PDA

View Full Version : I.T. Festival approved by Cincinnati BoD

Pages : [1] 2

TAC
01-17-2007, 06:52 AM
To All,

I'm pleased to announce the Inaugural Cincinnati I.T. / SPEC-tacular has been approved by the Cincinnati BoD as proposed. Classes ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, ITS, ITR, IT7, TCC, SM and SRF are invited to join the fun August 11th and 12th, 2007 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. PDX to be held on August 10th!

Thanks to Butch Kummer, Dave Burchfield and Andy Bettencourt for all the support. I'll keep the info flowing as the race committee gets the details together.

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Race Chairman

Butch Kummer
01-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Congratulations, Todd. We've never met except via e-mail, but I'm here if you need me. Lots of tequila will also help with the "challenges" you'll be facing in the next few months. :D

Butch Kummer
ARRC Committee Chairman

Greg Amy
01-17-2007, 08:42 AM
:023:

Heads-up on accomodations in the area?

R2 Racing
01-17-2007, 09:26 AM
This is going to be sweet!

[/b]
You can camp for free at Mid Ohio. ;) I suggest it, because we're going to have some fun that weekend!

Greg Amy
01-17-2007, 09:46 AM
That's perfectly fine for me, but my crew chief tends to be a bit more...snobby (although I can't for the LIFE of me understand where THAT comes from...probably has a lot to do with him not paying the bill...)

dj10
01-17-2007, 10:31 AM

Heads-up on accomodations in the area? [/b]

The closer to the track the more money, example comfort inn south in Lexington, 15 min from track will cost about $100 per nite. The comfort inn north in Mansifield is 20 min from the track by the back way and will cost about 25 to 30 less and your closer to Red Lobster. Both places have lots to choises to eat. There are other places to stay between the two, like Motel 8, I'm sure I or someone can get you a list if you want.

Todd, what's the chances you can get your list of motels for mid-ohio posted so these out of towners can make their arrangements?

Thanks

Dan

lateapex911
01-17-2007, 10:59 AM
That's perfectly fine for me, but my crew chief tends to be a bit more...snobby (although I can't for the LIFE of me understand where THAT comes from...probably has a lot to do with him not paying the bill...) [/b]

Feed him more Monster and push him in the trailer when he gets all Monstered up...he'll never know the difference, but he might get a bit "gamey" smelling on day two or three, LOL.

erlrich
01-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Kudos to everyone who put this together! I hope this will be a big hit and the start of a new tradition. I also hope in future years it will fall on a weekend when there are no conflicting series races - I know I would love to get the chance to race at Mid-Ohio.

As far as accomodations, this is probably as good a place to start as any: http://www.midohio.com/pdf/Area%20Hotels%20_2_.pdf

Racerlinn
01-17-2007, 11:49 AM

[/b]

http://dsp.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p3379711reg.jpg
:D

Rabbit07
01-17-2007, 12:04 PM
I always camp, and it always rains..........

They don't call it Mud-Ohio for nothing.

dj10
01-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Kudos to everyone who put this together! I hope this will be a big hit and the start of a new tradition. I also hope in future years it will fall on a weekend when there are no conflicting series races - I know I would love to get the chance to race at Mid-Ohio.

As far as accomodations, this is probably as good a place to start as any: http://www.midohio.com/pdf/Area%20Hotels%20_2_.pdf

[/b]

Great link!

I always camp, and it always rains..........

They don't call it Mud-Ohio for nothing. [/b]

You should stay in a damn MOTEL! :D

RacerBill
01-17-2007, 01:17 PM
For the more adventurous, try the Mid-Ohio Motel just off I-71. They used to equip the rooms with bars of soap that were branded 'First Date'.

No lie! I still have a bar for those who don't believe!

Looks like this is going to be a great weekend! I'll be pulling in probably Thursday night to get a head start on the Friday night party.

RSTPerformance
01-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Congrats and thank you... Great work!!!!

I am looking forward to making another trip out to Mid-Ohio... This time though watch out ITB... I will have a fully armed crew ready to do battle, and break some track records!!!

We really really want to go and prove the Audi's can run well at yet another track... At my last visit to Mid-Ohio with the Audi I realized that this is a near perfect track for these cars, much like Road Atlanta (Unlike NHIS and Lime RocK). I wish my car ran well at that event and I didn't have anything to prove. So with having something to prove, and depending on funding we will be at the event.

I wish that these "high caliber" events offered some sort of tow fund... We also want to head up to Canada for a race, and we may as one track we would like to visit runs very similar IT rules and they used to offer a contingency (tow that far and race for free, we welcome anyone attitude). That sort of welcoming could have us choose that event instead when the funding comes down to it. It would be awsome in the future for contingency/tow funds to help encourage those of us in the under 10K car classes ;)

Raymond "The last time was borderline embarrasing for the Audi, its time to show you what we really have!!!" Blethen

gran racing
01-17-2007, 02:07 PM
I wish my car ran well at that event and I didn't have anything to prove.[/b]

Saying this as a compliment - since when do you have anything further to prove other than possibly to yourself?

JamesB
01-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Dave - Exactly.

As for the race, too bad this will overlap a MARRS points race for me which is local so overrules.

Andy Bettencourt
01-17-2007, 02:18 PM

[/b]

I think the key to the future sucess of this event is to keep it the same weekend and have the rest of the country manuver to accomodate their members. Otherwise, it's a moving target!

Congrats to all who did the work on this. It will be a great compliment to the ARRC. If the SCCA won't invite us to the big show - we will create more big shows for ourselves!

RSTPerformance
01-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Saying this as a compliment - since whey do you have anything further to prove other than possibly to yourself?
[/b]

well, at the last visit I had an absolute blast dispite that the car didn't run well and we didn't run up front. The ITC guys I was running with and some of the locals seemed to think I was a kid talking out of my :dead_horse: when I said that it was a bit fustrating that I wasn't in the front. I know we can run up front, and yes I (we) need to prove it to myself, the team, and a few locals ;). I also would love to get the track record for ITB, I think we have a car that can do it, it is just a matter of keeping your type from taking it back or beating us to it!!! lol

Raymond

I think the key to the future sucess of this event is to keep it the same weekend and have the rest of the country manuver to accomodate their members. Otherwise, it's a moving target!

Congrats to all who did the work on this. It will be a great compliment to the ARRC. If the SCCA won't invite us to the big show - we will create more big shows for ourselves!
[/b]

the "takeover" has begun... SCCA/IT is the best racing in the country!!!

dj10
01-17-2007, 02:29 PM

Congrats to all who did the work on this. It will be a great compliment to the ARRC. If the SCCA won't invite us to the big show - we will create more big shows for ourselves! [/b]

Very good post Andy, I agree completely with ALL said.

For all of you that have never been to Mid-Ohio, you will find this to be one of the top tracks in North America. I can still remember going over madness for the 1st time. :OLA:

RacerBill
01-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Ray: Glad you are going to try and make it. Paddock with us up on the hill, Kevin, Mark, probably Matt. Great guys. Last race they pulled my transmission all the way out of my car, just to keep me out of the race!!!!! No, really they went all out trying to get me into at least one race that weekend, after my clutch voted for a catastrophic failure on the first lap of practice on Saturday. Champions, all.

I'll bring the Graeter's!!!!!

Dave Burchfield
01-17-2007, 03:30 PM
So Bill,

If you are bringing the Graeters, should I bring the Skyline?

Wouldn't it be a hoot if we could get Skyline to pony up for this event? I wonder how many of the gang has never had the pleasure of enjoying this "Cincinnati Tradition?"

TAC
01-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi guys,

I've notified our webmaster at cincyscca.com to get the hotel info on-line. I'll let you know when its up and running. It's easier than me typing it all out here.

Todd

Rabbit07
01-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Great link!

You should stay in a damn MOTEL! :D
[/b]

Funny thing, the one time I did stay in a hotel, someone kept setting off the fire alarm. I really didn't sleep well that night. :bash_1_:

R2 Racing
01-17-2007, 08:56 PM
If you are bringing the Graeters, should I bring the Skyline?[/b]

I'll bring the Graeter's!!!!![/b]
Damn, I'm staying by you guys!

I need to get Downing in here and inform him that "We're going to need a bigger fire!" :happy204:

Raymond - Chris Wilke can be awfully tough in his wabbit around Mid Ohio. ;) Should be some awesome races all around!

tom91ita
01-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Raymond "The last time was borderline embarrasing for the Audi, its time to show you what we really have!!!" Blethen[/b]

what sorts of times were you running and when?

Greg Amy
01-17-2007, 09:27 PM
If you are bringing the Graeters, should I bring the Skyline?[/b]

GregA, northeast guy looking for clues to decide if weapons are required...

RSTPerformance
01-18-2007, 01:20 AM
what sorts of times were you running and when?
[/b]

From memory, 1:53's (in 05 season 4th of July) with the computer not working at all, basically in "limp mode" (faulty wirining in O2 sensor shorting out the computer or CIS). It was a bit fustrating as ITC cars were out dragging me down the streight, I had to use the corners to gain time. The Audi's should be able to out run any ITB car on the streight, nevermind the ITC cars. Our issue is gennerally braking, and handling with these beasts. Unfortunatly for the competition, out braking is hard to do at Mid Ohio IMO. I suspect we could be in the 49's or 48's if everything is working. If we figure out the fast way around then who knows ;)

Raymond

RacerBill
01-18-2007, 07:06 AM
So Bill,

If you are bringing the Graeters, should I bring the Skyline?

Wouldn't it be a hoot if we could get Skyline to pony up for this event? I wonder how many of the gang has never had the pleasure of enjoying this "Cincinnati Tradition?"
[/b]

Should? What, are we going to have a class for methane fueled vehicles?

GregA, northeast guy looking for clues to decide if weapons are required...
[/b]

Graeter's - :D wonderful ice cream - local to Ohio

Skyline - chilli, but in my opinion, and my crew, they use the term in vain. Some people like it, I don't particularly like cinnamon in my chilli. What makes a horse race.

Bring some favorite East Coast delight and join us up on the hill.

I need to get Downing in here and inform him that "We're going to need a bigger fire!" :happy204:

[/b]

I talked to Mark yesterday. He said he may put the Fiat on hold for this year and try and get an IT ride.

Yes, on the bigger fire. We ought to try and find an old 55 gal drum. Try to hide it up in the corner where you paddock.

downingracing
01-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Ok - I've got the fire thing under control. You might not be able to see it from space, but it should be big enough that Mid-Ohio keeps a close eye on it! Mark is looking to run an IT car this year to take advantage of the 'extra' races for IT @ Mid-Ohio. A whole camp of IT cars - thank God mine is a Honda - all the others will be FIATS! ;)

R2 Racing
01-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Ok - I've got the fire thing under control. You might not be able to see it from space, but it should be big enough that Mid-Ohio keeps a close eye on it! Mark is looking to run an IT car this year to take advantage of the 'extra' races for IT @ Mid-Ohio. A whole camp of IT cars - thank God mine is a Honda - all the others will be FIATS! ;)
[/b]
He's looking for a Fiat IT car? Doesn't he realize this is his ticket out of that physical and mental abuse? :P

Dealing with Mid Ohio security Nazi's over a fire you can see from space would be fun. I'm practically on a first name basis with them for various reasons, but usually because of this --> :birra:

RacerBill
01-18-2007, 08:34 AM
He's looking for a Fiat IT car? Doesn't he realize this is his ticket out of that physical and mental abuse? :P

Dealing with Mid Ohio security Nazi's over a fire you can see from space would be fun. I'm practically on a first name basis with them for various reasons, but usually because of this --> :birra:
[/b]

Kevin: I'll bring my old Mid-Ohio Security shirt and hat, so if wnyone shows up, I'll tell 'em we got it under control! :D :D :D

Racerlinn
01-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Ok - I've got the fire thing under control. You might not be able to see it from space, but it should be big enough that Mid-Ohio keeps a close eye on it! [/b]

I'll bring an extra fire extinguisher to put you out.....

downingracing
01-18-2007, 10:08 AM
I was planning to use your car to start the fire Steve... :P If SCCA moves the DX to ITB, I've got a few at home that could be easily built. Since that isn't likely to happen soon, we've got an ITB Fiat 124, ITC Fiat 124, IT7/ITA RX7, and a few other choices that could be easily made race ready. I would like to see him in the FP Fiat at least once this year - I really do like that car and he drives the heck out of it!

924Guy
01-18-2007, 12:27 PM
You keep talking like that, Raymond, I may be forced to lead the Waterford ITB contingent down... :cavallo:

RSTPerformance
01-18-2007, 01:01 PM
You keep talking like that, Raymond, I may be forced to lead the Waterford ITB contingent down... :cavallo:
[/b]

Bring it :eclipsee_steering:

Raymond "Actually I really just want to check out your car... I think it is one of my favorite ITB cars" Blethen

gran racing
01-18-2007, 01:52 PM
You keep talking like that, Raymond, I may be forced to lead the Waterford ITB contingent down...[/b]

You weren't already planning on it? You're not afraid of a few New England Region guys, are ya? :D

Racerlinn
01-18-2007, 03:27 PM
I was planning to use your car to start the fire Steve... :P [/b]

Quoting for Ruck before he has a chance to say it himself:
"It's not fast enough to start a fire."

I'm praying for rain!
<duck and run>

RSTPerformance
01-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I&#39;m praying for rain!
<duck and run>
[/b]

Raymond "No need to duck and run, just get the umbrella!!!" Blethen

R2 Racing
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Quoting for Ruck before he has a chance to say it himself:
"It&#39;s not fast enough to start a fire."[/b]
I know I can come up with something funnier than that, but I&#39;m really sick right now and it&#39;s just not working. I&#39;ll come back to it in a couple of days. My appologies.

I&#39;m praying for rain!
<duck and run>
[/b]
Why? So you can get lapped twice instead of just once? :cavallo:

TAC
01-18-2007, 10:58 PM
I assume this means your all coming, because it sounds like a heck of a party brewing in the paddock already.

Todd

dj10
01-19-2007, 06:55 AM
I assume this means your all coming, because it sounds like a heck of a party brewing in the paddock already.

Todd [/b]

LOL Todd, you did tell these guys it is in August, not next weekend? :D

RacerBill
01-19-2007, 08:04 AM
LOL Todd, you did tell these guys it is in August, not next weekend? :D
[/b]

Rats!!!!!!!!!!!

TAC
01-19-2007, 08:11 AM
I&#39;m pretty sure I did. Could be cabin fever setting in.

Todd

R2 Racing
01-19-2007, 08:59 AM
I&#39;m pretty sure I did. Could be cabin fever setting in. [/b]
You have no idea...

gran racing
01-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Ummm, you have no idea. :( I haven&#39;t raced since last June! All I&#39;ve been doing is building a darn race car, and sitting it in from time to time making vroooom, vroooom sounds.

TAC
01-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Should we put the party on the polling topic " Who&#39;s Coming"? Maybe have it say : Yes, only if the bonfire in the paddock can be seen from outer space:) LOL!

Todd

Rabbit07
01-19-2007, 09:33 AM
You have no idea...
[/b]

Only a couple more months!

lateapex911
01-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Ummm, you have no idea. :( I haven&#39;t raced since last June! All I&#39;ve been doing is building a darn race car, and sitting it in from time to time making vroooom, vroooom sounds. [/b]

Maybe "Beano" would help with the last part...;)

JamesB
01-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Dave how close are you to having it finished?

gran racing
01-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Scratching head...what is Beano? Money??

The engine will be done this week and I&#39;ll begin working on getting that installed. Then it&#39;s time to get the cage installed in early Feb. Until those items are done, I can&#39;t do the other remaining stuff. (Paint interior and exterior, corner weight, kill switch, blah, blah, blah). I also found a leak coming from near the power steering gearing assembly, which I&#39;ll need to have someone look at.

JamesB
01-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Wow thats uhm a lot of work left. I have to pull my motor and rebuild the bottom end still. but I have till end of march at least before I want to have it back in so I can break in the motor during a PDX. After that I should be good to go.

R2 Racing
01-19-2007, 01:13 PM
All I&#39;ve been doing is building a darn race car, and sitting it in from time to time making vroooom, vroooom sounds.
[/b]
Yea, we&#39;re going to need a video of this.

I don&#39;t really have much of anything to do on the ITA Integra other than design and install a new window net and its mounting. Thanks to the new FWD ITS weights (thanks, ITAC!) and the hope of competitiveness, the ITS Prelude is getting a pretty good overhaul with a diet and added power. The Civics are working hard at collecting dust.

Racerlinn
01-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Yea, we&#39;re going to need a video of this.

I don&#39;t really have much of anything to do on the ITA Integra other than design and install a new window net and its mounting. Thanks to the new FWD ITS weights (thanks, ITAC!) and the hope of competitiveness, the ITS Prelude is getting a pretty good overhaul with a diet and added power. The Civics are working hard at collecting dust.
[/b]

So says Mongo.....

Dave Gran, do google searches on "Blazing Saddles" and "Beano".
"Want some more beans, Mr. Taggart?"

TAC
01-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Dave,

You can always turn the volume up on the Aussie V8 Supercars tonight. 12 a.m. and 1 a.m. est. Speed T.V.

To all,

BTW, the session schedule for each group is:

Saturday,

30 minute Qualifying

45 minute/ 25 lap race ( Lap times set the grid for Sunday morning )

Sunday,

30 minute / 15 lap qualifying race ( Sets the grid for Last race)

45 minute/ 25 lap race

Still working on the points system. Any suggestions?

Todd

dj10
01-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Dave,

You can always turn the volume up on the Aussie V8 Supercars tonight. 12 a.m. and 1 a.m. est. Speed T.V.

To all,

BTW, the session schedule for each group is:

Saturday,

30 minute Qualifying

Sunday,

45 minute/ 25 lap race

Todd [/b]

Wow, aren&#39;t these races longer than the National runoffs, when they were @ Mid-Ohio? Looks good to me, one hell of a long sprint race. :eclipsee_steering:

Andy Bettencourt
01-19-2007, 09:05 PM

Todd [/b]

2 points X your finishing position (1st - 2, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 6, etc) RACE 1 Sat afternoon

1 point X your finishing position (1st - 1, 2nd - 2, 3rd - 3, etc) Qual Race Sun morn.

2 points X your finishing position (1st - 2, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 6, etc) Race 2 Sun afternoon.

Lowest point total wins. Ties go to better placing finisher on Sunday afternoon race.

Eagle7
01-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Have you decided on the format? Typical is "fastest lap" qualifier in the morning, race in the afternoon. Repeat on Sunday. There&#39;s been discussion of a Sunday morning race. Anything been decided about this? (or did I miss it?)

Andy Bettencourt
01-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Have you decided on the format? Typical is "fastest lap" qualifier in the morning, race in the afternoon. Repeat on Sunday. There&#39;s been discussion of a Sunday morning race. Anything been decided about this? (or did I miss it?) [/b]

You missed it 3 posts above yours!

gran racing
01-20-2007, 03:24 AM
The format sounds awesome!

I am kinda thinking that there should be more emphasis on Sunday&#39;s race based on how its starting position is arrived at. Using Andy&#39;s approach, that might mean 3 points x finishing position for that race. Thoughts?

R2 Racing
01-20-2007, 03:35 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle7 @ Jan 19 2007, 09:50 PM) 102386

Have you decided on the format? Typical is "fastest lap" qualifier in the morning, race in the afternoon. Repeat on Sunday. There&#39;s been discussion of a Sunday morning race. Anything been decided about this? (or did I miss it?)
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Marty, do you see what happens when you post after your bedtime? :P

Those 25 lap races are going to be looooooong. I think the longest I&#39;ve ever done there is about 19-20 laps and it was noticably longer than the 14&#39;ish we do on a typical double regional weekend. Wow, that should be fun! Kind of like the ARRC - you just need to survive the first half.

I&#39;ll have to think about the points system and see how I feel about it. Really, we&#39;re talking about a 65 lap, ~2 hour "championship" race here! Survival will definately be key.

JLawton
01-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Scratching head...what is Beano? Money??

Ah, Jake, these young guy. :rolleyes:

I also found a leak coming from near the power steering gearing assembly, which I&#39;ll need to have someone look at.
[/b]

Dave, powersteering "stuff" isn&#39;t that complicated. DIY. Plus, what&#39;s a little leaking powersteering fluid. My pump flogs it into a froth and spews it everywhere!!! That&#39;s how I change it!! :023:

erlrich
01-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Saturday,
30 minute Qualifying

Sunday,
45 minute/ 25 lap race
[/b] 25 lap races!?!? Now that&#39;s just all kinds of wrong...you&#39;re really trying to temp me to pass on my MARRS weekend aren&#39;t you? If the car ends up running as well as I expect it to this year I may not be able to pass on this.

Even more so if Rick B. decides to show up; after the driving lesson he gave me at Summit (in his B car no less) I&#39;ll be looking for some payback :D .

gran racing
01-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Earl,

Suck it up and pass on the MARRS event. :P Us N.E. guys will be passing on a Lime Rock event.

TAC
01-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Now remember that&#39;s 25 laps if everyone plays nice! You still can&#39;t win the race on the first lap. LOL

Todd

924Guy
01-20-2007, 10:14 AM
You weren&#39;t already planning on it? You&#39;re not afraid of a few New England Region guys, are ya? :D
[/b]

&#39;Course not - it&#39;s home ground! Only afraid of not having the money to go... :blink:

Rabbit07
01-20-2007, 10:23 AM
&#39;Course not - it&#39;s home ground! Only afraid of not having the money to go... :blink:
[/b]

Better start putting the money in the piggy bank now! :D

Eagle7
01-20-2007, 10:41 AM

[/b]

:bash_1_: My brain is mush from 70 hour weeks. Thanks.

Marty, do you see what happens when you post after your bedtime? :P
[/b]

Probably dementia setting in. :wacko:

Racerlinn
01-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Now remember that&#39;s 25 laps if everyone plays nice! You still can&#39;t win the race on the first lap. LOL

Todd
[/b]

Hmm, and that brings forth concerns about tire management, fuel loads, and minimum weights for those that are using fuel as ballast. Plus, if it&#39;s a scorcher of a weekend weather-wise, driver fitness and comfort.
And guys like Downing will need to install a cigarette lighter so they can enjoy a lung rocket mid-race... :D

downingracing
01-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Steve,

I&#39;ve got the stock lighter in the car... I just need to get an open face helmet and I&#39;m set! I&#39;ll start working on that soon! How pissed will you be when I pass you and flick the butt onto your hood!!! :P

Racerlinn
01-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Steve,

I&#39;ve got the stock lighter in the car... I just need to get an open face helmet and I&#39;m set! I&#39;ll start working on that soon! How pissed will you be when you pass me and I try to flick the butt onto your hood!!! :P
[/b]

Fixed that for you....

CaptJon
01-20-2007, 03:07 PM
2 points X your finishing position (1st - 2, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 6, etc) RACE 1 Sat afternoon

1 point X your finishing position (1st - 1, 2nd - 2, 3rd - 3, etc) Qual Race Sun morn.

2 points X your finishing position (1st - 2, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 6, etc) Race 2 Sun afternoon.

Lowest point total wins. Ties go to better placing finisher on Sunday afternoon race.
[/b]
What do DNF&#39;s count for? Might be a better idea to go for the higher score.

1st=20 pts
2nd=18pt
3rd=16pt
4th=14pt
5th=13pt
6th=12pt
Each position after that down to 16th would receive 1 point less than the finishing position in front of it.

17th and on back would recieve 1 point

Double the points for saturday & sunday

Ties are broken by sundays race like Andy said

Option if more than 17 cars in class (think ITA, ITB, SM) you also get one point for each car you beat in class. I know, I know, some people dont have enough fingers & toes to do all this math.

Just an idea

Jon

Andy Bettencourt
01-20-2007, 05:05 PM
What do DNF&#39;s count for? Might be a better idea to go for the higher score.

1st=20 pts
2nd=18pt
3rd=16pt
4th=14pt
5th=13pt
6th=12pt
Each position after that down to 16th would receive 1 point less than the finishing position in front of it.

17th and on back would recieve 1 point

Double the points for saturday & sunday

Ties are broken by sundays race like Andy said

Option if more than 17 cars in class (think ITA, ITB, SM) you also get one point for each car you beat in class. I know, I know, some people dont have enough fingers & toes to do all this math.

Just an idea

Jon [/b]

When you DNF, you still have a finishing position that you can assign points to.

R2 Racing
01-20-2007, 07:02 PM
After thinking about it, I think I&#39;m ok with what Andy proposed of having the two afternoon races worth an equal amount (2X), and the Sunday morning race being half that (1X). With Dave&#39;s idea of making the Sunday afternoon race a 3X points, that&#39;s too much, IMO. Picking up three points per postion over your competitors is a lot and puts too much emphasis on the last race. Think about the last round of Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, or Family Fued - values become too high and make the previous 20 minutes meaningless; I always hated that. I think making the third race the tiebreaker is enough of a "cookie" to give it

TAC
01-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Your only competing for the overall against cars in your own class not for the overall in the race group. So a DNF may put you at the back of the field but you would only be down the points in your own class.

Todd

StephenB
01-21-2007, 08:23 AM
I think with this schedule you guys have made this event a "No Brainer" I have to go to Mid Ohio! It will probably be 1 of 3 events this year for me it seems that good!

AS far as points I like Andies idea and it seems to work to keep the competition tight! Who is the trophy person for this event? I think that whoever it is needs to really decide on an awesome prize and keep it consistant year to year. Cheaper individual small plaques for 1-3 on the 2 races then an awesome trophy for the overal Mid-Ohio I.T. Festival Champion! Another cool thing I have seen in the past is the "passing of the trophy" year to year with everyones name on it. I&#39;ve always thaught that was cool as well.

Stephen

One other thing I wanted to ask... Is this a Double event with 2 sanction #&#39;s to cover my Lic. Requirments?

Thanks,
Stephen

TimM ITB
01-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Well, I just finished making up my race schedule for 2007, and if all goes according to plan, count me in for an ITB slot at Mid-Ohio! With the format and the amount of racing seat time, this sounds too good to pass up! I will forgo the race at Lime Rock (and the NARRC points) to get a chance at this track. Having followed the Runoffs for years, the track looks fast and a blast. Now I&#39;ll get a chance at it, as well as seeing how I stack up against ITB&#39;ers from the Midwest! And no matter how that turns out, it sounds like everyone is coming into this IT Festival with the right attitude.

Ray, Stephen, Dave - we should start planning our convoy to Ohio soon! Let&#39;s see if we can get a few more ITB racers from up here in the Northeast to head out west for some fun.

Anyway, it sounds great and kudo&#39;s to all those who have put the time and effort into making this happen. And I agree with an earlier statement / post - in the future, you should keep this weekend date intact, and let the other regions schedule around it.

Looking forward to August!

Tim M.
ITB

TAC
01-21-2007, 08:45 AM
This is a Double Restricted Regional so yes it has two sanctioning numbers. Also the trophies are being worked on. We hope to make them something you&#39;ll be proud to put on display. The large trophy for each class is a neat idea the problem is what do you do with it between events ?? My wife wouldn&#39;t let me store them all at my house. LOL

Todd

P.S. Don&#39;t forget to put your name on the " Who&#39;s going" topic, which can also be found on this thread. Thanks again for all the input it really helps.

lateapex911
01-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Regarding trophies.

What makes an event special is, among other things, the history. You&#39;ve got a great track, a great format, and I think you&#39;ll see a great response. Now, if you want to creat a lineage, why not have a perpetual trophy? The Americas Cup is the classic example.

Each class gets a cool cup/trophy with a large base. On the base goes a small plaque with the winners name and the year. He takes home a small version of it to keep forever, but he also gets the big version after the plaque is made to keep for the year. Then he returns it for the next winner..which could be him, who knows.

Trophies like that are huge incentives and add a TON of prestige. Highly recommended, even if they are a bit of a pain to manage. In this case, there aren&#39;t THAT many classes, so it&#39;s wll worth the effort.

gran racing
01-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Then he returns it for the next winner..which could be him, who knows. [/b]

Cool in theory, but would imagine it would be difficult to get the trophies back each year. You&#39;ll cause a lot of grief to yourself if you do this. Do get nice trophies, something different than a traditional plaque. I know this sounds a bit silly, but get decent sized winners / checkered flags (not the smaller versions). On the flag, put "IT Festival Winner, 2007"

Are you planning on doing a website for this event? Or if you just want a page or two, I could help out by hosting / creating something for free. On it, include info. about the event, pictures of the track, a few videos, post winners info. and pictures, and some other cool stuff.

Andy Bettencourt
01-22-2007, 04:58 PM
What you do is have a HUGE Championship trophy (like the Stanley Cup) that each winner gets to hold and get his picture taken with, drink bubbly out of, etc. The Region takes that one and engraves the IT/SM winners on it each year - and is the custodian. Smaller replicas are given out to the podium guys/gals with their respective position/class on it - right at the event.

TAC
01-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Tim M. glad your coming. I&#39;m looking forward to August also.

Andy, The Stanley Cup? ...... It must be snowing in NER. LOL!

Dave, I like the Flag idea that sounds neat.

TAC
01-23-2007, 07:33 AM
I understand that you never get a second chance at a first impression. That being said, I doubt a Huge trophy is going to be available this year. But its a sure bet the Mid-Ohio Podium will be! And the trophies we give out will be something you&#39;ll cherish.

Todd

gran racing
01-23-2007, 08:09 AM
I can&#39;t remember if we&#39;ve talked about this yet or not - paddock parking.

One thing that works very nicely when going to the ARRC is having a "representative" for some of the groups of people wanting to attend the event. For example, several North East drivers make the trek down to the ARRC each year and have a reserved area for the group. It works great for everyone. The SCCA people running the paddock have several less cars to worry about finding spots for, and it is arranged before the event starts. For the group coming down, it guarantees that they&#39;ll be able to paddock together. IMO, this really makes the event more fun for various groups of people.

I&#39;m not sure what the paddock space is like at MidO (if it will be tight with the possible number of entries coming). I do feel it is important to monitor how much space is taken up by everyone. It is quite common for one single Big Rig / RV to take up several spaces just for one of their cars. Not cool.

RSTPerformance
01-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Dave-

As having been to Mid Ohio for the 04 & 05 Runoffs as well as a somewhat "big" regional, I don&#39;t think parking is an issue. I think that if each group wants a certain size area then the first arrival can mark of the spot... just my opinion. If/When parking becomes an issue, then look at it :)

Raymond

RacerBill
01-23-2007, 02:34 PM
There are three paved paddock area at Mid-Ohio (two or maybe only one if the Mid-Ohio School is conducting classes). The lower paddock (near the garages) is where you paddocked, Ray. The middle paddock is usually available, but the upper padock is questionable. It has not been available at regionals for some time.

Grassy paddock space is almost unlimited.

I think it would be nice if groups that wanted to, could paddock together. Just general areas designated, no paddock gestapo!

TAC
01-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I&#39;ll bring the paddock question up at the next Race Committee meeting Feb. 5th. Thanks for the suggestion and to RacerBill for volunteering to coordinate the effort.

Todd

gran racing
01-23-2007, 10:14 PM
The issue I have with using the "mark the spot" method is people often mark waaaay too much of a spot. This also takes away from some of the work people (SCCA volunteers) need to day on that day. Todd, Greg Amy can provide more information on how its done down at the ARRC. He collects a list of people in the group and based on that, we&#39;re alloted a certain amount of space in X area. It really works nicely for everyone involved.

R2 Racing
01-23-2007, 11:00 PM
It really isn&#39;t an issue at Mid Ohio unless you want to have paved paddock area. Like Bill said, there&#39;s two relatively small paved areas that will be available but they go real quick and you WILL piss someone off if you rope off a big chunk of it. The third paved area is 90% of the time set up for the Mid Ohio School and is never open for anything that isn&#39;t a pro event anymore. As for the nicely taken care of and "where I prefer to park at Mid Ohio anyways" grass paddock area, it&#39;s freaking huge. You would have no problem just taking a chunk of land by the first one of your clan to arrive. It&#39;s also closer to the main shower and bathroom facility.

Don&#39;t worry about taking up parking for the workers as they have their own entire area too.

TAC
01-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Matt is correct, think well kept very BIG grassy paddock. I&#39;ll look for an up to date aerial view of the track.

Todd

RacerBill
01-24-2007, 07:11 AM
[attachmentid=785]Let&#39;s see if I can do this right....

Nope, have to save picture as a file and then attach. Give me a minute.

Oh, well, a little small, but it gives you and idea. The small rectangle is the approximate size of the grassy paddock. If you look on the Mid-Ohio website, you will find a couple of good maps.

924Guy
01-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Indeed, there should not be a problem having enough space.

At Mud-Ohio, however, one does wish to look for good drainage...

RacerBill
01-24-2007, 09:42 AM
South of the paved paddocks is all uphill, and the grassy areas are mostly above the access &#39;roads&#39;. The highest part of the property (other than the Goodyear Tower) is right at the security gate. OK, the Keyhole viewing mound is higher, but you can&#39;t drive or paddock up there!

Just make sure you bring your waders and that will keep the rain away! Sacrifices to the weather gods and duck devils have been known to help as well.

R2 Racing
01-24-2007, 10:18 AM
It&#39;s early August in Ohio. Any rain will come in the form of late afternoon scattered pop-up thunderstorms.

gran racing
01-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Cool. Doesn&#39;t sound like paddock space will be an issue. Now what we need is some of that RA Jumbalaya (man did I just butcher that spelling!).

R2 Racing
01-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Now what we need is some of that RA Jumbalaya (man did I just butcher that spelling!).
[/b]
Haha - I was thinking the same thing! We might need to talk Chris into driving up from the Buyou with a couple of kettles full. :023:

924Guy
01-24-2007, 03:25 PM
A-men - gotta have that jambalaya!

TAC
01-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the pic Bill. ( Post 89) The three buildings that make a " U" on the right side of the square are tech/ Maintenance and Shower/ Bathrooms. Also don&#39;t forget for those who want a more solid structure the 28 garages along the pits will be available for rent over the weekend through Cincinnati Region.

Todd

gran racing
01-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Any idea how much they will be rented out for?

RSTPerformance
01-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Dave just know in advance, those garages have viewing areas for "spectators" and I will be able to see EVERYTHING you are doing right or wrong ;)

Raymond "had to" Blethen

gran racing
01-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Why don&#39;t you just come to CT and help me install my new engine this Sunday? :P

RSTPerformance
01-24-2007, 09:22 PM
sorry going skiing finally... lol

I have priorities ;)

Raymond

PS: You will get a call early in AM with the info you need...

TAC
01-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Dave,

I can tell you there are two types of garages. There are 12 single door garages and 16 that have a door on the front and back. ( Drive through) The budget gets presented to the Race Committee on Feb 5th and the board on Feb. 20th. We should have a set price then.

Todd

R2 Racing
01-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Typically at the SCCA regionals, the garages go for about $100-150 for the weekend (IIRC). They&#39;re nice and flat, protect your stuff, and have power. They&#39;re big enough to easily hold two cars. Well, two average sized cars. We had our ITS Prelude and our ITA Integra in one once, and it was a little tight.

gran racing
01-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Kevin, do they have a supply for us to run air tools?

R2 Racing
01-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Kevin, do they have a supply for us to run air tools?
[/b]
I really can&#39;t remember. I think they do, but I&#39;m not positive.

TAC
01-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Dave,

I think there is an air feed in each garage for use of air tools.

Todd

TAC
01-28-2007, 07:22 PM
BTW, this is the projected groupings for the I.T./ SPEC-tacular

Race group 1 ITA, ITC, IT7

Race Group 2 ITS, ITB

Race Group 3 SM

Race Group 4 ITE, ITR, TCC

Race Group 5 SRF

The 2006 description of ITE in the Great Lakes Division was:

A. Cars prepared for any past or current recognized Showroom Stock based amateur or professional racing series, not eligible for any current SCCA class.

B. Drivers must have the rule book and be able to prove compliance to the series rules the car is prepared to.

C. All cars must run DOT approved tires.

D. Cars must meet minimum safety requirements defined in the GCR and ITCS for Improved Touring.

Drivers must be SCCA member and have a competition license listed in the GCR. Car must have an SCCA logbook.

As far as I know the 2007 description will stay the same. I&#39;ll let you know if there is any change once I get a copy.

Todd

R2 Racing
01-28-2007, 11:13 PM
My only nit-picky complaint about those groupings is that I&#39;d personally like to have another run group or two between the "ITA, ITC, IT7" & "ITS, ITB" groups. I think most of us will be competing in one of those two groups, and will want to watch the other one. I know I will, but having them back-to-back will make that damn near impossible. So stick SRF in between them or something, so I can watch the ITS & ITB races!

Andy Bettencourt
01-28-2007, 11:21 PM
My only nit-picky complaint about those groupings is that I&#39;d personally like to have another run group or two between the "ITA, ITC, IT7" & "ITS, ITB" groups. I think most of us will be competing in one of those two groups, and will want to watch the other one. I know I will, but having them back-to-back will make that damn near impossible. So stick SRF in between them or something, so I can watch the ITS & ITB races! [/b]

+1. The brotherhood of IT racers would love to watch the other races!!!

RSTPerformance
01-28-2007, 11:36 PM
+1. The brotherhood of IT racers would love to watch the other races!!!
[/b]

+2, I would like to watch the New England Dominance in the other group ;)

Raymond

lateapex911
01-28-2007, 11:53 PM
+3. I think alternating group "types" is always a good idea, for several reasons, not the least of which is mentioned above.

I&#39;d also consider the moving ot ITR to the ITS ITB group, as I think the cars will be small in number, and very close to ITS times, which will make them a bad mix with the TCC class.

But thats a subtle point, I&#39;m looking forward to the event, and the run groups look great.

Also, just as a point, thanks for keeping the IT.com crowd so well informed with your frequent posts, It should help the turnout immensely!

Dave Burchfield
01-29-2007, 07:19 AM
Something to consider........

SRF and SM are going to be the easiest 2 race groups to handle at impound because of their rules set and the fact that many of them are looked at more closely more often. TCC has their own rules set and pretty much polices themselves so the other race groups are placed early in the day to facilitate enough time for a meaningful impound and allow the competitors as much travel time as possible.

Just a thought........or have I gotten too much sun.......going fishing now....

TAC
01-29-2007, 07:26 AM
I&#39;ll check with our Chief of Tech. and see what can be done as far as spreading out the groups. The point Dave made is the reason for having things the way they are. BUT, nothing is in stone.

BTW, I thank all of you for the responses. It has been of tremendous help in planning.

Todd

Rabbit07
01-29-2007, 07:49 AM
+4

I may want to run in ITA and ITB :)

gran racing
01-29-2007, 08:02 AM
+ 5 Please put another group in between the IT races. Most IT folks will want to watch the other IT groups race and have friends in other classes. For me, that&#39;s a part of the fun to going to this event. It would be frustrating now to be able to watch the ITA/ITC/IT7 race.

R2 Racing
01-29-2007, 08:10 AM
+2, I would like to watch the New England Dominance in the other group ;)[/b]
Why? Are you guys bringing some sweet IT7 cars or something? :cavallo:

erlrich
01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Why? Are you guys bringing some sweet IT7 cars or something? :cavallo: [/b] Kevin, I think he was referring to the ITC cars...I&#39;ve heard they&#39;re wicked fast up there :lol:

Oh, and +6 on splitting the IT groups. I know in our region the IT guys tend to congregate, and I&#39;m sure most feel if they can&#39;t race against their buddies they would like to watch them.

RSTPerformance
01-29-2007, 10:25 AM
well... I know we don&#39;t have any fast ITA cars here in the Northeast, so the locals certainly have nothing to worry about in that class... ITC we have Eric, I am hoping that he will show up. In IT7 I am sure going to be watching Jake, even though he doesn&#39;t get out much ;)

Raymond "Still no snow here in the Northeast, why are we not racing yet?" Blethen

gran racing
01-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Why? Are you guys bringing some sweet IT7 cars or something? [/b]

Jake G. brought his game to the PRO IT7 race at the ARRC. You won that one, right Jake? (I&#39;m still jealous of all the prize money you won for that race. Jerk.) I&#39;m not sure he put every thing out on the table for regular amateur races though. :lol:

lateapex911
01-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Ummm...my IT7 Pro IT win at the ARRcs was a peasant surprise. In the interest of complete honesty, I shouldn&#39;t let this get out of hand and I should come clean. I was pleased to just get back on the track, and have the car finish the race, as it was the first race for me and the car in over a year since it had its chassis bending wreck at WGI.

I did the race to get some lap time, as my "New and completely rebuilt" wheels leaked so much air I missed much of the test day getting things remounted, etc.

So, I started dead last of 66, and was having fun getting my racing feet wet again. I didn&#39;t REALLY win though....Freddy Klopper was the first IT7 across the line. But his car was DQ-ed in tech for a measurement violation. I felt awful, and offered to give him the trophy, but he was a gentleman and refused my repeated offers. I was lucky enough to be running faster laps than he, so my guilt was lessened just a bit.

Now, thats not to say I was the fast IT-7. Not by far...I never got the car properly corner weighted, I ignored the shocks, and I was running a bone stock carb, as my carb has been lost at Paul Yaws for a year now. (If anyone can get Paul to call me and ship it back I&#39;ll send you a reward...;) seriously...)

Not to mention my driving...which leaves room for improvement. If Russ Marshall hadn&#39;t been taken out on lap one, both Freddy and I would have been mere cars on the results sheet. He had the IT7 field more than covered..and I can think of guys who weren&#39;t there that would have given even him a run.

But, every dog has his day, and even the blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. I almost framed the winners check..;)

R2 Racing
01-29-2007, 02:28 PM
I know we don&#39;t have any fast ITA cars here in the Northeast, so the locals certainly have nothing to worry about in that class[/b]
The first step is admitting it. :eclipsee_steering:

dj10
01-29-2007, 03:24 PM
+3. I think alternating group "types" is always a good idea, for several reasons, not the least of which is mentioned above.

I&#39;d also consider the moving ot ITR to the ITS ITB group, as I think the cars will be small in number, and very close to ITS times, which will make them a bad mix with the TCC class.

But thats a subtle point, I&#39;m looking forward to the event, and the run groups look great.

Also, just as a point, thanks for keeping the IT.com crowd so well informed with your frequent posts, It should help the turnout immensely!
[/b]

Jake, I&#39;d hate to screw up the ITS class race, there might be some ITR&#39;s that will only run in with ITS cars, hopefully it won&#39;t be me, :D If there is a small number of us ITR&#39;s it might I&#39;d rather fight my way through and with the faster cars for now. It would be this way with all the ITR cars so no one will have any advantages. I hope this maks sense.?
Oh, add another 1 who thinks you need to split up the IT classes so we can watch some racing.

Dan

Andy Bettencourt
01-29-2007, 04:27 PM
The first step is admitting it. :eclipsee_steering: [/b]

http://www.boxinggame.com/tbgpros/2695607/big_ol_can_of_whoop_ass.jpg

gran racing
01-29-2007, 04:37 PM
:D

Greg Amy
01-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Aw, you guys, let him be! He&#39;s a nice guy, and he needs that 7 month "can of confidence boost". Let him enjoy his ethereal success...

You guys are so mean.

TAC
01-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Look at the aerial shot on post #89. To the left of the red square indicating the grass paddock is the track. Now if you look down to the lower left of the square you&#39;ll see the hairpin called the " keyhhole". There is a huge observation mound to watch the races from. The main entrance boulevard runs between the paddock and the track at this point. Another great vantage point is from the balconies above the garages in the lower paddock. The garages are visible as rectangular shaped buildings running parallel to the track along the pit straight. Very good view of the pits and pit straight from there.

Todd

R2 Racing
01-29-2007, 06:02 PM
:blink:

I&#39;m so out numbered in here, it isn&#39;t even funny. I need the Moser&#39;s in here to back me up! :P Too bad it looks like the GLDiv lost Colin, one of our best ITA weapons to other pastures, but I think we&#39;ll have a couple of other guys really on their horse this year.

Rabbit07
01-29-2007, 06:28 PM

I&#39;m so out numbered in here, it isn&#39;t even funny. I need the Moser&#39;s in here to back me up! :P Too bad it looks like the GLDiv lost Colin, one of our best ITA weapons to other pastures, but I think we&#39;ll have a couple of other guys really on their horse this year.
[/b]

Kevin,

You wrote what I was think&#39;n. :happy204:

Greg Amy
01-29-2007, 06:46 PM
I think we&#39;ll have a couple of other guys really on their horse this year.[/b]
:dead_horse:

Giddy-up!

R2 Racing
01-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by SportsCar
Group 4 ITA and IT-7 would prove to be one of the most interesting races of the weekend. Those who prowl the IT websites know the intesnsity the New England contingent brings to ITA - that area of the country proudly announces its dominance.
:o No, you don&#39;t say!

I haven&#39;t laughed that hard in a long time as when I saw that actually printed in a nationwide magazine! Legendary.

:OLA:

Andy Bettencourt
01-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Go easy Big Orange! We know you and Moser and Botha are the guys to beat. It&#39;s all about the home track. Lime Rock in the fall sound good? :)

Seriously, Greg has run there before and we all know he can compete. It&#39;s the rest of us that need to actually get some seat time to pretend to be respectable. Either way, it&#39;s is going to rock. I hope to be in a position to get there.

TAC
01-29-2007, 10:42 PM
The pictures looked nice too!

H5Civic
01-30-2007, 01:05 AM

[/b]

Don&#39;t worry, I&#39;m here for you brother! You know I&#39;ll be there in the new ITA CRX Si, hopefully right on your rear bumper, which is the norm for when we race together, at least until we hit lapped traffic, and then I get to watch you drive away from me.

Oh yeah, I also need to talk to you about a motor :happy204:

Regards,

Sam

RacerBill
01-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Look at the aerial shot on post #89... Todd
[/b]

Also, if the infield is open that weekend, check out the whole top of the track, from stations 7 to 11. Watching the runoffs, you don&#39;t get a real sense of the elevation changes there.

BTW - another vote for splitting the two IT groups!

R2 Racing
01-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Go easy Big Orange! We know you and Moser and Botha are the guys to beat. It&#39;s all about the home track. Lime Rock in the fall sound good? :)[/b]
Well, Botha is gone this year, but the Moser&#39;s for sure. Hopefully we&#39;ll also get Marhefka, Hopkins, Green, Myers, Reif, MacDonald, Downing, and Lunder all moving along quite well. Damn, looking at that list, I need to get out in the garage and work on the car! :lol:

I&#39;d like to do Lime Rock at some point, but damn that looks far! But I can&#39;t use that excuse anymore if you guys come here. It just sucks that they don&#39;t race on Sunday though. That adds an extra day I&#39;d have to take off of work in order to go.

I can&#39;t wait for this event - it&#39;s going to be fun as hell! Cincy Region, you guys better bring a lot of beer! :023:

edit - Oh yea, and "Stevens". Sorry Bill, didn&#39;t mean to leave you out. :P

Greg Amy
01-30-2007, 09:03 AM
It just sucks that they don&#39;t race on Sunday though. That adds an extra day I&#39;d have to take off of work in order to go.[/b]
Not true: you&#39;ll be driving home on Sunday instead of Monday.

Rabbit07
01-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Not true: you&#39;ll be driving home on Sunday instead of Monday.
[/b]

Yeah, but it is a long tow from the Midwest. Took me 14 hours from Detroit. It was worth every minute, I look forward to going back.

Racerlinn
01-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Well, Botha is gone this year, but the Moser&#39;s for sure. Hopefully we&#39;ll also get Marhefka, Hopkins, Green, Myers, Reif, MacDonald, Downing, and Lunder all moving along quite well. Damn, looking at that list, I need to get out in the garage and work on the car! :lol:
[/b]

I&#39;m gonna flick a booger on your hood when you lap me...
:018:

R2 Racing
01-30-2007, 04:00 PM
I&#39;m gonna flick a booger on your hood when you lap me...
:018:
[/b]
Hahaha! Where&#39;s the fat jokes now, funny man! :cavallo:

In unrelated news, at approximately 3:12pm EST today while standing outside, the temperature became just low enough, the wind blew just hard enough, the clouds were just dense enough, and the snow was falling just hard enough for me to be officially sick of winter. Yippie.

JamesB
01-30-2007, 04:02 PM
oh come on man, im sure there is something you have left to do to ONE of your cars.

TAC
01-30-2007, 04:27 PM
How many kegs do you want me to order?

Racerlinn
01-30-2007, 04:31 PM
How many kegs do you want me to order?
[/b]

For this evening or this August?
:birra:

Hahaha! Where&#39;s the fat jokes now, funny man! :cavallo:
[/b]

I&#39;m gonna flick one on your hood when you stick it in the wall again at T9 at ORP too.....

:eclipsee_steering:

downingracing
01-30-2007, 05:41 PM
And I&#39;m going to go off too and box you in so you can&#39;t come back thru the field and win AGAIN!!!!!!! :) Yea - Like I&#39;ll be able to keep it on the track! I&#39;m sure I&#39;ll put myself off just fine! Maybe then i can come back and pass Steve!!

R2 Racing
01-30-2007, 05:45 PM
How many kegs do you want me to order?[/b]
That depends on what kind the beer it is and how early ITA has to be on track the next morning. :birra:

I&#39;m gonna flick one on your hood when you stick it in the wall again at T9 at ORP too.....[/b]
I already said I wasn&#39;t going to do that again this year. :bash_1_: Although, well, it was kind of fun driving back up from DFL and still taking the win. Hmmm, I think about it.

TAC
01-30-2007, 06:35 PM
I meant August. Right now its Capt. Morgan/ Apple Cider weather.

Dave Burchfield
01-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Ummm.........

I&#39;ll walk on down to the bar(30 steps) and hoist a cool one for you all. The water temperature was down to 73 degrees today. Winter does get to be tiring at times.........

RacerBill
01-31-2007, 07:43 AM
I&#39;d like to do Lime Rock at some point, but damn that looks far! But I can&#39;t use that excuse anymore if you guys come here. It just sucks that they don&#39;t race on Sunday though. That adds an extra day I&#39;d have to take off of work in order to go.

[/b]

Kevin: When I get my car into decent shape, I&#39;ll make the trip with you up to LRP. I worked my first race up there back in &#39;66, and one of my racing goals is to run up there at least once. By the way, for that trip I rode up from New York City in a Renault R8 Gordini, full race C or D Sedan (belts, harness, cage).

gran racing
01-31-2007, 07:57 AM
If you&#39;re thinking about coming to Lime Rock, why not plan on the NARRC (North Atlantic Road Racing Championships)?

...sitting and waiting to hear excuses from everyone...

Andy Bettencourt
01-31-2007, 08:41 AM
There are a few things that have to happen for Ruck to make the trio to the NARRC Championship event at Lime Rock Sept 29-30...

1. He will have to win the IT Festival
2. He will have to keep the shiney side of Big Orange UP.
3. Greg will have to get up in his business

Do it!

downingracing
01-31-2007, 10:51 AM
There are a few things that have to happen for Ruck to make the trio to the NARRC Championship event at Lime Rock Sept 29-30...

Do it!
[/b]

:o

RacerBill
01-31-2007, 11:57 AM
If you&#39;re thinking about coming to Lime Rock, why not plan on the NARRC (North Atlantic Road Racing Championships)?

...sitting and waiting to hear excuses from everyone...
[/b]

Got to get all the bugs out of the car. First year - transmission linkage, second year - fuel system, then clutch.

Once I get a dependable car, then I&#39;ll will make the trip, with or without Kevin!

R2 Racing
01-31-2007, 12:52 PM

Do it!
[/b]
<_<

The only one I can&#39;t be too sure of is #2. #1 & #3 are pretty much givens. :birra:

Andy Bettencourt
01-31-2007, 02:01 PM
<_<

The only one I can&#39;t be too sure of is #2. #1 & #3 are pretty much givens. :birra: [/b]

See, that is some good smack!!!

greendot
01-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Lost count, but add another vote to separate the IT groups.

Greg Amy
01-31-2007, 05:24 PM
#1...[is]pretty much given...[/b]
That&#39;s about what it&#39;s gonna take, too...

:smilie_pokal:

TAC
01-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Raymond and Stephen,

Elliot B., Cincinnati ITB Audi driver is smiling from ear to ear.

Todd

RSTPerformance
01-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Raymond and Stephen,

Elliot B., Cincinnati ITB Audi driver is smiling from ear to ear.

Todd
[/b]

Todd-

We have had a few additional (not yet mentioned online) life changing experiences over the last 30days... All GREAT things, but certainly it has put racing funds on a tighter budget. With that though, THIS race is the one race we want to do the most, and some how some way we are going to figure out how to go!!! On a positive note we have another 7 months to get the cars ready!!!

It looks like it is going to be a great deal, and a great event.

Raymond

JLawton
02-01-2007, 06:44 AM
Todd-

We have had a few additional (not yet mentioned online) life changing experiences over the last 30days... All GREAT things, [/b]

When is she due??
;)

gran racing
02-01-2007, 07:32 AM
That is what I was going to ask. Or how big is the ring? :D

TAC
02-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Wedding/ baby shower at the Saturday night party?

lateapex911
02-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Todd-

We have had a few additional (not yet mentioned online) life changing experiences over the last 30days...

Raymond [/b]

Or is it that he&#39;s going to living "off the state" for a few months?? ;) (Good for the budget, saves rent, food and entertainment money, LOL)

RSTPerformance
02-01-2007, 12:23 PM
No babies that we know of... and no "free rent" jake lol

Raymond

RacerBill
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Does it have anything to do with the recent ski trip????

Every time I see an add for a sports store and skis, and boots, I get a vague longing to get out on the slopes one last time (might be the last time at anything!!!!!).

lateapex911
02-01-2007, 02:03 PM
No babies that we know of...

Raymond [/b]

fixed that for you.............

;) ;)

TAC
02-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi gang,

A question. Do we hand out the Saturday race awards at the Party Saturday night? Would this entice more drivers to stick around for the party?

Todd

R2 Racing
02-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi gang,

A question. Do we hand out the Saturday race awards at the Party Saturday night? Would this entice more drivers to stick around for the party?

Todd
[/b]
Yes, I think it would. Plus the nights are usually pretty nice that time of the year. Good drinking weather.

RSTPerformance
02-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Todd-

Yes!!!

Racerlinn
02-02-2007, 09:45 AM
With the limited number of classes, I think that would be a great idea. Adds to the eating and beer drinking going on down in the Honda pavilion.

R2 Racing
02-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Here&#39;s some average weather information for Mansfield, OH during the August dates in question:
(date, sunrise time, sunset time, high, low, mean, record high, record low)
9 6:34 AM 8:36 PM 81°F 60°F 70°F 99°F (1934) 44°F (1945)
10 6:35 AM 8:35 PM 81°F 60°F 70°F 95°F (1944) 45°F (1927)
11 6:36 AM 8:34 PM 81°F 60°F 70°F 94°F (1944) 46°F (1967)
12 6:37 AM 8:32 PM 80°F 60°F 70°F 92°F (1936) 39°F (1946)
13 6:38 AM 8:31 PM 80°F 60°F 70°F 98°F (1936) 41°F (1957)

TAC
02-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I assume we will need a sound system & microphone for driver introductions at the party?

Racerlinn
02-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I assume we will need a sound system & microphone for driver introductions at the party?
[/b]
Nah, just get someone loud. The pavilion&#39;s not that huge.

R2 Racing
02-03-2007, 12:58 AM
[/b]
Yes, preferrably with an awesome light show and confetti! Oh, and a fog machine! A fog machine would kick ass! :026:

TAC
02-05-2007, 04:33 PM
To all,

Do you think it would be beneficial to have a Track Walk on Friday night for the new people? Have experienced I.T. , SM, SRF, TCC drivers give tours of the track for their perspective classes.

Let me know what you think,

Todd

dj10
02-05-2007, 05:20 PM
To all,

Do you think it would be beneficial to have a Track Walk on Friday night for the new people? Have experienced I.T. , SM, SRF, TCC drivers give tours of the track for their perspective classes.

Let me know what you think,

Todd

[/b]

What about a track walk and SLOW rides around the track?

gran racing
02-05-2007, 05:24 PM
The track walk is a cool idea, if it could be done in pretty small groups of people.

The slow rides around the track...Summit Point does a "hay ride" at their Labor Day event. Not only is it great for the racers to see the track and get some neat history about it, it also provides an opportunity for crew to see what it looks like from the pavement.

TAC
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Slow rides around the track is probably a no go. Small groups would be the plan.

Todd

R2 Racing
02-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I have never, ever seen anyone allowed to take any type of vehicle out on Mid Ohio after hours (after cars are off track for the day, I mean). Maybe a bicycle once or twice, but even they get yelled at usually by the Mid-Ohio Security Nazi&#39;s. Pretty much at any event though you can go out and walk the track if you want when the on track activities are done. Just hop the fence wherever and walk it. It&#39;s about a 4-6 beer walk, btw, depending on your alcohol dependency and how hot it is. Just an FYI though, most likely the Mid-Ohio Security Nazi mobile (red &#39;93 Civic EX coupe) will be out slowly driving around the track all night. If it&#39;s still light out, he won&#39;t care if you&#39;re walking the track. Once it starts getting dark though, say at about 8:45 or so, he&#39;ll start telling you to wrap it up and get off the track.

I&#39;d be happy to offer personal track walks for $50 a head. :P

Greg Amy
02-06-2007, 06:56 AM
I&#39;d be happy to offer personal track walks for $50 a head. :P[/b]
Dude, I&#39;ll let you do it for free; no reason to pay me. That way you can brag to your friends that you showed me how to win the race.

We&#39;ll set a time to go once I get there. PM me your cell number. - Greg

RacerBill
02-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Todd: What&#39;s the chance of getting those shuttle trams that the track uses at pro events. That way we can walk through the corners, but ride along the long straights.

R2 Racing
02-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Dude, I&#39;ll let you do it for free; no reason to pay me. That way you can brag to your friends that you showed me how to win the race.

We&#39;ll set a time to go once I get there. PM me your cell number. - Greg
[/b]
:o Really?! Greg, you&#39;re such a great friend!

:bash_1_:

Being that&#39;s it&#39;s about -4 outside right now, this event seems waaaaaay too far away. :(

Rabbit07
02-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Being that&#39;s it&#39;s about -4 outside right now, this event seems waaaaaay too far away. :(
[/b]

Kevin,

It&#39;s warm by you, it&#39;s-6 here. :snow_cool:

Andy Bettencourt
02-06-2007, 09:11 AM
That way you can brag to your friends that you showed me how to win the race.
[/b]

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/cars/owen_wilson/cars2.jpg

I love it!

Racerlinn
02-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I&#39;d be happy to offer personal track stumbles for $50 a head. :P
[/b]

Fixed that for you....

And if you want to go really fast, offer him a jelly donut.

Greg Amy
02-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Greg, you&#39;re such a great friend![/b]

Hey man, anything for you. "Friends Forever!" XOXOXO

Besides, I&#39;m kinda feeling bad about that ass whoopin&#39; you got at the last race...

On edit, for Andy: I...AM...SPEED! Ka-cha!

dj10
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
[/b]

I think you two need to get a room! B)

greendot
02-06-2007, 11:08 AM
I think you two need to get a room! B)
[/b]

:023: And I was thinking that I wanted to meet some of you, put faces with names. :unsure:

R2 Racing
02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/cars/owen_wilson/cars2.jpg

I love it![/b]
:D Wow, that&#39;s too perfect to put into words! He&#39;s even red!

And if you want to go really fast, offer him a jelly donut.[/b]
If I could ban you from this site, I would. ORP in May, lots of this :018:

Besides, I&#39;m kinda feeling bad about that ass whoopin&#39; you got at the last race...
On edit, for Andy: I...AM...SPEED! Ka-cha![/b]
Oh, oh, that&#39;s low! I really should start working out my face muscles now because after Sundays race, I don&#39;t want to be sore from all the grinning I&#39;ll be doing. You know, on the east side of Columbus is a very nice, NHRA-ran drag raceway. You might just want to stop there instead where your cars talents can be better showcased. ;)

dj10
02-06-2007, 12:17 PM
:023: And I was thinking that I wanted to meet some of you, put faces with names. :unsure:
[/b]

I&#39;m looking forward to doing this also. I missed meeting Greg Amy last year @ Watkins Glen but hopefully I can meet some of you guys and or gals whom I shared views with. You can&#39;t always get to know people by typing to them.

Greg Amy
02-06-2007, 12:19 PM
...after Sundays race, I don&#39;t want to be sore from all the grinning I&#39;ll be doing.[/b]
Funny, I know exactly what you mean...!

http://www.kakashiracing.com/images/arrc2006/DG0482b_small.JPG (http://www.kakashiracing.com/reports/2006arrc.html)

clickey-clickey...and it&#39;s only just getting started... ;)

Racerlinn
02-06-2007, 12:40 PM
If I could ban you from this site, I would. ORP in May, lots of this :018:
[/b]

http://www.stumptuous.com/homer.gif

TAC
02-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Bill,

I&#39;ll check into the shuttles. You get more exercise and the kids find more car parts walking though.

R2 Racing
02-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Funny, I know exactly what you mean...!

http://www.kakashiracing.com/images/arrc2006/DG0482b_small.JPG (http://www.kakashiracing.com/reports/2006arrc.html)

clickey-clickey...and it&#39;s only just getting started... ;)
[/b]
No, you can barely see a grin on my face in that picture, so it won&#39;t be anything like that. Funny, you think I would&#39;ve been grinning more having just set the fastest race lap, with like half the power. Damn my legal engine! ;)

me---> :dead_horse: <---fastest race lap

:rolleyes:

Greg Amy
02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
...you can barely see a grin on my face in that picture....[/b]
&#39;Tweren&#39;t your grin I was referring to, Chief...;)

...having just set the fastest race lap, with like half the power.[/b]
Ah good point! So....what does "The Fastest Race Lap" trophy look like...?

Damn my legal engine![/b]
Know whatcha mean, bud. Know whatcha mean...

"Keep digging!"

Greg Amy
02-06-2007, 08:50 PM
[attachmentid=807][/b]
Fixed that for you....

It&#39;s becoming obvious that I&#39;m going to need to arrive a day or two early and challenge this young whipper-snapper to a drinking duel (didn&#39;t you ever see that movie about "youth and beauty" versus "old age and treachery"???)

However, none of this $12-per-keg jazz that you&#39;re used to...it&#39;s gotta be single-malt Scotch or - at worst - high end lagers...

Ah, August in Ohio...so...Ohio-like...

Eagle7
02-06-2007, 09:00 PM
It&#39;s warm by you, it&#39;s-6 here. :snow_cool:
[/b]

-10 the last two nights. :(

dropkick317
02-06-2007, 10:01 PM
It&#39;s becoming obvious that I&#39;m going to need to arrive a day or two early and challenge this young whipper-snapper to a drinking duel (didn&#39;t you ever see that movie about "youth and beauty" versus "old age and treachery"???)

However, none of this $12-per-keg jazz that you&#39;re used to...it&#39;s gotta be single-malt Scotch or - at worst - high end lagers...

[/b]

If you bring the single-malts I&#39;ll be more then happy to sit in for Kevin. If it&#39;s beer, I think he can take you.

TAC
02-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey Kevin the snow you ordered just showed up in Cincinnati.

R2 Racing
02-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Ah good point! So....what does "The Fastest Race Lap" trophy look like...?[/b]
Kind of like a dead horse, complete with me beating it with a stick. It doesn&#39;t fit well on the mantle, and is starting to smell a bit. It pats me on the back though and tells me I&#39;m special.

However, none of this $12-per-keg jazz that you&#39;re used to...it&#39;s gotta be single-malt Scotch or - at worst - high end lagers...[/b]
First of all, I have MUCH more hair than Homer! Something you guys would know nothing about.

Second, you want me to accept a duel that you chose the terms of? Never! Single-malt Scotch or high end lagers? Geez, are we drinking or having a tea party! Really, I don&#39;t do liquors and although I LOVE fine beers, they don&#39;t belong in my duels. So Budweiser it is, and LOTS of it. You&#39;re in my world now, Greg! Trust me, you don&#39;t want to do this. I&#39;m twice the size of you and probably about 30 years younger. Bring your aspirin, pops, because unlike your Daddy use to say, this actually is going to hurt you more than it hurts me. Oh yea, and I&#39;m faster when I&#39;m hungover. :P :birra:

Hey, my snow arrived! Sweet! :snow_cool:

Greg Amy
02-07-2007, 07:00 AM
If you bring the single-malts I&#39;ll be more then happy to sit in for Kevin. If it&#39;s beer, I think he can take you.
[/b]
You&#39;re absolutely right: I just don&#39;t have "the bulk" for that kinda fraternity duel; we&#39;ll leave the Budweiser to the yung-uns.

So Budweiser it is, and LOTS of it.[/b]
What a waste of good water! Don&#39;t get me wrong; Bud&#39;s a great American company making some pretty decent German-style lager, but I&#39;m long past polluting my body with the cheap stuff. If I&#39;m going to feel like hell 12 hours later, I&#39;m doing it in style.

So, for us adults, Scotch it is; bring your favorite. For you, Kevin, I&#39;m buying all the beer, pizza, chips, etc you want, and I&#39;ll be right there calling out "Go Kevin! Go Kevin! Here&#39;s to Kevin, he&#39;s a damn fine guy! Here&#39;s to Kevin, he&#39;s a damn fine guy!"

RacerBill
02-07-2007, 07:22 AM
"Well from that day to this I have wandered alone
I&#39;m a jack of all trades and a master of none,
With the sky for me roof and the earth for me floor,
And I&#39;ll dance out my days drinking whiskey galore,

Singing ban-ya-na mo if an-ga-na
And the juice of the barley for me."
Juice Of The Barley
Liam Clancy

All the guys with the single malt, stand away from the fire!

Are we having fun yet?

Andy Bettencourt
02-07-2007, 07:24 AM
"Well from that day to this I have wandered alone
I&#39;m a jack of all trades and a master of none,
With the sky for me roof and the earth for me floor,
And I&#39;ll dance out my days drinking whiskey galore,

Singing ban-ya-na mo if an-ga-na
And the juice of the barley for me."
[/b]

Is this the "Fastest Race Lap" member song? :P

R2 Racing
02-07-2007, 08:17 AM
What a waste of good water! Don&#39;t get me wrong; Bud&#39;s a great American company making some pretty decent German-style lager, but I&#39;m long past polluting my body with the cheap stuff.[/b]
Yup, in many ways, it&#39;s like sex in a canoe. (Think about it. ;) )

So, for us adults, Scotch it is; bring your favorite. For you, Kevin, I&#39;m buying all the beer, pizza, chips, etc you want, and I&#39;ll be right there calling out "Go Kevin! Go Kevin! Here&#39;s to Kevin, he&#39;s a damn fine guy! Here&#39;s to Kevin, he&#39;s a damn fine guy!"[/b]
No, no, that won&#39;t be necessary. I just need a camp fire, some chairs, and I&#39;ll bring my own assortment of frosty beverages. Nope, no Scotch for me, but a 12 pack sampler of Samuel Adams or Great Lakes sounds pretty good right now. Is it five yet?

Racerlinn
02-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Todd, I can recommend a good security company that uses only the best high-grade horse tranquilizers.
They did a good job dealing with the Ruck clan last year at ORP....
(we need a "poking the bear with a stick" emoticon)

R2 Racing
02-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Todd, I can recommend a good security company that uses only the best high-grade horse tranquilizers.
They did a good job dealing with the Ruck clan last year at ORP....
(we need a "poking the bear with a stick" emoticon)
[/b]
Wait.......what did I do? That was just Ian and I there last year, wasn&#39;t it? I can&#39;t say I recall getting very non-sober that weekend. Now at the 2004 event, when they had the roundy-round racing Saturday night, yea, I was drunk that night! :birra:

lateapex911
02-07-2007, 10:21 AM
.....p, with like half the power. Damn my legal engine! ;)

:rolleyes: [/b]
Somebody fill me in on this legal engine comment...it implies a non legal engine on the podium...a reference to a questionable cold air inlet ?

Sorry for the off topic, back to your good natured trash talking....6 months, 1 week and 70 degrees to go!

Racerlinn
02-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Somebody fill me in on this legal engine comment...it implies a non legal engine on the podium...a reference to a questionable cold air inlet ?

Sorry for the off topic, back to your good natured trash talking....6 months, 1 week and 70 degrees to go!
[/b]

I think it drives Kevin a little nuts that my car with a 150k original bone stock SR20 motor (with mis-matched valve shims) runs as fast in a straight line as his car. Greg&#39;s built SR20 pulls away! :eclipsee_steering:

Reference Greg&#39;s signature quote about torque....

CaptJon
02-07-2007, 11:23 AM
....6 months, 1 week and 70 degrees to go!
[/b]

Ummmm we are talking about OHIO in August............ try anywhere from 80 to 100 degrees to go

R2 Racing
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Somebody fill me in on this legal engine comment...it implies a non legal engine on the podium...a reference to a questionable cold air inlet ?[/b]
I was referring to Greg&#39;s impound "scare" concerning his engine and also how that damn thing kills us Honda&#39;s in a straight line. But it was all found legal, the puzzling numbers were realized as to why they sounded puzzling, I know that, we&#39;ve all talked about it several times before, and I&#39;m joking around.

This is why trash talking on the internet largely doesn&#39;t work.

lateapex911
02-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Ah, gotcha....sorry, I had heard "rumours" about something else not on either of your cars. I know of Gregs "math moment" and knew all was well there.

Carry on, sorry to interupt.

Joe Moser
02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
[EDIT] On second thought, this thread is too good to ruin by being serious... Kevin and Greg, you&#39;ll see me (i.e. the back of my Mid-O lap record holding car) at this one! Greg, are you planning on running the NARRC race at the Glen? We&#39;re trying to schedule it in...

Jake, if you&#39;ve got something to talk to us about, you can find both us and our cars at this race...

dj10
02-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I was referring to Greg&#39;s impound "scare" concerning his engine and also how that damn thing kills us Honda&#39;s in a straight line. But it was all found legal, the puzzling numbers were realized as to why they sounded puzzling, I know that, we&#39;ve all talked about it several times before, and I&#39;m joking around.

This is why trash talking on the internet largely doesn&#39;t work. [/b]

With all the shit I&#39;ve seen typed in this forum, I don&#39;t care what I&#39;m doing that weekend.........I&#39;m definately watching the ITA race! :D

R2 Racing
02-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Kevin and Greg, you&#39;ll see me (i.e. the back of my Mid-O lap record holding car) at this one! Greg, are you planning on running the NARRC race at the Glen? We&#39;re trying to schedule it in...[/b]
Hey, I better be seeing you much sooner than that! Hopefully in the rearview... :cavallo:

I&#39;m eyeing that event at The Glen pretty hard too. I think the Integra would likey very much.

zenbutcher
02-07-2007, 05:02 PM
What is the lap record for ITA at M-O?? This season will be my first in ITA, and I&#39;m definitely planning on this weekend. It seems the times are similar to what we were doing in G Prod.

Peter Baumgartner
ITA Fiero

lateapex911
02-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Joe, no veiled comments....

At the ARRCs, I heard some rumours about improper cold air ducting on the top cars...and in further discussions I recall those comments as being dismissed as a misunderstanding of what is allowed and whats not allowed. I was merely curious if thats what Kevin was referring to, and wasn&#39;t implying any wrong doing.

I know your cars have been looked over by lots of eyes, and have no doubt about your legality. As a matter of fact, I am long time friends with your engine builder, and have high regard for his product and integrity. I would be seriously disappointed and shocked to find anything improper coming from his shop.

Sorry if you read my comments as accusatory.

TAC
02-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Peter,

I&#39;m not sure of the ITA lap record at Mid-O. I can tell you that at the OVR National in 2006 Andy Deatherage won GP with a Suzuki Swift GT with an average lap time of 1.44.326
In the Autumn Classic Joe Moser won Saturday with an average 1:43.828. Mark Hopkins won Sunday with an average 1:45.593. Both were driving Honda CRX&#39;s.

Hope this helps,

Todd

P.S. glad to hear your planning on coming. It should be fun!

gran racing
02-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Do you know what the ITB record is? B)

Andy Bettencourt
02-07-2007, 07:30 PM
[EDIT] On second thought, this thread is too good to ruin by being serious... Kevin and Greg, you&#39;ll see me (i.e. the back of my Mid-O lap record holding car) at this one! [/b]

Now we are getting some where!!! Tell these wann-bes you are the man!

R2 Racing
02-07-2007, 08:38 PM
ITA - Joe Moser - Honda CRX Si - August 31, 2005 - 1:43.388
ITB - Scott Hileman - VW GTI - October 8, 2006 - 1:47.777
ITC - Devin Box - Honda Civic - October 8, 2006 - 1:48.503
ITS - Dan Jones - BMW 325 - October 8, 2006 - 1:43.327

Can you now see why I didn&#39;t want ITS and ITA to run in the same group at Mid Ohio? Also, as you can probably imagine, we had great weather October 8, 2006. I even ran a 1:43.309 in that mornings qualifying. I know, not an official track record, but I just wanted to remind Joey. :P

Those are all some pretty tough times, but I could see a couple of them falling if we get blessed with nice weather at the IT Festival. Except for maybe Devin&#39;s ITC record; that&#39;s just an absolutely insane time for an ITC car!

Greg Amy
02-07-2007, 09:49 PM
[EDIT] On second thought, this thread is too good to ruin by being serious... [/b]
There we go, now the whole gang&#39;s here! This, folks, is gonna be a barn burner!

Joe, which race at the Glen do you mean? I really haven&#39;t thought much past March right now...post some dates and I&#39;ll see about making some commitments...I *really* want to snag that short course record from you-know-who...

StephenB
02-07-2007, 11:26 PM

Can you now see why I didn&#39;t want ITS and ITA to run in the same group at Mid Ohio? Also, as you can probably imagine, we had great weather October 8, 2006. I even ran a 1:43.309 in that mornings qualifying. I know, not an official track record, but I just wanted to remind Joey. :P

Those are all some pretty tough times, but I could see a couple of them falling if we get blessed with nice weather at the IT Festival. Except for maybe Devin&#39;s ITC record; that&#39;s just an absolutely insane time for an ITC car!
[/b]

I&#39;m hoping for some nice weather as well! I would love to have the opportunity to race in the dry and snatch another track record! I can&#39;t wait to try and beat up on Dave and definetly Tim M. since he snatched that championship away 1 lap from the end! Whe else is going in ITB? I am betting on an entire NE podium in ITB! any other regions going to challenge us!

Stephen

R2 Racing
02-08-2007, 07:05 AM
Stephen, both Scott Hileman and Chris Wilke are tough at Mid Ohio. You may remember Chris from the ARRC as he&#39;s made some runs there, including getting his old VW totalled on the start of the &#39;04 (I think) race from the front row. That&#39;s ok though, his new one is faster and better looking. :D I know that you guys have some great ITB cars over there, but I imagine there will be a GLDiv car or two mixed in there with you.

Oh yea, and I&#39;ve also decided that your username is too long. Please advise. :P

Joe Moser
02-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Hey, I better be seeing you much sooner than that! Hopefully in the rearview... :cavallo:

I&#39;m eyeing that event at The Glen pretty hard too. I think the Integra would likey very much.
[/b]

You&#39;ll see us before that! You have your race schedule together yet? I&#39;m going to be in Japan and Arizona most of the Spring, but I&#39;ve been thinking about these races:

04/21-04/22: NASA Race at Mid-Ohio

04/28-04/29: MARRS Race at Summit Point (If we can find some way to get the cars there!)

05/26-05/27: SCCA Race at Grattan

06/02-06/03: SCCA Race at Mid-Ohio

07/14-07/15: NASA Race at Mid-Ohio

07/28-07/29: SCCA Race at Watkins Glen

08/10-08/12: IT Championships at Mid-Ohio

08/18-08/19: NASA Championships at Mid-Ohio

Greg, see above, the Watkins Glen race at the end of July... Do all of you NE guys go to that one? I&#39;d hate to beat you all at one of your "home" tracks :) I&#39;m very excited to see how Andy&#39;s Miata and Greg&#39;s NX will do at Mid-Ohio!!! My dad also wanted to let you guys know you&#39;ll all be racing for 3rd, not 2nd :)

dj10
02-08-2007, 08:51 AM

Those are all some pretty tough times, but I could see a couple of them falling if we get blessed with nice weather at the IT Festival. Except for maybe Devin&#39;s ITC record; that&#39;s just an absolutely insane time for an ITC car! [/b]

Kevin,

I agree with you 100% on this. This was my 1st time @ Mid O since they repaved the track and cut down the curbing. I was pissed at myself for not going faster after I analyzed my driving and the track. No matter what, the classes are just to close to each others times and would definately cause some kind of conflict. I think the ITA race will be one for the books, the last thing you need is another class screwing up your race.

Dan

R2 Racing
02-08-2007, 08:55 AM
You&#39;ll see us before that! You have your race schedule together yet?[/b]
Yes, I have a good idea. I&#39;ll see you at the Grattan Memorial Day weekend event, because I just love the beatings I receive from the CRX&#39;s there. You won&#39;t be seeing me at any of the NASA events, but I&#39;ll still be rooting for you. I&#39;d love to see another GLDiv IT racer step up and beat them all at their own game again. I briefly thought about that Summit race in April, but it&#39;s a "doubtful".

Greg, see above, the Watkins Glen race at the end of July... Do all of you NE guys go to that one? I&#39;d hate to beat you all at one of your "home" tracks :)

My dad also wanted to let you guys know you&#39;ll all be racing for 3rd, not 2nd :)
[/b]
Oh, this is nice. Support. I might just take today off. :D

StephenB
02-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Stephen, both Scott Hileman and Chris Wilke are tough at Mid Ohio. You may remember Chris from the ARRC as he&#39;s made some runs there, including getting his old VW totalled on the start of the &#39;04 (I think) race from the front row. That&#39;s ok though, his new one is faster and better looking. :D I know that you guys have some great ITB cars over there, but I imagine there will be a GLDiv car or two mixed in there with you.

Oh yea, and I&#39;ve also decided that your username is too long. Please advise. :P
[/b]

Ya I agree on it being to long... Maybe I will have to create another username :) I got rid of my picture thing in my sig. because I couldn&#39;t figure out how to make it smaller and it took up half a page!

Ya I expect the local region to be tough and I really hope that some people from other regions come as well. I haven&#39;t seen many people from ITB chiming in so I&#39;m trying to throw some fire to get others to chirp up! I hope to do well but since that will most likely be my first race of the season I don&#39;t expect to be super duper fast! (And I have never been there before) I am certainly going to try and with all the track time tht they have planned I would expect to be pretty fast (not super fast) by the end of the weekend if the car is running fine. I know I should do a test and tune before but it&#39;s not in the plans. I am definetly going to watch so I figure a few hundred extra to race isn&#39;t a big deal! I can&#39;t wait! When are we starting the planning on the caravan to MO, It&#39;s time to put in Vacation time already!

Stephen

Greg Amy
02-08-2007, 10:45 AM
...the Watkins Glen race at the end of July... Do all of you NE guys go to that one?[/b]
I went last summer and dropped in a new UNBEATABLE lap record on the long course (I&#39;m not even sure *I* can do it again!) so the gauntlet has been tossed; I won&#39;t decide about this year until later.

I&#39;d hate to beat you all at one of your "home" tracks :)[/b]
See, that the best part: when we go to Mid-Ohio, you&#39;re EXPECTED to do well. If one of us loses, well too bad, right, &#39;home track advantage&#39; and all that?

However, when we show up from out of town and kick your collective butts, it&#39;s gonna be something you&#39;ll have to face the home crowd with for a whole &#39;nother year...! And I don&#39;t wanna hear no whinin&#39; and complainin&#39; and excuses, &#39;K?

gran racing
02-08-2007, 12:05 PM
I haven&#39;t seen many people from ITB chiming in so I&#39;m trying to throw some fire to get others to chirp up! [/b]

I guess we&#39;re just not as experienced at trash talking as others. Maybe a special new thread titled "Greg and Kevin&#39;s trash talk" would be a good place for us to learn. Here, I&#39;ll give it a shot. Stephen, I betcha I&#39;ll kick you&#39;re butt in the PDX event!! :unsure: LOL

lateapex911
02-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Hey, just for giggles, whats the IT7 scene like there? Who&#39;s the guy to follow to show me the fast way around?

Rabbit07
02-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Hey, just for giggles, whats the IT7 scene like there? Who&#39;s the guy to follow to show me the fast way around?
[/b]

Rich Miller used to be one of the ones to beat, but he sold his car last year. I saw some 7&#39;s at Mid-O last year running 46&#39;s if memory serves.

lateapex911
02-08-2007, 02:47 PM
That sounds pretty respectable...I&#39;ll have to have my best effort to be anywhere near the hunt....I look forward to learning a new track

dj10
02-08-2007, 03:12 PM
That sounds pretty respectable...I&#39;ll have to have my best effort to be anywhere near the hunt....I look forward to learning a new track [/b]

Jake, it&#39;s really a shame we can&#39;t take people around in our street cars, I can show you a lot better & quicker than I can tell you. I wouldn&#39;t mind taking my M3 around Mid O @ about 5 or 6 th&#39;s. :) I&#39;m sure everyone will be more than helpful and like others, my office door will be always open.

Andy Bettencourt
02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
We have a charity event up here every year and at the end of the first track day, they let street cars out for slightly-faster-than parade laps. No passing, just a view of the track.

If MO wanted to step up, they could donate the proceeds from say, $10 a car-load per lap to a local charity?

Think outside the box!

TAC
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
O.K. everybody here we go... your information Headquarters for the I.T. /SPEC-tacular is at
http://www.cincyscca.com Check it out and let me know what you think.

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Race Chair SCCA

RacerBill
02-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Todd: Any way we can break up ITA and ITB? Maybe like this:

Race Group 1 ITA, IT7, ITC

Race Group 2 Spec Miata (zoom zoom)

Race Group 3 ITS, ITB

Race Group 4 Spec Racer Ford

Race Group 5 ITE, ITR, TCC

Groups all still have the same classes, but slightly different run order.

BTW, I don&#39;t like running in group 1, but I &#39;m not asking you to change that!

greendot
02-09-2007, 07:29 AM
There were quite a few of us that requested this earlier. Still hope for it too.

Racerlinn
02-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Sunday August 12th
8:00 A.M. All race groups (17 lap Qualifying Race or 30 minutes which ever comes first)

oof. :wacko:
I am officially backing out of the Ruck vs. Amy drinking games on Saturday evening.
I may have to find some place better to sleep than a tent...

R2 Racing
02-09-2007, 08:25 AM
There were quite a few of us that requested this earlier. Still hope for it too.
[/b]
Yes, many of us would like to see that done. I understand the need to get the IT cars off the track and into the tech shed ASAP, but I personally would be willing to delay it an hour in order to get to watch both the ITA/ITC run group and the ITS/ITB rungroup.

Sunday August 12th
8:00 A.M. All race groups (17 lap Qualifying Race or 30 minutes which ever comes first)
oof. :wacko:
I am officially backing out of the Ruck vs. Amy drinking games on Saturday evening.
[/b]
You would, wussy.

StephenB
02-09-2007, 09:14 AM
I think the only race you may miss is the Sunday AM qualifying race ( and the Saturday AM qualifying) since it appears they scheduled race group 1 before lunch. This may be how they "listened" to us in the planning process so we could all watch eachother run.

Dave, do you know if we can all run in the PDX event? How does that work. I wonder if we do race if we just get kicked out of that day or the weekend :) JK!! I have some pre-paved incar video of Mid-ohio do you ahve access to any post paving? maybe we can set up a dinner and "training night" and get Tim Mullen over as well. between Tim, you, Raymond and myself one of us has to get on that podium!

Stephen

iagreen
02-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Wait.......what did I do? That was just Ian and I there last year, wasn&#39;t it? I can&#39;t say I recall getting very non-sober that weekend. [/b]

I only remember making margaritas and Downing passing out. Now he was the drunk one. Something about taking the day off to go to the track and getting there and just drinking instead of ever unloading the car.

RacerBill
02-09-2007, 09:34 AM
I think the only race you may miss is the Sunday AM qualifying race ( and the Saturday AM qualifying) since it appears they scheduled race group 1 before lunch. This may be how they "listened" to us in the planning process so we could all watch each other run...

Stephen
[/b]

Stephen: Running Race Group 1&#39;s race before lunch is kind of the standard format for regionals at Mid-Ohio.

TAC
02-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi guys,

I hoped that putting lunch between Race Group 1 and Race Group 2 would solve part of the problem without catching a Veto from the Chief Steward or Chief of Tech. Its a fine line I sometimes tread. The more time that Tech has to do their job the better job they will do.

Plus stressed tech people are grumpy people.

Todd

gran racing
02-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I have some pre-paved incar video of Mid-ohio do you ahve access to any post paving? maybe we can set up a dinner and "training night" and get Tim Mullen over as well.[/b]

In the IT Festival section on this forum, there&#39;s a thread with some videos. One of them has a video from the NASA Championships which is the one I liked the most. A training night sounds like fun!

downingracing
02-09-2007, 10:10 AM
I only remember making margaritas and Downing passing out. Now he was the drunk one. Something about taking the day off to go to the track and getting there and just drinking instead of ever unloading the car.
[/b]

Hold on a minute there! The car DID make it out of the trailer on Friday! (I think) And I did learn not to sit on the roof of the motorhome (in the blistering heat) and drink all day. The alcohol and sun made me a little uncomfortable... And the margarita from you and Kevin was just what I needed to put me over the top! (looking forward to doing that again this year!) :OLA:

R2 Racing
02-09-2007, 10:38 AM
[/b]

Hold on a minute there! The car DID make it out of the trailer on Friday! (I think) And I did learn not to sit on the roof of the motorhome (in the blistering heat) and drink all day. The alcohol and sun made me a little uncomfortable... And the margarita from you and Kevin was just what I needed to put me over the top! (looking forward to doing that again this year!) :OLA:
[/b]
Hahahaha - I forgot all about that! Yea, killer margaritas that night because it was so nice out. That was fun! Seriously, is it May yet? Stupid winter....

Todd - Sorry, I didn&#39;t realize that lunch was put inbetween Groups 1 & 2. In an effort to get cars into (and hopefully out of) tech ASAP and keep the tech people nice and happy, I think that will work out fine. :023:

I had a sad realiziation the other day. Technically, we&#39;re still getting farther away from the event than closer to it. Six months, one day until the PDX. Tomorrow starts the countdown.

Racerlinn
02-09-2007, 10:46 AM
You would, wussy.
[/b]

I&#39;ll be more than happy to help feed you booze late into the evening. :birra:
And then roll you into Downing&#39;s inferno campfire.

JLawton
02-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Maybe a special new thread titled "Greg and Kevin&#39;s trash talk" .
[/b]

Maybe they should have their own run group!!! I&#39;d love to watch them bang the sh*t out of each other!! :D That&#39;s what sucks about running in ITA, you miss watching the best race!!!

I&#39;m going for the "Fastest American Made IT car" record to go along with the "Fastest American Made IT Car" championship!!

TAC
02-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Should we put a countdown clock on the cincyscca.com web-site? That could be fun. I also plan to get photo&#39;s of the garages as soon as the facility opens.

Any other suggestions?

Todd

Greg Amy
02-09-2007, 11:19 AM
I&#39;ll be more than happy to help feed you booze late into the evening. [/b]
Ditto. Since you drink cheap rotgut I&#39;m buyin&#39;, too.

I&#39;m going for the "Fastest American Made IT car" record to go along with the "Fastest American Made IT Car" championship!![/b]
Kinda like the nicest smelling pile of....never mind.

StephenB
02-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Should we put a countdown clock on the cincyscca.com web-site? That could be fun. I also plan to get photo&#39;s of the garages as soon as the facility opens.

Any other suggestions?

Todd
[/b]

Todd I have seen on other types of sights an informal sign up list. not a real entry but a place to submit your name, car and class so that we can see the potential list of people that will be going. obviously later we will need to fill out a real entry when it&#39;s available. I think it would be cool to see in advance just how big this is going to be and who I am going to run against! It may make your planning easier as well to get an idea of who is showing up.

If you want it to be real snazy allow for pictures to be posted as well of each entrant!

Rabbit07
02-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I&#39;m going for the "Fastest American Made IT car" record to go along with the "Fastest American Made IT Car" championship!!
[/b]

Looks like you and I can have our own race. B)

lateapex911
02-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Looks like you and I can have our own race. B) [/b]

Plastic vs metal!

plastic bounces, metal bends
plastic burns, metal melts

I should warn you, Jeff has no known weaknesses at MO, unlike RAtl where we have "the book" on him..;)