PDA

View Full Version : What do you Yanks do?

IPRESS
01-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Texas is gripped in an ice storm. Looks like a week of "yankee" weather. What in the heck do you folks do all winter?

Mac

Peter Olivola
01-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Freeze in the dark... :D

Texas is gripped in an ice storm. Looks like a week of "yankee" weather. What in the heck do you folks do all winter?

Mac
[/b]

tom91ita
01-14-2007, 08:12 PM
the local maternity wards typically staff up about 9 months after a really cold snap.

hunter164
01-14-2007, 08:41 PM
A race car makes fun toy on the ice if you can find a big enough open area when you dont have to worry about hitting anything...

or there is always snowboarding behind your tow truck! All you need is a long piece of rope, truck, snowboard.. And definitely bring a camera! :happy204: :snow_cool:

Joe Harlan
01-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Most of em wear glasses after a long cold winter...... :snow_cool:

RSTPerformance
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Its time to have fun, drag race the mustangs with the shit box Audi Quattro, watch them cry :)

as mentioned ski behind vehicles (if you can't find a hill with a chairlift)

Do/make donuts, no not the thing cops eat... lol

Forget working on the race car, its just to cold outside to get the concreat floors warm ;)

Raymond "Hows the water level in the race car? frozen?" Blethen

Hotshoe
01-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Well,

... I used to enjoy racing Snowmobiles when I was a Yank ( I had a Snow Jet with a Yamaha 2 stroke that would fly )........... You could also tie a rope on the back and pick up a few kids with their sleds and play "crack the whip" .....lol

Greg Amy
01-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Aw, c'mon Mac, Suck it up. I lived down there in the 80's when we had a three-day ice storm: a good 1/4-1/2 inch ice on everything. Instead of gettin' all upset we just popped open the Coors light and rode it out. It'll go away.

Sounds like you got too many complainin' Yankees down there these days...

zracre
01-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Ice? isnt that the stuff we put in our cocktails to keep them cool?

R2 Racing
01-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Instead of gettin' all upset we just popped open the Coors light and rode it out.[/b]
...a bit of this because there's nothing else to do.

the local maternity wards typically staff up about 9 months after a really cold snap.
[/b]
...which leads to a bit of this because there's nothing else to do AND you're drunk.

Really though, this winter has been pretty tame. It's the middle of January and I haven't even mounted up my snow tires/wheels on the beater Integra yet. Usually they're on by the middle of December. This winter's been a lot of high's in the mid-40's to mid-60's, no snow at all, a bit of rain, and yet a bit of sun too. So I've been enjoying watching the south and southwest people get hammered with bad winter storms while I've been playing golf and riding my motorcycle. :023:

ddewhurst
01-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Yankee whimps race a car (with heaters) on the lake ice while a real Yankee races a Kart. :snow_cool:

Mac, is it the ice or are you bored AGAIN? <_<

Have Fun ;)
David

EDIT:

***It&#39;s the middle of January and I haven&#39;t even mounted up my snow tires/wheels on the beater Integra yet.***

Kevin, don&#39;t be tellen him this sort of $hit cause he&#39;ll get the idea you race a car on the lake ice with a HEATER.

IPRESS
01-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Actually the "ice storm" was pretty "half arse". We are fairly spoiled during the winter these days as it seems a good deal more mild the past few years. Also the older I get the less I like the temp being low or high. Probably the most fun thing to do when we have a real ice storm is watch the news. The local nesies love to setup their video on a downhill intersection and film cars sliding into each other. Always reminds me of the infamous ARRC SM sart where Chet got knocked into T1 wall. As the song said, "Jokers to the left jokers to the right STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU!" (I could also apply that to this years ITA start...you guys are faster then SM cause the stuck part started on the straight!) :lol:

ddewhurst
01-15-2007, 02:38 PM
***Always reminds me of the infamous ARRC SM sart where Chet got knocked into T1 wall. ***

Harsh my man. :018: Had it been THE Yankee that got knocked into the wall by the Rebel there NEVER would have been DQ aT 11:00 p.m. :035:

Have Fun ;)
David

ps: Who was it that started the SM mess at the 2007 Runoffs? :D :D :D