PDA

View Full Version : who can tech my car?

anrkii
01-09-2007, 02:52 AM
hello,

I am trying desperately to get this thing ready by march, and I was wondering when , who, and where to get teched? car was last raced in '02 , so I have changed a few things.

will they do this at the driving school or race?

if so, is there anyone in the southwest missouri area I can persuade to "pre tech" me, so I know Im ready?

Speed Raycer
01-09-2007, 03:04 AM
My Suggestion would be to get ahold of someone in the Ozark Mountain Region and see if they know who's chief of Tech for SCCA races at Hallett. If you're lucky, they're semi-close to you. I would be prepared to trailer the car to them for the tech, but they might be able to come to you.

They'll tech your car at the double school, but you'll need to contact the Chief of Tech before the event just to be sure. Remember, there's about 50-80 other cars at the event that might also need teched.

Her contact info is on the regions website under club racing/contacts www.stlscca.org

tnord
01-09-2007, 11:10 AM
to satisfy my own curiosity, what will you be racing?

i agree with the advice mentioned above.

gran racing
01-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Don't wait until the event to get your car teched. Hmm, will it pass or won't it? With the number of other cars needing to be teched, will you be able to get it done in time? What happens if there is something that needs attention? Maybe you won't have the tools, time, or equipment to fix it. I doubt you want to be worrying about all this at the event.

anrkii
01-09-2007, 01:03 PM
thats exactly it, gran. I dont want to get to the race, hours away from home, and the car fail tech. that would be the worst.

oh, forgot to mention, Im headed for ITB.

tnord
01-09-2007, 01:42 PM
i dunno how close to KC you are, but there are plenty of guys up here that can do it for you.

oh yeah, don't worry if a certain yellow ITB Golf seems impossibly fast.......it is.

x-ring
01-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure what Division SW Missouri is in, but if you contact the Divisional Administrator for Scrutineeering for your division he / she should have a list of all the licensed scrutineers in the division.

You can find out who your DA is on the SCCA web site. It takes a little digging to find it, but they're listed on the page with all the other divisional officers for each division.

gran racing
01-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Glad you're going to do it before. Why I said that was because...

will they do this at the driving school or race?[/b]

x-ring
01-09-2007, 02:08 PM
OK, a quick check of the club website indicated that SW Missouri is in MWDiv.

Your DA for scrutineers is Frank Diringer.

Copied from the MWDiv page:

Scrutineers
Frank Diringer
604 Michael Rd
Newton, KS 67114
316-283-1247 (h)
316-523-8880 (w)
[email protected]

FireballPhil
01-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Ty,
That email address for Frank Diringer is incorrect. They probably haven't changed it on the Midiv website yet. But anyway, here is is: [email protected]

Anrkii, I am a National Scrutineer and will be in Springfield, MO near the end of February for a Divisional meeting. Frank will be at that same meeting also. Email Frank and see if you can make arrangements.

FWIW, I will also be driving in the STL Double School in a Datsun 1200.

Phil Harris
RE MidSouth Region
Memphis, TN

anrkii
01-17-2007, 03:26 PM
^ I would be very interested in that, if you think you will have some extra time while you're in springfield.
I hope to have this clunker ready by then.

JimLill
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Before you attempt any actual tech, see if you can find a Tech Inspection Checklist for 2006 or 2007 to use as a guide. Try to have an experienced racer do a dry run for you. Get familiar with the most recent changes...

- 2nd door bar

- window net must drop from top down

- "odd" things people in your region might focus on that you need to pass

Make your goal to get through pass tech first time, so get ahead of the game. If for some reason you get tech'd at a race, you'll want/need to pass!