PDA

View Full Version : Out of Curriosity....

rabbidmk1
01-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Now that my MK3 IT car is almost done I began thinking where I want my racing to take me (as I am only 23), and in a few years I would like to see myself end up in a Production class. I know right now the mk3 is not classed in any (per my 06' GCR) but do you guys see them placing it in one someday. How do they decide what cars are eligable for porduction???

Aaron :023:

Knestis
01-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Someone needs to submit a request that the car be listed in Prod, and provide all of the documentation required for the decision to be made.

As an old fart (2 of you, almost exactly) I'd caution you from assuming that Production should somehow be viewed as a "move up" from IT. As a category, it will give you more opportunities to play engineer, and it is a category regognized in National events - but there's way more to it that that.

Kirk

OTLimit
01-12-2007, 05:04 PM
If I had to guess, I would say that a request for classification would be approved sooner rather then later. Especially since we had already discussed submitting it. However, at this point, someone else should probably do it.

Conover
01-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Stay and play in IT, unless you just really really want to spend a bunch of money, then build a GAC car!

Knestis
01-12-2007, 08:25 PM
...However, at this point, someone else should probably do it.[/b]
It's my training but I can't help but think that there's specific thinking behind this statement, that might mean something... :)

K

OTLimit
01-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Kirk,
It might have something to do with the newest member of the CRB. At least, that's what he keeps telling me all of these evening-long phone calls are about.

Knestis
01-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Oh - I missed a memo. Cool...

Thanks

K

Bill Miller
01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh - I missed a memo. Cool...

Thanks

K
[/b]

Yes, I believe Chris took Brian Culbertson's slot on the CRB.

Knestis
01-14-2007, 08:21 PM
How about a MkIII Cabrio Prod car? A Speedster for the '90s.

K

rabbidmk1
01-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the info... I most definatly will stay in IT for a few years, I just really want to run against Chris Albin and chuck Mathis at the runoffs someday!