PDA

View Full Version : Dynapack at the track

hunter164
01-14-2007, 06:01 PM
BB Racing is presently weighing options for potentially buying a dynapack set up for next season. These units are reasonable portable. If we were to make the purchase and bring it to the track, what would the level of interest be from others to use it there if it were competitively priced with other dyno shops?

lateapex911
01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
I tried to do this for the NARRC Runoffs. I had a supplier, but he thought transportation was difficult. We could have worked that out though.

The Region (NYR) was cooperative with the idea.

But the track never returned calls about it, and they might have issues, as you'll be doing it for money. You'll have to convince them that you're not operating it to take in money, or they may decide to exclude you, or to charge a fee, or a cut of the proceeds.

I would think that many would love to do some pulls to answer the "big question" and they'd want to do it on the same machine as others.

But, it's not a great time to do tuning runs, as time can be short at the track.

And others will avoid you as they wish to be secretive.

Finally, the track might have issues, (sounds silly, but you never know) with noise, and may restrict the use to certain blocks of time, ot only to when cars are actually on track.

Of course, it will vary from track to track, but I think you should approach the region firsat to get the approval, and the name of a track contact, and then seek the tracks blessings.

I like the idea, and think we could do sme cool things with it. It's a great device.

RSTPerformance
01-14-2007, 06:50 PM
We would use it at some point when all the cars were running well and we had the time to do it...

I would suggest that you make sure that you have the manpower to run it. I know that you guys have a lot of cars, and I am sure like us it can get busy... If you have a high demand, you will probably need to run it almoast full time while at the track.

As I mentioned before I also think to drum up business, contingency/sponsorship is always a good thing :) Check out the other thread for peoples thoughts...

Raymond

hunter164
01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
The track would be another place we could use it, but not our only reason for getting one. If we were to bring it to the track we would definitely seek proper authorization towards it use. Just trying to establish pros and cons of the addition of the dyno as our newest to toy ( make sure to check www.bbracingusa.com to see the toy we just added this weekend! ) to the BB Racing garage. I did read through the post the last time it was suggested to have it at the track. There were alot of responses to having it at that one event. I was more wonder how feelings would change if it were available throughout the season and not just at one event.

lateapex911
01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Looks like getting it to the track won't be an issue, LOL Jeeez

I imagine the unit will be popular, but it's all about location.

hunter164
01-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Roll big or stay home right?

We should have a decision on the dyno soon. We are working on the financing for it right now and then a final weighing of the pros and cons.

Greg Amy
01-14-2007, 09:16 PM
I suggest you'd get a lot of interest the first few times you brought it; so much so you'd possibly need a guy on it full-time. However, after a few races I think you'd se interest taper off, such that it would be a part-time thing (maybe in some cases not at all).

We'd certainly use it on occasion, and challenge competitors to do the same. But you only have so much time on a race weekend to be able to use it to good effect, and for the most part its at-track usage would be a novelty item. - GA

hunter164
01-14-2007, 09:28 PM
That was our thinking going into it and probably the assumption we are going to proceed under.

Jeremy Billiel
01-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Holy crap Greg... You guys aren't messing around! We need pictures!

hunter164
01-14-2007, 10:00 PM
oh don't you worry. There are more pictures on the way. We took a few more today, just haven't had time to get them converted and up yet. I told you all big things were on the way from BB Racing. Hopefully 2007 holds a couple more big surprises. Brandon and I like to dream big and then manage to somehow get there, haha

gran racing
01-15-2007, 08:33 AM
It's an interesting idea, but would imagine you'd find it more trouble to bring to the track and operate than worth overall. I do think it would be cool for specific events such at the NARRC. If the track were to give you problems, maybe it would be something you could do with Driving Impressions at LRP?

benspeed
01-15-2007, 02:30 PM
I would definitely use it. I also think that folks might continue to use it after the first few baseline runs to see how the motor holds up over a season. I've just about got my motor back in our Fiero and am keen to see what power it makes on the dyno. If it's at the track I'd be sure to buy some pulls.