PDA

View Full Version : Rules and CR

AE86ITA
01-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Has anyone noticed that the rules have the 84-87 Corolla GTS with 9.0:1 Comp Ratio and the 88-91 Corolla GTS with 9.4:1 CR when in reality the 84-87 has 9.4:1 CR, the 88-89 has 9.4:1 CR and the 90-91 has 10.3:1 CR?
Perhaps this should be corrected soon in order to avoid any trouble in case any of us gets protested or there might be an inspection and the only paper that could save us are the rules.

Thanks,

Efrain

Greg Amy
01-09-2007, 10:30 AM
It's your responsibility to send a letter/email to the CRB with supporting documentation, asking them to correct the error. They won't do it on their own.

The documentation should be official Toyota stuff, like photocopies of the relevant pages of the factory service manual.

AE86ITA
01-09-2007, 12:35 PM
It's your responsibility to send a letter/email to the CRB with supporting documentation, asking them to correct the error. They won't do it on their own.

The documentation should be official Toyota stuff, like photocopies of the relevant pages of the factory service manual.
[/b]

Thank you Greg:
My problem is a little bigger. We are located in Puerto Rico which isn't under SCCA but we race under SCCA rules. So if no one in SCCA does not clears it we down here are SOL.

I will appreciate if any of you could bring it up and have it corrected I will appreciate. I am sure there has to be a few racers out there using these cars still.

Thanks,

Greg Amy
01-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Are you an SCCA member? If so, then it doesn't matter where you are.

However, if you are not, I'm certain that if you can supply the proper documentation then someone here will certainly be glad to help you clear it up. Get those docs first, then let us know. - GA

Daryl DeArman
01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Just a WAG, but is it possible that the Puerto Rico bound Toyotas are non-US spec cars and have a different CR than those here? Or are the cars in Puerto Rico US spec?

AE86ITA
01-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Hello Daryl:
Every car sold in PR is the same as those sold in the main land. That is part of our political relationship.

Thanks,

Gary L
01-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Hello Daryl:
Every car sold in PR is the same as those sold in the main land. That is part of our political relationship.

Thanks,
[/b] So you're saying that all vehicles cars imported to PR meet all US Federal emissions standards, etc? I'm just curious... I had often wondered if that were the case for PR and Guam.

AE86ITA
01-10-2007, 05:24 AM
So you're saying that all vehicles cars imported to PR meet all US Federal emissions standards, etc? I'm just curious... I had often wondered if that were the case for PR and Guam.
[/b]

Yes sir.
That is the reason in PR we can not enjoy the pleasure of owning such beutys like the Nissan Skyline, Subaru 22B, etc. etc. We are limitted to cars that meet all federal regulation and still have to pay about 20% more than you do in the main land.

Such is life but we still manage to enjoy it :P

Thanks,

Efrain