PDA

View Full Version : I.T. Festival approved by Cincinnati BoD

Pages : 1 [2]

RacerBill
02-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Looks like you and I can have our own race. B)
[/b]

You guys forgetting my Charger? :eclipsee_steering:

Rabbit07
02-09-2007, 12:24 PM
You guys forgetting my Charger? :eclipsee_steering:
[/b]

Sweet, two Dodges vs the Saturn

Eagle7
02-09-2007, 12:28 PM
...I personally would be willing to delay it an hour in order to get to watch both the ITA/ITC run group and the ITS/ITB rungroup. [/b]

So now you're watching ITA? :lol:

dj10
02-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Should we put a countdown clock on the cincyscca.com web-site? That could be fun. I also plan to get photo's of the garages as soon as the facility opens.

Any other suggestions?

Todd [/b]

Read post 231, I think it's a good idea.

R2 Racing
02-09-2007, 02:40 PM
I should warn you, Jeff has no known weaknesses at MO, unlike RAtl where we have "the book" on him..;)
[/b]
Not true. Mid Ohio has lots of large sand traps, and we all know how attracted Jeff is to those.

So now you're watching ITA? :lol:
[/b]
In a ways, yes. But I really shouldn't be looking in my rearview mirror that much.

:cavallo:

lateapex911
02-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Not true. Mid Ohio has lots of large sand traps, and we all know how attracted Jeff is to those.

In a ways, yes. But I really shouldn't be looking in my rearview mirror that much.

:cavallo: [/b]

Good to know, I'll bring my sand wedge to make sure I get the most benefit from my trip, just in case!

Greg Amy
02-09-2007, 02:47 PM
In a ways, yes. But I really shouldn't be looking in my rearview mirror that much.[/b]
Maybe if you'd stop spinning out, you wouldn't have to...

924Guy
02-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Maybe they should have their own run group!!! I'd love to watch them bang the sh*t out of each other!! :D That's what sucks about running in ITA, you miss watching the best race!!!
I'm going for the "Fastest American Made IT car" record to go along with the "Fastest American Made IT Car" championship!!
[/b]

Ya know, back in the day, that car USED to be fast enough to watch the show!!! :P

Heck, I remember when it was "Fastest in Non-Honda" ...you think it's bad running against Joey at Mid-O, try running against him on his home track!

R2 Racing
02-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Maybe if you'd stop spinning out, you wouldn't have to...[/b]
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j228/krbobcat/kung-fu.jpg

R2 Racing
02-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I was asked to post up the track records for both SRF and SM, so here they are:

SM - Anthony Coello, 6-4-06, 1:45.246
SRF - Mike Miserendino, 8-15-04, 1:40.927

Andy Bettencourt
02-10-2007, 03:57 PM
I think my car can run a mid-1:43 there. Just have to send in a driver that knows the track... :)

dj10
02-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I think my car can run a mid-1:43 there. Just have to send in a driver that knows the track... :) [/b]

Andy, if you have a good HANDLING car you should be able to get into the low 1:43's. With all these guys sounding off, make me wished I had a ITA car. B)

R2 Racing
02-11-2007, 12:20 AM
I think my car can run a mid-1:43 there. Just have to send in a driver that knows the track... :)
[/b]
I think only four ITA cars have ever got below a 1:44.000 at Mid Ohio, let alone a mid 1:43. So that's a big statement.

Andy Bettencourt
02-11-2007, 07:56 AM
I think only four ITA cars have ever got below a 1:44.000 at Mid Ohio, let alone a mid 1:43. So that's a big statement. [/b]

Given what I see of the track, the lap times of other types of cars etc, I believe the CAR is up to it. Ain't no way a driver that has never been there will touch that but that is why I said what I said about bringing a 'driver'...

It's ok, I would rather come in under the radar anyway... :P

TAC
02-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Kevin,

Any knowledge of a IT7 lap record at Mid-Ohio ? I know for a while the class was run separate from ITA before Central Division split.

Todd

R2 Racing
02-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Kevin,

Any knowledge of a IT7 lap record at Mid-Ohio ? I know for a while the class was run separate from ITA before Central Division split.
Todd
[/b]
I thought I posted that already but you are correct, I did not. My bad.

IT7: Jason Albright, 9-11-05, 1:48.170

TAC
02-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Let the countdown begin. Just 180 days till August 10th.

TAC
02-13-2007, 07:19 AM
To all,

The Mid-Ohio track records for I.T. classes, SM and SRF have been placed on the cincyscca.com web-site. Yes... this means we will be running the club course.

Todd

R2 Racing
02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Yes... this means we will be running the club course.[/b]

[mr. burns]Exxxxxcellent....[/mr. burns]

Greg Amy
02-13-2007, 09:09 AM
[mr. burns]Exxxxxcellent....[/mr. burns]
[/b]
Is that the same track configuration that I and the NX set a new track lap record on the first (and only) time I drove it?

Sounds promising...

R2 Racing
02-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Yes...in Showroom Stock...like 20 years ago...

:eclipsee_steering:

RacerBill
02-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Yes...in Showroom Stock...like 20 years ago...

:eclipsee_steering:
[/b]

Don't forget, MO's been repaved and recurbed.

Greg Amy
02-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Yep, you're probably right, Kevin: (It's actually 15) more years of experience and prep - not to mention a much smoother surface for my McPherson strut car - probably won't make a bit of difference. It also shouldn't matter that I did it back then not having any prior time at the track...

In looking at the video on Mid-O's site, it's pretty much as I remember it; a fast, wide-open, smooth track, lots of sweeping corners. Couple of nice long straights, too...a whole lot like Watkins Glen, in fact...

Yeah, Kevin, nothing to worry about...certainly nothing that should keep you up at night...

T minus 178 days...and counting.

dj10
02-13-2007, 11:06 AM
a whole lot like Watkins Glen, in fact...
[/b]

Hmmmm, I guess I was driving on a different track than Mid O, at least in my ITS car. :D Never the less, you'll have no problem adapting to the new track surface. It's very easy on tires.

Greg, BTW, GREAT Picture in Grassroots Mag! :023: I feel bad for Rob Huffmaster, they butchered is Picture with the wrong name.

Joe Moser
02-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah, Kevin, nothing to worry about...certainly nothing that should keep you up at night...
[/b]

Mid-O's definitely fast, sweeping, smooth.... The strange part is that the real ITA cars (Honda CRX, Integra) don't seem to have any trouble with the higher horsepower ITS cars (Greg...cough...cough) at Mid-O. You would think that the they would have a large advantage there! Road Atlanta really heavily favorites large engines, not so at Mid-O.

Don't get me wrong, the fastest guys (i.e. Huffmaster..etc) can still beat an ITA car, but it's not a large margin.

The most incredible run at Mid-Ohio must have been Colin Botha running there for the NASA championship when he turned a 1:42.2xx on the Club Course (on Toyos)... Incredible. This is faster than any ITS car (Huffmaster turned a high 1:42 in practice) ever.

R2 Racing
02-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Joe ain't tellin' no lies! :023:

The most incredible run at Mid-Ohio must have been Colin Botha running there for the NASA championship when he turned a 1:42.2xx on the Club Course (on Toyos)... Incredible. This is faster than any ITS car (Huffmaster turned a high 1:42 in practice) ever.[/b]
I still refuse to believe that that happened, but I was there and I saw it with my own two peepers. Insane. But, it's Colin. He's on his own level.....a white one, with padded walls. :D

not to mention a much smoother surface for my McPherson strut car[/b]
Well, I'll give you that. Mid Ohio completely and totally changed how it felt after the repave, at least for me. My car hated it the first couple of times I was out on it. It took me a little while to get it working again and in the end, I had a much better handleing car at a greater variety of tracks. So it was a good thing I guess, but it was frustrating.

Another thing you out-of-divisioners need to be thinking about is that us local guys know exactly where to nudge a car in order to turn it into an airplane, Joey Hand style. :P

Dan, I felt bad for Rob too. That sucks they put the wrong name on the picture. I mean, it's right across the windshield!

:snow_cool: <---a snowman, because, well yea...

Rabbit07
02-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Mid-O&#39;s definitely fast, sweeping, smooth.... The strange part is that the real ITA cars (Honda CRX, Integra) don&#39;t seem to have any trouble with the higher horsepower ITS cars (Greg...cough...cough) at Mid-O. You would think that the they would have a large advantage there! Road Atlanta really heavily favorites large engines, not so at Mid-O.
[/b]

After driving both tracks I find it easy to see why this is. Atlanta has much more straights to make up its distance. The whole back section of Mid-O from Turn 7 to the Carroselle is all handling.

dj10
02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
After driving both tracks I find it easy to see why this is. Atlanta has much more straights to make up its distance. The whole back section of Mid-O from Turn 7 to the Carroselle is all handling.
[/b]

Like RA your entering them from the slowest turns on the track, Mid O&#39;s back straight is 1/2 to 2/3 &#39;s of what RA&#39;s back straight is and Mid O&#39;s keyhole take double the time to get through it. Just look @ the avg. track speeds and this will tell you how fast Mid O is compared to other tracks.

As for ITS cars and ITA cars, the times have something to do with weight and tire size.

Does anyone have any more details on the restricted regional @ MO June 2nd?

downingracing
02-13-2007, 09:55 PM
...Does anyone have any more details on the restricted regional @ MO June 2nd?
[/b]

Will have additional information soon. I&#39;ll post it here once we get everything &#39;final&#39;.

TAC
02-15-2007, 06:38 AM
T-minus 176 days.....

To all,

Depending on what Matt finds out on the OVR Restricted Regional we can pretty much guarantee one, possibly two new track records set at the I.T. / Spec-tacular. TCC will be one. And depending on what classes are invited to the June date..... ITR would be the other.

TAC
02-20-2007, 06:49 AM
To all,

Cincinnati BoD meet tonight. I&#39;ll get a time line for the PDX from the event chair. I will also get the contact info for all those who want to instruct.

Todd

RSTPerformance
02-20-2007, 09:38 AM
T-minus 176 days.....

To all,

Depending on what Matt finds out on the OVR Restricted Regional we can pretty much guarantee one, possibly two new track records set at the I.T. / Spec-tacular. TCC will be one. And depending on what classes are invited to the June date..... ITR would be the other.
[/b]

Has anyone run a full (or well) built Honda successfully in ITB out at Mid Ohio?

I only ask because I would suspect you will also see several drivers making the records drop in ITB and ITA based on whom is planning on running from the Northeast nevermind the locals gearing up for some visitors ;)

Raymond " I think the question now is how low will they all go and whom will get it" Blethen

gran racing
02-20-2007, 10:40 AM
It&#39;ll be interesting if any of the Accords make it to the race. Down at the ARRC, they were freakn&#39; fast!! I remember watching Justin Poole&#39;s Accord (in other hands now) pull me pretty good on the straight at RA. Hopefully I&#39;ll have that taken care of this year. Then again, the Audis do have an extra cylinder. I can&#39;t believe how excited I am for a race in August. LOL

R2 Racing
02-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Has anyone run a full (or well) built Honda successfully in ITB out at Mid Ohio?[/b]
Not really. I think we have one 1st gen CRX Si and one 2nd/3rd gen Prelude like Dave&#39;s. They&#39;re both being developed, as well as their drivers. The Prelude has been showing good speed with some podiums as it&#39;s been coming along, but it&#39;s had some reliability problems. The VW&#39;s are still the guys running up front in ITB around here.

If I had to order the IT classes in most likely to have a new record set to least likely it would be like this:
ITR (obviously, duh)
ITB
ITS
ITA
ITC (no one&#39;s touching that one)

RSTPerformance
02-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Mid Ohio is not what I would suspect to be a "VW" track with all the high speed straights and turns (but there are a few low speed sections that it could be better at). I would suspect Volvo&#39;s, Audi&#39;s and Hondas to be a much better car for that track... Similar to Road Atlanta.

I know that ITA will see a lot of new faces and/or new cars this year at Mid-Ohio (thus the reasoning for my suspect of a new track record) but who is "new" to the ITS ranks whom you suspect could be making a challenge to the record?

The ITC field at Mid Ohio is obviously very strong, and I agree that one would probably be tough.

Raymond

R2 Racing
02-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I agree with you on ITB, and the VW&#39;s. That&#39;s why I picked it for a high possibility of a fallen record. It actually use to be a Volvo track back when Rotem Gil was tearing it up in his flying brick, but he hasn&#39;t been around in probably two or three years now. As for the Audi&#39;s, you&#39;re probably the only ITB Audi that&#39;s ever been on Mid Ohio, and I won&#39;t revisit that weekend for you. ;) As for the Honda&#39;s with good straightline speed, you must be talking about the Accord&#39;s. Well, I don&#39;t think an ITB Accord has ever hit the pavement of Mid Ohio before. I&#39;d like to see one show up and see what it can do though! Otherwise maybe the Prelude, but like I said, I think only one has ever competed at Mid Ohio, and it&#39;s still developing.

For ITS, the champion is already here, IMO. Rob Huffmaster. But I think that Rob needs some "ARRC level" competition to really uncork what he can do at Mid Ohio. But it&#39;s not only him. If we can get some of the other great RX-7&#39;s, 240&#39;s, and BMW&#39;s to make the trip, it&#39;ll be a good, fast fight. Plus look out for the FWD cars this year. Hopefully Bill&#39;s bringing out the Corrado VR6 and we&#39;ll have our new "lower weight having" Prelude.

Yes, there will be a great ITA field, that&#39;s for sure. But the "window of opporunity" weather wise needed to just match the current 1:43.3 is small (remember, that time&#39;s had some of the best cars in the country chipping away at it for a couple of years). If we&#39;re blessed with great weather, yea, it probably will fall, but so will the rest of them.

Andy Bettencourt
02-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Kevin is probably spot-on for the ITA record. I have thought about track records this year since another one is a goal of mine and I came to a simple conclusion: Each year they get harder to reset. A combination of weather (cool), track condition (clean, warm and dry) and car/driver (fast, reliable, focused) is now needed most everywhere. For us here in the northeast (and probably at Mid-Ohio) the window for this type of weather is small. A month at the beginning and a month at the end of the season probably. Ain&#39;t no track records being set up here in August!

shwah
02-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Man I hope I am able to take my &#39;yesterdays news&#39; VW to this event and get a good tow from one of those Hondas that will be setting lap records in ITB :P

R2 Racing
02-20-2007, 04:35 PM
For us here in the northeast (and probably at Mid-Ohio) the window for this type of weather is small. A month at the beginning and a month at the end of the season probably. Ain&#39;t no track records being set up here in August!
[/b]
Yup, same thing. This event is the second weekend of August so it could be 75 degrees and gorgeous or 98 degrees and storming like you wouldn&#39;t believe. The Mid Ohio records would typically fall at either the September or October events. I&#39;m not saying it won&#39;t happen though. ;) :smilie_pokal:

dj10
02-20-2007, 05:16 PM
The VW&#39;s are still the guys running up front in ITB around here.

Yea wonder why? hehe

Eagle7
02-21-2007, 02:51 PM
... If we can get some of the other great RX-7&#39;s ... to make the trip, it&#39;ll be a good, fast fight. [/b]

Yeah, I&#39;ll be there. :lol:

He hasn&#39;t been lapping me lately. :023:

TAC
02-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Update on the Cincinnati PDX to be held August 10th, 2007:

O.K. guys this is a relay from the PDX Chairman

We will start accepting entries May 1. 2007 for the test group running at the PDX. Due to the limited number of slots available we will be accepting reservations on a first come first reserved basis. The entry fee will be $199.07 for the test group and advanced group entrants. Instructors that want to drive/test will be charged $50 to cover insurance/sanctioning fees. Instructors that do not bring a car to the PDX will have No Charge.

Because of the limited number of slots available I would encourage drivers that are familiar with Mid-Ohio and have the ability to run other events ( such as the OVR Restricted Reg. / National June 2nd - 3rd.) to do so. This will allow drivers traveling from out-of-division, with little experience at Mid-Ohio a chance to secure a spot in the PDX test group to learn the track. Lets show these folks just how ( GREAT ) Lakes Division is.

Those interested in being an instructor please either send a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]. Add your name, e-mail address and phone number where you may be reached. I will forward the info to the Chief Instructor. ( This is for information purposes only and does not guarantee a spot as an instructor for the PDX.)

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Race Chair

R2 Racing
02-22-2007, 10:34 PM
The entry fee will be $199.07 for the test group and advanced group entrants. Instructors that want to drive/test will be charged $50 to cover insurance/sanctioning fees. Instructors that do not bring a car to the PDX will have No Charge.[/b]
Todd, I have a question. It sounds like the PDX is having a "test group" which I&#39;m assuming will be made up solely of competition cars driven by guys who will be competiting in them that weekend. Is this correct? If so, will it be open passing? Also, it sounds like if an instructor decides he&#39;d like some track time too during the PDX, then he&#39;ll also be in the "test group". If that&#39;s correct, than will the "test group" participants who are not those instructors (i.e. out of town racers) not have the opportunity to have an instructor themselves? I think that&#39;s how I&#39;m reading it.

Does what I&#39;m trying to say even make any sense at all?

RSTPerformance
02-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Kevin-

IMO what you wrote makes sence to me and I think is fair enough. I am sure those outsiders such as myself can get some advice from those ontrack and watching during the "testing session."

Raymond

TAC
02-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Todd, I have a question. It sounds like the PDX is having a "test group" which I&#39;m assuming will be made up solely of competition cars driven by guys who will be competiting in them that weekend. Is this correct? If so, will it be open passing? Also, it sounds like if an instructor decides he&#39;d like some track time too during the PDX, then he&#39;ll also be in the "test group". If that&#39;s correct, than will the "test group" participants who are not those instructors (i.e. out of town racers) not have the opportunity to have an instructor themselves? I think that&#39;s how I&#39;m reading it.

Does what I&#39;m trying to say even make any sense at all?
[/b]

Kevin,

1. There are two groups being talked about here. An instructors group and a ( Advanced) Test group.

2. The idea is that these two groups would be made up of competition cars.

3. Everyone has to follow the PDX rules. I understand that means limited passing areas, but more
passing areas for the Advanced and instructors group . I will check on the corners issue.

4. Anybody can sign up to be an instructor.

5. Yes it all makes sense. Now it hopefully makes more. LOL

Todd

gran racing
02-23-2007, 07:59 AM
For the (Advanced) test group, will we be allowed to bring a passenger in the car if so desired? I imagine so since it is structured as a PDX, but want to confirm.

Will the "sign-up" will be done via an online application and at the Cincy website?

R2 Racing
02-23-2007, 08:11 AM
So will the "(Advanced) Test Group" participants have instructors assigned to them?

gran racing
02-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Kevin, I believe Greg will be instructing and would be willing to school you, or is he saving that for the race?

(I just had to beat him to saying it, LOL)

R2 Racing
02-23-2007, 08:36 AM
I really should compile all posts like that into a list that I can print off and keep in my back pocket. Then while I&#39;m standing on top of the podium, we can read them, and all have a great laugh. I like to laugh.

lateapex911
02-23-2007, 09:18 AM
I really should compile all posts like that into a list that I can print off and keep in my back pocket. Then while I&#39;m standing on top of the podium, we can read them, and all have a great laugh. I like to laugh. [/b]

Jeeez, Kevin, with all that I&#39;ve already read, and considering we have almost 6 more months of trash talking, you&#39;d better use a pretty small font to print those if you expect them to fit in your back pocket!

;)

R2 Racing
02-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Nah, my suit has two side pockets, and they&#39;re quite large.

(Insert joke about my large pockets in my large suit here.)

TAC
02-23-2007, 07:00 PM
For the (Advanced) test group, will we be allowed to bring a passenger in the car if so desired? I imagine so since it is structured as a PDX, but want to confirm.

Will the "sign-up" will be done via an online application and at the Cincy website?
[/b]

Yes, you will be allowed to bring a passenger in the car. Because it is a PDX this would be no different than having an instructor in the car. The passenger/ instructor must be 18 years or older.

Yes, you will be able to register on-line through the cincyscca.com web-site for both the PDX and the Race weekend.

Todd

greendot
02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
What are the requirements for passenger seat and restraint system? Some organizations require equal restraints for passengers.

TAC
02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
That would be the case for this event. Passenger must have a seat and restraints equal to that of the driver.

Todd

gran racing
02-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Does that include a race seat for the passenger side? Then if using a seat for ballast, we&#39;d have to take the race seat out and put a stock seat in the car to be in complance. LOL Or would it be more upto the instructor&#39;s discression?

I would like to take a passenger in the car but really, really don&#39;t want to find another race seat and figure out how to mount it to do this.

TAC
02-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Does that include a race seat for the passenger side? Then if using a seat for ballast, we&#39;d have to take the race seat out and put a stock seat in the car to be in complance. LOL Or would it be more upto the instructor&#39;s discression?

I would like to take a passenger in the car but really, really don&#39;t want to find another race seat and figure out how to mount it to do this.
[/b]

I will have to ask our safety steward. I&#39;m sure those with a few more PDX&#39;s and other driving schools may know the answer.

dickita15
02-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Todd, would you also see if we need to install a window net for the passenger.

gran racing
02-24-2007, 07:22 AM
For what it&#39;s worth, other HPDEs I&#39;ve instructed with do not require that the passenger side seat be a racing seat (if the driver&#39;s side is). They do require a harness if that&#39;s what is being used on the driver&#39;s side. Also, no passanger side window net. Hopefully that&#39;s what you&#39;ll use too.

TAC
02-24-2007, 08:17 AM
O.K. This is the blurb on the issue from the 2006 SCCA Time Trial Rules. Found under Student Requirements and Responsibilities.

All Cars MUST have a passenger seat with a 3 point seat belt, both meeting DOT requirements as a minimum. Passenger seats with the same safety equipment as the driver seat are highly recommended.

I don&#39;t think this was a point of change for the 2007 edition. I&#39;ll start checking for the on-line version to see if its up yet.

Todd

TAC
02-25-2007, 05:13 PM
No 2007 version of the Time Trial Rules on line yet.

Todd

RSTPerformance
02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
So what expert wants to give me a free ride??? hummmm Sounds fun!!!

Raymond "I wonder if anyone will be "auctioning off" passenger rides." Blethen

R2 Racing
02-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Who actually has a passenger seat with belts in their racecar?

Andy Bettencourt
02-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Who actually has a passenger seat with belts in their racecar? [/b]

Not hard to do without a petty bar. We pop set-ups like this in and out of our rental fleet when novices rent for DE days.

lateapex911
02-28-2007, 07:00 PM

I do as well, although now that the car can weigh less, it&#39;s in the shop, but I&#39;ll bolt it back in for the PDX. Gonna have to find some restraints though. Too bad they don&#39;t allow old (3 yrs) 5 points . grrr.

dickita15
03-01-2007, 05:55 AM
I do as well, although now that the car can weigh less, it&#39;s in the shop, but I&#39;ll bolt it back in for the PDX. Gonna have to find some restraints though. Too bad they don&#39;t allow old (3 yrs) 5 points . grrr.
[/b]
I thought we could use out of date belts for the right seat. am I wrong.

gran racing
03-01-2007, 07:56 AM

I do as well. It&#39;s great for HPDEs/PDXs. I also needed the extra weight.

R2 Racing
03-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Ok, fine. So who other than Andy, Jake, and Dave have passenger seats in their car? :wacko:

924Guy
03-01-2007, 08:50 AM
I run one sometimes... mainly when my wife DE&#39;s it (with Porsche Club, so far... but she might want to try out Mid-O!)

erlrich
03-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok, fine. So who other than Andy, Jake, and Dave have passenger seats in their car? :wacko: [/b] Not in the car now, but I still have the race seat and harness set from when I was doing FATT days at Summit; would take about 15 mins to stick them back in if needed. Always thought it was funny how when most of the other cars were &#39;vettes, 911s, and 350Zs in street trim I never had a problem finding an instuctor willing to ride in my little underpowered pea-shooter with the full cage, race seat and 5-pt. harness :D

JamesB
03-01-2007, 08:59 AM
I do as well. It&#39;s great for HPDEs/PDXs. I also needed the extra weight.
[/b]

Hah, I mounted my ballast, but I made sure I could get a passanger seat into the car when I need to though for DE instruction and I actually did that so I could do a shakedown of the car (DE event that didnt know me and I had to have an instructor for one session.)

gran racing
03-01-2007, 09:04 AM
I mounted ballast on the floor in addition to the seat, spare tire, and other stuff. :( Then again, I&#39;d much prefer to have that problem then struggling to get to the min. weight.

erlrich
03-01-2007, 09:20 AM
I mounted ballast on the floor in addition to the seat, spare tire, and other stuff. :( Then again, I&#39;d much prefer to have that problem then struggling to get to the min. weight. [/b] I don&#39;t know Dave, I personally think it&#39;s much more fun trying to figure out exactly how many ounces of gasoline you need to get through the next session :D

JamesB
03-01-2007, 09:36 AM
I don&#39;t know Dave, I personally think it&#39;s much more fun trying to figure out exactly how many ounces of gasoline you need to get through the next session :D
[/b]

I have a spare and 50# on the floor and I still have to figure out how much fuel to run based on each track so I can come off above min weight.

erlrich
03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
I have a spare and 50# on the floor and I still have to figure out how much fuel to run based on each track so I can come off above min weight. [/b] You have a point James - I have no clue what it&#39;s like having to worry about being under weight :P

Anyway, back on topic...I may have missed it, but they aren&#39;t going to require passenger seats for the test session unless you want to have an instructor/passenger, right?

Racerlinn
03-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Ok, fine. So who other than Andy, Jake, and Dave have passenger seats in their car? :wacko:
[/b]
Me.
I put my groceries on it.
But not on race weekends.
:023:

R2 Racing
03-01-2007, 04:59 PM
I mounted ballast on the floor in addition to the seat, spare tire, and other stuff. :( Then again, I&#39;d much prefer to have that problem then struggling to get to the min. weight.[/b]
Dave, just get fatter. Even in my porker Integra, I only have to add about 40lbs of lead onto the passenger side floor. Little guys like Muresan and Edo have to add a Geo Metro. :birra:

[/b]

Me.
I put my groceries on it.
But not on race weekends.
:023:
[/b]
Steve, of everyone I race against, I like lapping you most of all. :P

shwah
03-01-2007, 05:35 PM
I have a spare and 50# on the floor and I still have to figure out how much fuel to run based on each track so I can come off above min weight.
[/b]

I was running a spare and 100#, and watching fuel to make weight. So I went ahead and reinstalled the sound deadening layer and carpeting. Makes for a much more comfortable and less hot ride. I was thinking about putting a stereo in for cool down laps :D

Racerlinn
03-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Steve, of everyone I race against, I like lapping you most of all. :P
[/b]

OK Homer, that&#39;s it, I&#39;m puttin a donut on your dashboard in grid to distract you during the race.
And then I may put another on your door during the race.....
:OLA:

TAC
03-11-2007, 07:26 PM
O.K. The ITE class definition for the Great Lakes Division 2007 has been approved. It is as follows.

A. Cars prepared for any past or current recognized showroom stock based amateur or professional racing series, not eligible for any current SCCA regional class.

B. Drivers must have the rule book and be able to prove compliance to the series rules the car is prepared to.

C. All cars must run DOT approved tires.

D. Cars must meet minimum safety requirements defined in the GCR and ITCS for Improved Touring.

Also Just a reminder. If you are interested in Instructing at the PDX let me know.

Todd

RacerBill
03-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Nobody has posted here in over a week! What, has everyone refrozen? OK, I&#39;ll add to the heat.

Kevin! I&#39;m gunning for you this year. Just took delievery on a new set of front brakes that will allow me to go full bore into 7, way past the single cone!!!!!!! I may even have to put a wheelie bar on the front to keep the car from doing a front summersault!

Eagle7
03-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Bill, sounds like you&#39;ve got a good plan. When you get to China Beach, Kevin will probably already be there. I see that Kevin likes to land on the roof - what&#39;s your preference?

RacerBill
03-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Bill, sounds like you&#39;ve got a good plan. When you get to China Beach, Kevin will probably already be there. I see that Kevin likes to land on the roof - what&#39;s your preference?
[/b]

I don&#39;t know. I was thinking on a new height record clearing the tire wall before the forest!

Come on, Kevin. Where&#39;s the smack??????? (LOL) :P :D :026:

R2 Racing
03-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Bill, sounds like you&#39;ve got a good plan. see that Kevin likes to land on the roof - what&#39;s your preference?
[/b]
WTF?! I&#39;m getting crap from guys in my own region now! (Well, except for Linn. He&#39;s been doing it for years, but he has severe emotional issues with being lapped that he needs to address.)

I tell ya I get no respect! No respect at all!
http://www.comedycentral.com/images/comedians/d/dangerfield_r/rodney-dangerfield_m4.jpg

Only 20 more weeks to go. :rolleyes:

Racerlinn
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
WTF?! I&#39;m getting crap from guys in my own region now! (Well, except for Linn. He&#39;s been doing it for years, but he has severe emotional issues with being lapped that he needs to address.)
[/b]

No just a dog-gone-minute, I have been sitting here nice and quite.....

http://www.harvardavenue.net/images/july2006/homer-donut.gif

RSTPerformance
03-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, sitting nice and quite in the sandtrap ;)

Raymond

Eagle7
03-20-2007, 11:09 AM
WTF?! I&#39;m getting crap from guys in my own region now! (Well, except for Linn. He&#39;s been doing it for years, but he has severe emotional issues with being lapped that he needs to address.)[/b]

Sure, but he&#39;s an ITA car. Think how deranged I must get when I get lapped by that little orange beast or those darn CRX&#39;s. :unsure:

R2 Racing
03-20-2007, 12:14 PM
You guys suck at spelling.....and driving! :cavallo:

The sun&#39;s out.

Racerlinn
03-20-2007, 02:47 PM
The sun&#39;s out.
[/b]

I like beer.
:birra:

downingracing
03-22-2007, 06:48 AM
I like beer.
[/b]

Me too! :OLA:

Glad to see the smack talk is picking up! I&#39;d like to, but I&#39;ll just be happy to finish the race. At least we aren&#39;t running with SM, so I should have a good chance to finish! :cavallo: Probably towards the back of the pack, but as long as the beer is cold - whatever! :cavallo:

Racerlinn
03-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Downing, get the hell outta my sand trap!
:D

greendot
03-22-2007, 09:10 AM
At least we aren&#39;t running with SM, so I should have a good chance to finish! :cavallo: [/b]

:023: :023: :023:

Rabbit07
03-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Downing, get the hell outta my sand trap!
[/b]

C&#39;mon boys, place nice in the sand box. :D

R2 Racing
03-22-2007, 01:54 PM
At least we aren&#39;t running with SM, so I should have a good chance to finish![/b]
You have an ITA car. If you were any good, you wouldn&#39;t have to worry about racing with SM&#39;s. :P

GLdiv 1st non-Honda on the grid![/b]
Nice new sig, Chris. It&#39;s funny because it&#39;s true, and yet it still puts you like 10th on the grid.

Woohoo! :cavallo: :cavallo: :cavallo:

The sun went away. <_<

Rabbit07
03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
You have an ITA car. If you were any good, you wouldn&#39;t have to worry about racing with SM&#39;s. :P
Nice new sig, Chris. It&#39;s funny because it&#39;s true, and yet it still puts you like 10th on the grid.

Woohoo! :cavallo: :cavallo: :cavallo:
The sun went away. <_<
[/b]

Yeah, but I still in front of Downing :P

TAC
03-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that if you want to be a PDX instructor August 10th to let me know. Cost is $50 dollars to run four 20 minute sessions. And of course.... ride around with the students.

Garage prices for the weekend will be $125 for a two door and $75 for a single door garage. More info to come soon.

Now back to talking smack,java script:emoticon(&#39;:D&#39;, &#39;smid_11&#39;)

Todd

downingracing
03-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Don&#39;t worry Steve - I don&#39;t get stuck in that trap... Your photo is a still - mine is foot to the floor!! But yours did cost me a tire - damn yellow flag causer! :)

downingracing
03-27-2007, 06:45 AM
...[/b]

Funny coming from the guy with the avitar of him and his car upside-down... :cavallo:

I love the smack-talk! Only wish I could back it up. Do we have one of these smilies :smilie_pokal: with a 4th or 5th (or worse) on the trophy?

Yeah, but I still in front of Downing :P
[/b]

True. :( But we will see if we can change that this year!!! :eclipsee_steering:

Rabbit07
03-27-2007, 07:28 AM
True. :( But we will see if we can change that this year!!! :eclipsee_steering:
[/b]

Well you are more likely to be faster than last year than I am. I have been so busy working on other peoples cars I haven&#39;t even looked at mine yet. I know it will be a mad dash to even make the first race this year.

Now back to your regularly scheduled smack talk! :birra:

downingracing
03-27-2007, 07:44 AM
Yea - I figure the new Final Drive and Suspension will have me saying: "Wow! This thing really feels WAY Bett..." About this point, I&#39;ve put it off in T1 and am all up in the tire wall! I&#39;m going to try to re-learn how to drive it with these mods. I&#39;m guessing I&#39;ll be slower the first few times out. (Or spend some time off-track) :o The funny thing about chasing the leaders is that every time I get faster - They do TOO!!! :)

Just started on mine this past weekend. Body damage is fixed and I&#39;m replacing the suspension now. The trans should be done in a few weeks and the cage bars should be added by then too. New belts are here along with the pimpy new window net attachment bar with the seatbelt release on it. Man, I wish I could fab. parts!

Rabbit07
03-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Man, I wish I could fab. parts!
[/b]

Not that I am close, but we have a full Fab shop at work. We make lots of race car parts. If there is something you need send me a PM

R2 Racing
03-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Well you are more likely to be faster than last year than I am. I have been so busy working on other peoples cars I haven&#39;t even looked at mine yet. I know it will be a mad dash to even make the first race this year.[/b]
Really? My car&#39;s been sitting there ready to go for over a month now. Everytime I walk past it, it just sort of looks at me like "Seriously, is it time yet?"

The funny thing about chasing the leaders is that every time I get faster - They do TOO!!! :)[/b]
Well, it isn&#39;t much different a couple spots up. In October of 2005 and 2006, I was running track record lap times at Mid Ohio. Well, track record times.....for the previous May. I was always a season behind on those damn CRX&#39;s (shakes fist in air)! Finally, by last October I was on par with them for once. I&#39;m sure Joey will fix that soon enough though. :(

downingracing
03-31-2007, 08:12 AM
Yea - I&#39;m pushing for restirctor plates for integras and CRXs! Or I could just get my head out of my @$$ and actually prep the car. Restrictors sounds easier! :P You know I am changing the oil this season, and I&#39;ve actually been replacing worn parts. There might be something to this "maintenance" thing! :cavallo:

Racerlinn
04-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Yea - I&#39;m pushing for restirctor plates for integras and CRXs! Or I could just get my head out of my @$$ and actually prep the car. Restrictors sounds easier! :P You know I am changing the oil this season, and I&#39;ve actually been replacing worn parts. There might be something to this "maintenance" thing! :cavallo:
[/b]

Don&#39;t forget to tighten the nut behind the wheel....

:018:

TAC
04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
To all,

The registration form for the August 10th PDX is now available for download at Cincyscca.com. The info can be found on the I.T./SPEC-tacular page under the schedule for Friday. Space is limited so get your reservations in ASAP. you can contact myself or the PDX Chair ( Kurt) at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Todd

TAC
04-12-2007, 09:41 PM
T-Minus 120 days

TAC
04-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Sure got awful quiet.

Todd

Greg Amy
04-17-2007, 05:31 PM
We&#39;re brimming with anticipation...

Unfortunately, brimming is all we can do right now... ;)

RacerBill
04-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Motor/Trans is out of the car to get the trans mounted correctly. While that was going on, I got a new finish on the flywheel. Found another bung that was left open in the exhaust manifold, so that will get plugged. EGR is comming off.

While the engine is out, I will rebuild the front a-arms with poly bushings. Also clean up, and freshen engine mounts that were not painted.

Got my right-side net today, so we&#39;ll see how it fits.

Going to have fun when this thing gets reliable!

R2 Racing
04-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Tired of talking.
Beyond ready for racing.
Seventeen more days.

There, I made a haiku. :023:

TAC
04-17-2007, 10:22 PM
We&#39;re brimming with anticipation...

Unfortunately, brimming is all we can do right now... ;)
[/b]

Especially during a Nor&#39;easter. ( I think I spelled that right?)

lateapex911
04-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately, the "Brimming" is happening in my two furnaces, and they aren&#39;t brimming with heat. Cellar hasn&#39;t seen water in 37 years, but had two feet in it Monday...

dj10
04-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Unfortunately, the "Brimming" is happening in my two furnaces, and they aren&#39;t brimming with heat. Cellar hasn&#39;t seen water in 37 years, but had two feet in it Monday...
[/b]

Oh NO!!!!!! Were you able to get the water pumped out or is the water keep coming in? Not a good time to be without heat. :( Better weather is coming, hang in there.

lateapex911
04-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks Dan, the good news is that it&#39;s not where I live, it&#39;s a house I rent. And the tenant was in charge of watching for the water....I warned him repeatedly to not store things in the basement and to watch for water when the brook rises. I actually callled to double check, and got there in an hour to pump it out, but, too little too late.

He says he forgot to check, (just like he is always a month late forgetting the rent check LOL). So I&#39;m trying to get people out there, but everyones busy so the tenant might need a sweater for a bit.

Ironically, it&#39;s a house I&#39;ve decided to put up for sale, and will likely be bought by a developer, who will knok it down....furnaces won&#39;t matter to him, nor would they in a month!

R2 Racing
04-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Kick out lazy tennants.
Don&#39;t worry about the heater.
Put up for sale as "development opportunity".
Sell to developer.
Profit.
Race.

I&#39;d usually charge someone upwards of $10 for advice that good, but this one&#39;s on me.

lateapex911
04-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Kick out lazy tennants.
Don&#39;t worry about the heater.
Put up for sale as "development opportunity".
Sell to developer.
Profit.
Buy lots of fresh tires with profit
Send Jim Susko and any other fast IT7 guys free&#39; Cruise" gift certificates for that weekend
Hire Mid Ohio guru as driver coach
Race.

I&#39;d usually charge someone upwards of $10 for advice that good, but this one&#39;s on me. [/b]

Fixed that for you....

iagreen
04-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Kevin.

Dude.

www.monster.com

:dead_horse:

Sorry, I suck at haiku&#39;s

dj10
04-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks Dan, the good news is that it&#39;s not where I live, it&#39;s a house I rent. And the tenant was in charge of watching for the water....I warned him repeatedly to not store things in the basement and to watch for water when the brook rises. I actually callled to double check, and got there in an hour to pump it out, but, too little too late.

He says he forgot to check, (just like he is always a month late forgetting the rent check LOL). So I&#39;m trying to get people out there, but everyones busy so the tenant might need a sweater for a bit.

Ironically, it&#39;s a house I&#39;ve decided to put up for sale, and will likely be bought by a developer, who will knok it down....furnaces won&#39;t matter to him, nor would they in a month!
[/b]

Wow Jake, gald it&#39;s not your home! Sounds like your renter doesn&#39;t have much money and this will be a major hardship on them. I bet they don&#39;t have flood insurance either, not that it pays for much any way. To bad your selling it. I thought you might have some plastering work for me. ;)

Dan Jones, Jones Plastering, Inc. "The Master of Plaster, let him fill your crack" B)

TAC
04-23-2007, 07:41 PM
To all,

Contact information for the garage rentals at Mid-Ohio is now posted at Cincyscca.com. The interior dimensions and amenities of the Single and Double door garages are the same. I have included pictures so you can get an idea of what they look like.

Todd

StephenB
05-01-2007, 11:58 PM
So this thread is 19 pages so it has probably already been asked and maybe even answered but it will take me an hr to read it all so I am hoping somebody may know...

Does Mid-Ohio have any Test days the week prior?
Does anyone know the going rates and if it&#39;s a 1/2 day or full day?

Thanks,
Stephen Blethen

JLawton
05-02-2007, 06:38 AM
How many cars does Mid Ohio allow on the track? From looking at the grouping, there may be a LOT of cars in our run group!!

RacerBill
05-02-2007, 06:56 AM
So this thread is 19 pages so it has probably already been asked and maybe even answered but it will take me an hr to read it all so I am hoping somebody may know...

Does Mid-Ohio have any Test days the week prior?
Does anyone know the going rates and if it&#39;s a 1/2 day or full day?

Thanks,
Stephen Blethen
[/b]

Stephen: There will be a Cincy Region PDX on Aug 10, the day before the IT Fest. Check the Cincy website http://www.cincyscca.com/2007/pdx/Cincy%20SCCA%20PDXad.htm - That will be a full day.

Check with Mid-Ohio for their school schedule during the week.

RacerBill
05-02-2007, 07:07 AM
How many cars does Mid Ohio allow on the track? From looking at the grouping, there may be a LOT of cars in our run group!!
[/b]

Based on the GCR that says 25 cars per mile, and the track length of 2.4 miles (per the Mid-Ohio website, subject to change), figure around 60 cars.

TAC
05-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Based on the GCR that says 25 cars per mile, and the track length of 2.4 miles (per the Mid-Ohio website, subject to change), figure around 60 cars.
[/b]

You are correct. The track length with the Chicane has been officially changed to 2.4 miles. This will mean a Maximum of 60 cars per race group.

Todd

R2 Racing
05-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I just might crap myself if I see 60 cars in any one of these run groups. I think the most I&#39;ve ever seen in a single run group at Mid Ohio during a SCCA regional is about 50, and that was years ago.

gran racing
05-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Might as well pick-up some Depends then. LOL

TAC
05-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Better to be in front of 59 cars than behind.

RacerBill
05-03-2007, 07:10 AM
The race group for my first race weekend back in 2005 had 54 cars!

Racerlinn
05-03-2007, 09:54 AM
[/b]

Oh crimeny, I can just see myself sticking it in the kitty litter again at the beginning of quals on Saturday.... (see avatar)
:bash_1_:

RacerBill
05-03-2007, 12:00 PM
[/b]

I can see I&#39;m going to be practicing my point-bys again!

Taking tomorrow off to get serious work done on the car.

TAC
05-03-2007, 10:52 PM
I can see I&#39;m going to be practicing my point-bys again!

Taking tomorrow off to get serious work done on the car.
[/b]

Adding more charge to the Charger? Or you getting it ready for ORP this weekend?

ajn
05-03-2007, 11:39 PM
hey ya&#39;ll...I might make an appearance...I come for the beer...gettin&#39; my drink on...

R2 Racing
05-04-2007, 06:26 AM
hey ya&#39;ll...I might make an appearance...I come for the beer...gettin&#39; my drink on...
[/b]
Well crap, I might as well not go if AJ&#39;s going to be there. I&#39;ll for sure not be getting any racing done then! :birra:

RacerBill
05-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Adding more charge to the Charger? Or you getting it ready for ORP this weekend?
[/b]

Actually, 1) getting the transmission back in after replacing the clutch last October.

At the same time, I am going over as much as possible without taking the engine completely apart. So, let&#39;s see.

2) reface the flywheel

3) replace water pump

4) exchange exhaust manifold - original had open air pump port

5) remove egr pipe - JB Weld intake manifold port

6) remove catalytic converter

7) replace timing belt

8) replace front suspension bushings

9) replace brake calipers

10) replace oil pan with baffled pan

11) clean EVERYTHING! degrease, wire brush

12) wire wheel all brackets, etc - prime and paint.

13) clean out bolt holes, etc with taps.

That enough?

BTW, when the clutch went out, I could not find one piece of the clutch pad. Nothing! What a surprise when I was cleaning off the starter motor, and all of a sudden all kinds of clutch pad pieces start falling out. Hope I got them all out!

Back to work!

R2 Racing
05-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I got to meet Todd (tefkatt) yesterday, so he does in fact exist and isn&#39;t some 13 year old kid sitting at home on his computer pulling our chain. He seems like he might almost be more excited for this event than me! :eclipsee_steering:

Racerlinn
05-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I got to meet Todd (tefkatt) yesterday, so he does in fact exist and isn&#39;t some 13 year old kid sitting at home on his computer pulling our chain. He seems like he might almost be more excited for this event than me! :eclipsee_steering:
[/b]

Yeah, he was the one throwing you all those blue flags at T9 on Sunday.....
:P

R2 Racing
05-07-2007, 03:35 PM
[/b]
Once again, Steve, you must be confusing me with you. :cavallo:

Racerlinn
05-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Once again, Steve, you must be confusing me with you. :cavallo:
[/b]

Nope, they were throwing me the pink flag, trying to tell me to stop driving like a granny.

TAC
05-07-2007, 09:08 PM
[/b]

No, I was too busy watching the classic Honda Vs. Mazda battle. Looked like Sebring without the contact.

Todd

philstireservice
05-08-2007, 05:17 PM
[/b]

Yep, I got to meet Todd a few weeks back at MO also ........... I know who I&#39;d like to see running SCCA.

dj10
05-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Can anyone tell me who will supply Hoosiers tires for the June 2nd National & Restricted Regional event? A phone # would help also.

Thanks

TAC
05-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Dan,

I&#39;m going to assume Dave Gardner with Hoosier Tire Midwest. 574-936-8344. This is the Hoosier Rep. coming for the August race.

Todd

TAC
05-11-2007, 07:00 AM
At T-minus 91 days. Don&#39;t forget if your interested in the PDX to get your reservation in soon. Cincyscca.com has all the details. We are currently looking for sponsors for race class trophies and the worker/driver gifts. Contact me at [email protected] for more information. Entry forms SHOULD be available June 1st. I&#39;ll keep you posted as we get closer to the Kick-off date. Race safe this weekend.

Todd

eprodrx7
05-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Todd,
Could we start a mailing list for the entries when they become available? If so add me [email protected]

924Guy
05-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Woohoo! Bring on the dancing bananas!!

Yes, please add me to an email list: vaughan (at) vaughanscott.com (don&#39;t forget the extra "a"s)

Jeremy Billiel
05-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Do we know the approx entry fee yet?

TAC
05-11-2007, 08:55 PM
For 2.5 hrs of track time broken down into 30 minute qualifying + 45 minute race + 30 minute qualifying race+ 45 minute race

1 car 1 driver $325

1 car 2 drivers $375

1 car 1 driver 1 day $ 275

Also, Yes we can start a mailing list. You can put it up here for everyone to see or if you want it to be more private you can P.M. of E-mail me. I can then update everyone on who is coming through a weekly e-mail blast to the group? Name, Car class & region?

Todd

RSTPerformance
05-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Todd thanks for the info, looks like a great weekend :)

Are the races 45 minutes in length or is it a specific # of laps with a max time of 45 minutes?

Any chance for a 10 minute warmup on saturday morning? I know I would love it to get at least an idea for suspension settings before qualifying.

Also anyone know if Dogs are allowed?

Raymond

R2 Racing
05-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Also anyone know if Dogs are allowed?[/b]
Absolutely not. Mid Ohio is very vocal about not allowing dogs on the grounds.

RacerBill
05-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Todd,
Could we start a mailing list for the entries when they become available? If so add me [email protected]
[/b]

Bill Stevens, ITA, Cincy [email protected]

TAC
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Todd thanks for the info, looks like a great weekend :)

Are the races 45 minutes in length or is it a specific # of laps with a max time of 45 minutes?

Any chance for a 10 minute warmup on saturday morning? I know I would love it to get at least an idea for suspension settings before qualifying.

Also anyone know if Dogs are allowed?

Raymond
[/b]

25 laps/ 45 minutes which ever comes first.

No chance. Supps. are approved and headed to Topeka.java script:emoticon(&#39;:lol:&#39;, &#39;smid_23&#39;)
:lol:

No dogs.

Todd

dj10
05-14-2007, 08:02 PM
25 laps/ 45 minutes which ever comes first.

No chance. Supps. are approved and headed to Topeka.java script:emoticon(&#39;:lol:&#39;, &#39;smid_23&#39;)
:lol:

No dogs.

Todd [/b]

Wow! Nationals are only 19 laps aren&#39;t they? Bring lots of water, your going to need it! B)

R2 Racing
05-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Seriously, 25 laps is damn long. Our typical double regional weekends are in the 14-15 lap range.

Figure the ITA/ITC group overall winner averages a 1:44.0 (which would be impressive, IMO), that makes the race 43 minutes and 20 second long if it goes all green. So assuming the clock starts at the drop of the green flag, even just one lap of FCY makes it a timed race.

TAC
05-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Puts the emphasis on everyone running a clean race. java script:emoticon(&#39;:happy204:&#39;, &#39;smid_22&#39;)
:happy204:

RSTPerformance
05-15-2007, 07:36 AM
I might have to get new tires!!! not sure if old ones would last that long... lol

Thinking about running one car with Hancook & one with Hoosiers... Seems like it would be a good test :)

Raymond

iagreen
05-15-2007, 08:24 AM
I&#39;m pretty sure I&#39;ll start fuel starving before that. I&#39;m gonna say by lap 20 for sure. Guess I&#39;ll still go.

RSTPerformance
05-15-2007, 09:15 AM
18 gallon tank in the Audi!!! I shouldn&#39;t have that problem ;)

TAC
05-15-2007, 05:02 PM
I&#39;m pretty sure I&#39;ll start fuel starving before that. I&#39;m gonna say by lap 20 for sure. Guess I&#39;ll still go.
[/b]

I&#39;m a little confused? I thought the I.T. classes would be able to run 45 minutes without a problem? Am I wrong about that?

Todd

dickita15
05-15-2007, 05:59 PM
we are allowed to use cells so may be not. I just pet in a small cell to save weight so I am going to have to test for fuel mileage. i will install the large cell if I have to.

gran racing
05-15-2007, 07:06 PM
18 gallon tank in the Audi!!! I shouldn&#39;t have that problem [/b]

Some might call it fate, some call it destiny, others call it dumb luck, but I just read an article about siphoning fuel without choking on it in Popular Mechanics today. (No, I&#39;m not kidding!!!) Ray, your car may hold 18 gallons but how many does it have come race time. He, he, he.

iagreen
05-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Am I wrong about that? [/b]

Some cars have slosh problems. I&#39;ll have to put some more thought into fixing it.

gran racing
05-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Some drivers have slosh problems.

BRING EXTRA BEER!!! LOL

RSTPerformance
05-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Some might call it fate, some call it destiny, others call it dumb luck, but I just read an article about siphoning fuel without choking on it in Popular Mechanics today. (No, I&#39;m not kidding!!!) Ray, your car may hold 18 gallons but how many does it have come race time. He, he, he.
[/b]
we have spies dave... everywhere!!!

But you do make me think a bit... our cars are light, and we need to run fuel to come in at the correct weight. We have it very well calculated at NHIS and Lime Rock so that we come in about 5lbs overweight. Pocono we goofed one year and one car came in 3lbs over and the other care came in 1lb over but had a tourque wrench in the car... Tech noticed as we pushed it off the scales and yup, back in line we went.... and the car was weighed several times (It did pass at the exact weight 2490)!!! I was a bit worried to say the least :) In the enduro&#39;s we run extra heavy with a full 18 gallon tank to be sure that at the end after a 1 hour or more stint we will still make weight just incase they weigh us.

anyway we will surely have the calculaters out!!!

Raymond

Racerlinn
05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Some cars have slosh problems. I&#39;ll have to put some more thought into fixing it.
[/b]

Drive slower.
I can use the company.

TAC
05-18-2007, 07:20 AM
So far I have 4 drivers signed up to receive the entry form via e-mail as soon as I get the sanctioning #&#39;s. The file will be in a PDF format. Is anyone else interested? The entry form will also be available online at cincyscca.com. You will also be able to enter online at dblracing.com

we&#39;re getting close!

Todd

downingracing
05-18-2007, 08:08 AM
[email protected]

Hopefully I&#39;ll have the car back together. Going to the frame shop soon and hopefully it can be repaired... As my brother says - nothing worse than spending a ton of $$ to put something back to &#39;normal&#39;!

TAC
05-18-2007, 05:27 PM
At least the wall moved. I think if it had stayed in place the damage may have been more extensive.

Jeremy Billiel
05-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Is this event going to be classified as a double or singe? I did not see that specified on the website although it seems intuitive that it would be a double given all the track time.

TAC
05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
It is a Double Restricted Regional

TAC
05-25-2007, 06:46 AM
The entry form for the I.T.SPEC*tacular should be attached to the thread if I do this right.

924Guy
05-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Got mine in the email - schweet!!!

Cobrar05
05-28-2007, 11:11 AM
I am disappointed to say that I am committed to another event that weekend. I like the ITE rules and love the format.

You are locked into my schedule for next year. I am looking forward to it already.

thedemoguy
05-28-2007, 09:34 PM
vote and be heard

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...showtopic=11587 (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11587)

Bill

TAC
05-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Bill,

There are many people around the country watching to see how the Cincinnati ITSPEC*tacular works out. As the Race Chairman for the event I have to say that the interest in the event has been overwhelming. It could be that what you are looking for has already developing.

Todd

TAC
05-29-2007, 06:26 AM
For those who missed it, the entry form and supps. for the race are attached to the thread at post #419.

R2 Racing
05-29-2007, 08:58 AM
For those who missed it, the entry form and supps. for the race are attached to the thread at post #419.
[/b]
Todd, just start a new thread with that info. You don&#39;t want to make the people weed through 20+ pages to find that. ;)

Eagle7
05-29-2007, 10:03 PM
For those who missed it, the entry form and supps. for the race are attached to the thread at post #419. [/b]

Todd, the PDF says on-line entry is available. Do you know when that will be up?

ras
06-09-2007, 12:57 AM
I am interested in attending the Mid Ohio IT Festival primarily as a spectator to show my son some racing. I am also willing to work as crew but would not be able to work the hot pits.

I am an old guy but have some experience with Hondas (ITA CRX and SSC Civics) and Nissan (ITA 240sx). It would be nice to live vicariously through some of you for a weekend.

I have not been a member of SCCA for quite a while so I don&#39;t know if spectators are permitted at regionals or not.

Your comments are appreciated.

Randy Shively -- Dayton, Ohio

dj10
06-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I am interested in attending the Mid Ohio IT Festival primarily as a spectator to show my son some racing. I am also willing to work as crew but would not be able to work the hot pits.

I am an old guy but have some experience with Hondas (ITA CRX and SSC Civics) and Nissan (ITA 240sx). It would be nice to live vicariously through some of you for a weekend.

I have not been a member of SCCA for quite a while so I don&#39;t know if spectators are permitted at regionals or not.

[/b]

If your a member of the SCCA, it&#39;s real easy to get a crew license.

RacerBill
06-12-2007, 12:09 PM

[/b]

Randy: PM me and we can touch base. Regionals (even Nationals) are &#39;non-spectator&#39; events, however, we&#39;re always looking for potential new (or returning) members, and will find some way to cover you.

Eagle7
06-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Don&#39;t forget the minor waiver issue. I THINK one parent signature is all that&#39;s required (at registration) for a weekend, but it would be good for Todd to confirm that. If you need two signatures, get the form and get it notarized before the event.

I should have a couple open (free) crew spots if you need them.

R2 Racing
06-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Since we&#39;re talking about it, how many crew spots are we getting - standard 3? How much are additional ones - typical $10?

RSTPerformance
06-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Since we&#39;re talking about it, how many crew spots are we getting - standard 3? How much are additional ones - typical $10?
[/b]

Read the Entry/Supps... 3 spots and each additional person is $10.00

Raymond

TAC
06-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Yup. Typical $10 after 3 crew.

Seems some parents didn&#39;t like finding out till later about the kids being at the race track. So now..( if both parents won&#39;t be at the track) under the age of 18 you need the waiver signed by both parents and notarized, even if you are the court appointed legal guardian. I&#39;m sure there are exceptions to the rule.

Todd

gran racing
06-13-2007, 08:10 AM
That&#39;s really too bad that a parent needs to sign a waiver for a 16 / 17 year old. (I get it from the regions perspective.)

RacerBill
06-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Yup. Typical $10 after 3 crew.

Seems some parents didn&#39;t like finding out till later about the kids being at the race track. So now..( if both parents won&#39;t be at the track) under the age of 18 you need the waiver signed by both parents and notarized, even if you are the court appointed legal guardian. I&#39;m sure there are exceptions to the rule.

Todd
[/b]

My experience (and I have a 17 year-old daughter) up to this year is that a multi-event waiver needed to be signed by both parents, but a single event waiver could be signed by one (saved me having to deal with the ex!). Well, I got to my first event this year, signed my daughter&#39;s waiver (checked the box saying I have sole custody, which I do) and the registra said "Do you want an event credential or yearly credential?" One guess which one I took!

That&#39;s what I love about this club, consistency! (The above saga occurred at an OVR event).

downingracing
06-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Bill, that is the difference between legal guardian and sole custody. Legal guardian can have shared custody so both people are required to sign. Sole custody is just that. You (and no one else) are responsible for that minor, so you are the only signature necessary.

I don&#39;t think consistancy is the issue, just the ever changing rules due to the dumb-ass-ness of the &#39;average&#39; person. It is very hard to keep up with all the new legal rules and regs...

Back on topic - Money paid and I&#39;m still working on getting the car ready, but I will be there! Multi-colored car and all! :)

tom91ita
06-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Randy,

you have PM. also, you might want to try and "crew" for some honda types for the NASA Nationals at mid-O.

tom