PDA

View Full Version : My new look for '07

Racy-Stacey
01-12-2007, 02:22 AM
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/473941/fullsize/123006_087.jpg

Here is the new look for '07

Because its mine, I drool over it.

more pics -= Racy-Stacey Car pics (http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/6753/21550)

Greg Amy
01-12-2007, 06:54 AM
:023:

erlrich
01-12-2007, 07:17 AM
Nice.

Doc Bro
01-12-2007, 07:35 AM
That's got to be one of the coolest ITB cars I've seen.

R

lateapex911
01-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Wow....looks great...and it was pretty good looking to start with! I see in some of the pics, like the one with you at the park, your brake ducts protrude, but in another shot there looks to be an air dam. Was it just MIA for the pics?

RacerBill
01-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Looks good!!!!! :026:

gran racing
01-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Now that looks like a real racecar (minus the weird external brake ducts). :)

Racy-Stacey
01-12-2007, 03:06 PM
I was thinking of bringing the air dam up with me to put on for the pics but decided against it. So yes there is a front dam that hides the scoopy thingies.

Thanks everyone! For the kind comments. I've put alot of heart into building this car and using my drafting skills to design several graphics schemes before deciding on this one. And the kicker is that this is a spray can job in my covered carport. lol :lol: It took 3 days to complete the graphics and I still need to add more clear coat.

The wheels are just for getting around they are 16" x 7 if you noticed. I run 15" wheels for racing with z211's.

Thank you again.

dj10
01-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Nice. [/b]

Ditto, but I like your girl in your avatar much better!

lateapex911
01-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Ditto, but I like your girl in your avatar much better!

[/b]
tch tch tch... :018:

gran racing
01-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Stacey,
Sooooo...was the blue paint or vinyl? Just curious.

Racy-Stacey
01-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Stacey,
Sooooo...was the blue paint or vinyl? Just curious.
[/b]

Welp its paint. Spray can paint to be more specific. It didnt come out like $1000 professional job, but for doing it in my covered carport. wow it did come out very nice. I had to use 2 types of blues to get the right effect. One was a dark blue that wasnt that dark and the other was a candy speckle blue that I highlighted the color with. The bad thing was that I was going for a very specific shade of blue and whats listed on the can isnt always what you get coming out of the can. So I ended up with 8 shades of blues till I found putting two of them together was what I was looking for. So like, now I have all these shades of blue in my garage. lol

its66
01-13-2007, 08:10 PM
I thought the paint looks good from the pics. Nicce stripe layout, it all flows together... then, I hear that you spray bombed it???? WOW...now that's good.

congratualations ..Job well done.!!!

Of course, we might have to change your screen name to the Krylon Queen. j/k

JeffYoung
01-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Looks DAMN good to me. Great work..

RSTPerformance
01-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Make sure you keep those two cans, and the order of spraying written down... when we had my brothers car painted last year, the painters used the wrong can of paint, and well the car came out the very wrong shade of blue lol... Stephen had spray cans mixed at the same time as he had the quarts done for the painter. He took the spray cans and re-did all of the blue on the car. Honestly you can't tell a difference!!!

Bid thing to do though is keep the codes and/or cans around even if they are empty so that you know what to get next time you need to replace a fender or something :)

PS: The car really does look great, I like the "style" you went with!!! I find it soooo hard to do somehting original to get your own look, and you did just that!!!

Raymond

Racy-Stacey
01-15-2007, 02:59 PM
What? Me need to keep extra paint around incase of damage!

:018:

dont jinx me... :P

:eclipsee_steering: Lets Go Racing!! ! ! ! ! !

lateapex911
01-16-2007, 09:26 AM

:eclipsee_steering: Lets Go Racing!! ! ! ! ! ! [/b]

Now, i know you're in SoCal....having lived there myself, so this might not make a lot of sense, but it's like washing your car...it causes the weather to turn to rain! (If only the farmers knew that during the great drought in the 20s!)

So, by being prepared for the inevitable, you are indeed, insuring no damage.

Now, if you DON'T get the back up cans and are ready to go, you'll have somebody rear end you on your first pace lap.

Count on it. ;)

Z3_GoCar
01-18-2007, 11:05 AM
What? Me need to keep extra paint around incase of damage!

:eclipsee_steering: Lets Go Racing!! ! ! ! ! !
[/b]

Hey Stacey,

Looks good. I know how hard it is to get a good coat of paint from a rattle can, and it looks like you did a good job. When are you planning on bring it out next? You might want to stock up on paint, Naji's running ITA this year :P (Just kidding Naji. Actually, it was a lot of fun running with Bob and Naji at the Great Pumpkin.) Hope to see you out there some time.

James

Racy-Stacey
01-19-2007, 03:02 PM
James

I'm not sure when I'll be out there next. I ran into some financial stuff recently and Im now catching up again. So I might or might not make the event at California Speedway in two weekends. I do have 4 great tires and a new paint job, so hey who knows.. :D

-Stacey