PDA

View Full Version : gateway double school, wheres the info?

anrkii
01-26-2007, 02:41 AM
I have been all over the stlscca website, and i can find absolutely zip about the march double school and race.

wheres the info?

FireballPhil
01-26-2007, 08:37 AM
anrkii, more than likely, the sanction has been applied for but not received. And the they can't post the entry form until they have sanction approval. We here in the MidSouth Region have applied for the sanction of our regional/national in March but haven't received it yet. Be patient, the STL region is very good about getting their race info online early.

Phil

Speed Raycer
01-26-2007, 11:08 AM
:D This is usually the 2nd place I post the info (1st being the site itself).

Phil is spot on. No sanction... no info posted. I'll check again today on progress.

Speed Raycer
01-30-2007, 08:24 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/STLRoadRacing/Website%20Content/DDSImage.jpg (http://www.stlscca.org/Default.aspx?tabid=144)

Ok... That ^^^^ didn't work

STL SCCA Super School March 23-25, 2007 (http://www.stlscca.org/Default.aspx?tabid=144)

anrkii
01-31-2007, 04:08 AM
thanks for posting the info!

time for some more dumb questions:

thursday also has registration and tech, why?

are the entry fees due when I sign up online, or when I get to the track?

can I do this on my own, or do I really need to drag a friend along?

also, gateway has a no tent camping policy, and Im too cheap (or possibly broke) for a hotel. If I sleep in the tow rig, are there showers, etc available at the facility, or should I go to a hotel?
Another problem I see with going to a cheap hotel in st louis is the fact that a racecar on an open trailer might attract the wrong sort of attention in the parking lot while im sleeping, or is that just paranoia speaking?

Also do I need to obtain a permanent number for my car?

Speed Raycer
01-31-2007, 08:40 AM
>>thursday also has registration and tech, why?

Because you REALLY don't want to show up Fri @ 6am and try and register and tech when your class starts at 7:30am

>>are the entry fees due when I sign up online, or when I get to the track?

Pretty sure you can pay COD which is at the track

>>can I do this on my own, or do I really need to drag a friend along?

Do yourself a favor and at least bring someone that can put gas in the car, rotate the tires, check the oil etc while you're in class. When you're not in class/talking with instructor, you'll be on the track

>>also, gateway has a no tent camping policy, and Im too cheap (or possibly broke) for a hotel. If I sleep in the tow rig, are there showers, etc available at the facility, or should I go to a hotel?

Sleeping in your rig is not a problem. THere are no showers but there are plenty of sinks. There IS a truck stop across the street that has pay showers

>>Another problem I see with going to a cheap hotel in st louis is the fact that a racecar on an open trailer might attract the wrong sort of attention in the parking lot while im sleeping, or is that just paranoia speaking?

Racecar and trailer/tools can stay at the track starting Thurs night. No worries there. Nobody other than us racers even know there's a road course there ;)

>>Also do I need to obtain a permanent number for my car?
Nah... just bring some racer tape in a contrasting color to your car. Make the numbers big and you'll avoid a visit from that Timing & Scoring A-hole sporting the Izzy's T-shirt ;)

anrkii
03-06-2007, 04:02 AM
I have all my crap sorted out, and I think im going to this thing, but first some more noob questions:

how late can I drop my car and tools off at the track on thursday? how safe will my stuff be?

I plan to get my annual tech next week, do I also have the car teched at each event as well?

also, during the school, what do myself and my crew do for food? food to buy there, or bring a well stocked cooler?

I figure three days is too long to sleep without accomodations, so the cheap van hippie idea is out the window. do you recommend/or stay away from any certain cheap motels in collinsville?

I can hardly contain my excitement.!

tnord
03-06-2007, 09:10 AM
i think gateway closes its gates pretty early, like 10pm or so, but i think you have to be there, signed the waver, and given your pass by like 8pm.

the car won't have to be tech'd once you have your annual, but you do have to go to 'tech' with your logbook and helmet each event.

concessions will be open, but i always bring food with me. as scott said, there's a massive truck stop across the street that probably has lots of stuff.

Speed Raycer
03-06-2007, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't plan on the concessions being open. Thats GIR's deal and they're hit or miss sometimes. I'd bring a cooler with some sandwich stuff no matter what... better for your stomach butterflys than hot dogs and burgers. Besides, racing's expensive enough w/o spending 4.00 on a burger ;)

Normally, GIR charges $25 for thurs night drop-off, but I'm not sure about for the Drivers School weekend. They have security that makes rounds and controls who goes in so your stuff is fairly safe... probably much safer than in a hotel parking lot.

shwah
03-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey I have a friend planning to run the school and race. He has had difficulty registering online. The system does not seem to complete the registration. Carol has told him that he can ONLY register online. Is this true? I'm not a big fan of that policy if this is the case...

anrkii
03-15-2007, 03:33 AM
nope, call this lady: Carol Cohn 314-997-6167 , she can set you up over the phone, I believe.

Speed Raycer
03-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Online Registration closes at 3pm today. Obviously, you can register at the event, but why make the school more hectic & frustrating for yourself?

www.stlscca.org or
www.dlbracing.com (search for St. Louis SCCA)