PDA

View Full Version : VIR Lodging

spnkzss
01-23-2007, 08:59 AM
So here is the deal. I really need to get to VIR this year. Yet to go, hear awesome things about it. I plan on going down for the MARRS/SARRC mother's day weekend. The trick is, my wife will be about 7 months pregnant at that time. I have been looking into The Lodge and The Suites on premises. That might get my some bonus points along with making her as comfortable as possible. Can anyone tell me about The Lodge and The Suites. What the difference is. I figure this will be our "last vacation" for awhile, so I want to make it nice for her.

Thanks

abreakey
01-23-2007, 10:50 AM
The Lodge is a nice hotel that is on site. The hotel has track views from the balconies and is generally a nice hotel. The suites are located above the garages and all have a view of the front straight and pit entrance. The rooms are nice with a mini kitchen and decent beds. The benefit I see of the suites is that they are located right in the paddock, so staying there with the family makes it easy to stop in a say hi during the day, whereas the Lodge requires you to drive over to it (still on site, just not as close). Of course, the garage suites are near a lot of loud cars, so if one desires a nice quiet nap in the afternoon, it may not be the best location.

BTW, I use the suites whenever possible.

adamb

lateapex911
01-23-2007, 11:08 AM
How much are the suites?

Does VIR allow camping? RVs? Staying in your trailer? Are there showers available?

abreakey
01-23-2007, 11:16 AM
How much are the suites?

Does VIR allow camping? RVs? Staying in your trailer? Are there showers available?
[/b]

The price depends on the weekend. I have paid as little as $79/day for one.

Here you can find more details (as well as sold out dates)
http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php?optio...&id=4&Itemid=45 (http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=4&Itemid=45)

adamb

JeffYoung
01-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Jake, VIR allows it ALL....lol...you can stay in your trailer, your car, whatever. There are several very nice spots just a few hundred yards from the North (the main) paddock to pitch tents that have shade, grills and are flat.

Showers are the nicest I have seen at a track, and plentiful.

If you are coming down in May, weather should be great. Great time to camp, but the price on the suites is hard to beat and you get covered garage space for your car.

lateapex911
01-23-2007, 11:59 AM
When is the May event??

spnkzss
01-23-2007, 12:13 PM
When is the May event??
[/b]

Mother's Day Weekend. May 11-12. Whatever that weekend is. This year it is still a double, but a 2 day double instead of 3 day double.

lateapex911
01-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Yup, I called, That weekend is a bit pricier. For the garage and a suite its over 360 for the weekend. Very cool setup! Hows the paddock?

And, interestingly, the lodge is cheaper per night, by $20 or so IIRC.

erlrich
01-23-2007, 12:38 PM
I just got off the phone with Sandie; for that weekend garage suites are going for $119/night for just the suite, and $210/night for suite and garage. Rooms at the lodge are $109/night.

JeffYoung
01-23-2007, 12:42 PM
You really only need it SAturday night -- $210 is high, but not too bad.

Jake, the lodge is across the track and is "nicer" but somewhat distant from the paddock. if you don't care about the garage space, the lodge is probably the way to go.

lateapex911
01-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Yea, but I think thats a two night weekend package combo pricing. A minimum stay if you will. And it makes sense after a 10 hour drive, plus it's a two day event, so I'd need the garage for two days.

Of course, it's all contigent on if the GF wants to go, etc, etc, etc. (and she hates planning in advance, which makes it REALLY hard, LOL)

dj10
01-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Yea, but I think thats a two night weekend package combo pricing. A minimum stay if you will. And it makes sense after a 10 hour drive, plus it's a two day event, so I'd need the garage for two days.

Of course, it's all contigent on if the GF wants to go, etc, etc, etc. (and she hates planning in advance, which makes it REALLY hard, LOL)
[/b]

Jake, you plan in advance, just don't tell her. ;)

Ron Earp
01-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Come on down!

I'd love to meet some of you folks for sure. VIR is fantastic - there are showers, food (good food, a real resturant and the barn food which is good), as well as a decent bar and lots of places to watch and enjoy the race. I have not been to many tracks only Roebling, CMP, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio, Rockingham, and Summit but VIR has got facilities at any of those beat by far. Way far.

And that isn't even including track discussion.

Rent that house we rented at the 13 hour, can't remember the name, Jeff you might remember? Sleeps a bunch, is controlled by VIR, and is 2 miles away. Maybe a few of us IT people could get together and rent it?

It is a house on the historica register and woman appeal is through the roof.

R

kbrewMR2
01-28-2007, 10:45 PM
a good friend of mine used those rooms over the garages the last time I was there, it seems like a killer deal and thats before you even think about the garage underneath

VIR has the nicest facilities in the Southeast, and imho about the 2nd best track :D