars in a 4-door Neon? If so, can you post some pics on how yours are done? I'm having trouble trying to get them around the B-pillar and still be safe. :wacko:

Greg Krom
01-29-2007, 08:31 AM
I had NASCAR bars added to the Kirk cage in my 4-door Neon last year. Sky-Tek in Rochester, MI did the work and it turned out beautifully. They have done the same work for many of the Neons here in the Detroit area (and there are a bunch of us!).

I'll take some pictures in the next couple of days and post them.

m glassburner
01-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Ummmmm....your talking about the front doors right ?? #19 omni mdg. B)

splats
01-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Greg,
That would be helpful. I've come-up with 3 different designs that 'might' work, but would like to see a set that are already installed. The B-pillar is my problem.

Mike,
Unless you know of a 'gray-area' in the rules. Then yes, I'm talking about the front doors.

Streetwise guy
03-10-2007, 09:14 PM
I have found it is tough to gain much room without running the tubes outside the B pillar, unless you are short enough you are not sitting right beside the pillar. It makes the back door inoperable, takes structure out of the front and breaks a wide variety of IT rules. :rolleyes: I have done one Neon and a Sentra like that for local stock car racing and it works fine there, other than leaving a wobbly front door.
I do understand why you want the nascar bars, I would never go back after having them in my 2 door.

Jim

Rabbit07
03-11-2007, 10:53 AM
We (SKytek) have installed about half a dozen four door neon door bars in the last 6 months. The lower bar is best at rocker height, with the vertical bars moving outward and up to meet the upper bar which lines up with the stock crash bar in the door. Quite safe and easy to install.

splats
03-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Chris, I'm not understanding about the bars. :wacko: (may have spent too much time in the sun this weekend). I'm trying to have the bars tie from the A-pillar to the B-pillar horizionally (4 bars). I called SCCA tech last week about going thru the B-pillar and they said, "No". (had to ask). Do you have a picture of any of the door-bars? If so, e-mail me at [email protected]

Rabbit07
03-12-2007, 08:53 AM
[attachmentid=857]Here is one picture