PDA

View Full Version : Feb 24&25 at Road Atlanta Cancelled

Butch Kummer
01-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Due to unforeseen delays in their re-paving project, Road Atlanta today found it necessary to cancel all their February 2007 events including the Atlanta Region SCCA SARRC/ECR/Pro-IT/PDX scheduled for Feb. 24 & 25. We are looking at options to re-schedule the event and should have an alternative after this weekend’s SEDIV meeting at Jekyll Island. The March 24 & 25 National/Pro-IT/PDX weekend appears to be “safe” at this point in time.

Please help us get word out to those that may have been planning on attending this event.

Thanks,

Butch Kummer
Atlanta Region Competition Director

crushed
01-16-2007, 12:03 AM
I had a feeling this was coming :(

There was a test day before the march NASA race that got canned as well, but the event is still on for that weekend. they cutting it pretty damn close.

abreakey
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM
My Panoz 3 day racing school was also cancelled in Feb. -- They did offer me a free day of lapping in one of their cars at either Sebring or RA as a way to make me feel better. I can't complain now... that is $1100 worth of track/car time. :)

adamb

Butch Kummer
01-22-2007, 09:36 PM
At the SEDIV meeting at Jekyll Island we got approval to add SARRC races to the National/Pro-IT at Road Atlanta over the June 2,3 weekend. It will mean a couple of long days for our workers, the SARRC races will be 12 laps rather than the traditional 15, and the National drivers will not have exclusive use of the track for all their sessions (they'll share a 20 minute session of SARRC qualifying and National practice). The good news is the days are their longest then and we'll have one helluva party Saturday evening.

All parties will be making compromises, but it gives regional racers a second SARRC race at Road Atlanta in 2007.

Thanks to all that helped make this happen...