PDA

View Full Version : Passengers Side Window Net

robits325is
01-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know if passengers side window nets will be required for 2007?

I remember hearing someone mention it but now I can't remember if it was for SCCA or BMW Club Racing.

Thanks.

dj10
01-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know if passengers side window nets will be required for 2007?

I remember hearing someone mention it but now I can't remember if it was for SCCA or BMW Club Racing.

Thanks.
[/b]

I read it is not manditory. 99.9% sure.

JamesB
01-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Not manditory yet. From the 2007 GCR:

9.3.29. INSIDE NET
An inside net running between the main roll hoop and the dash is recommended for all production-based cars and two-seater sports racers (see figure 6). It is recommended that the lower strand of the net pass the shoulder and run horizontally from the cage to the dash. The upper strand should pass the Cg of the helmet in the side view. The net should run parallel to the center of the car in plain view and be as close to the seat as possible. It is recommended that the net be tensioned tightly and have a way to quickly disconnect it in case the driver needs to exit through the car in an emergency. Metal collars, or some other equivalent method, should be used to keep the strands of the net from moving along the rollcage. If possible, the recommended mounting method is to wrap the net strands around the back of the seat and attach them to the main hoop upright. However, teams should consult the net manufacturer to verify their recommended method of mounting.[/b]

leggwork
01-12-2007, 12:23 AM
it is not a passenger side window net, it is a net on the right side of the driver's seat.
cheers,
bruce