PDA

View Full Version : Clarification of IT Rules

Sandro
01-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I have a rabbit that I have been running at weekend track events and want to enter in SCCA. I have been going back and forth between ITB and G Production, and want to make the descision soon and get the car ready for one or the other. The reason I chose GP is because I have done some things to the car that are not legal for IT but I want to go into ITB because it will be cheaper as far as once I start racing. Another part that really made me reconsider it is that in my area their are only 2 guys that run in GP and a quite a few in ITB including about 3 VW's

I have read the GCR and just need your help to clarify some things as they are propably second nature to you guys.

The cage was built to GP rules so I will need to cut out the braces that go to the front strut towers but thats not too bad, and the rest will be fine for ITB.

Rain Tray - I cut out the rain tray, is that a no no for ITB?

Heater Core - I removed it and blocked it off, I would have to put it back correct?

Dash & Wiring - I removed the dash and all junk wiring and replaced it with a Fiberglass Dash. I know I
need the stock dash and every ounce of wiring. Question is am I allowed to cut the dash inorder to allow for
the A pillar cage bars and also the horizontal bar connecting the two A pillars?

Bumpers - I need to put the bumpers back on correct?

Wheels - I see it says for a Rabbit you need 14's and cant go smaller but for a MKII you can run 13's or 14's is that a mistake or correct, shouldn't it be the other way around? Also what size tires are most of you running.

Rear Wiper - is it ok to remove the rear wiper or would that have to go back in?

Sorry for the lenghty post and thanks in advance.

lateapex911
01-08-2007, 01:17 PM
The cage was built to GP rules so I will need to cut out the braces that go to the front strut towers but thats not too bad, and the rest will be fine for ITB. [/b]

6 main points of attachement, and two optional floor/firewall points. So yes, the strut towers must be disconnected. Also reread the doorbar wording to be sure you're ok.

Rain Tray - I cut out the rain tray, is that a no no for ITB?
[/b]

I don't know what a rain tray is, but I bet you need it!

Heater Core - I removed it and blocked it off, I would have to put it back correct?
[/b]

Correct!

Dash & Wiring - I removed the dash and all junk wiring and replaced it with a Fiberglass Dash. I know I
need the stock dash and every ounce of wiring. Question is am I allowed to cut the dash inorder to allow for
the A pillar cage bars and also the horizontal bar connecting the two A pillars?[/b]

yes, dash can be modified for cage installation.

Bumpers - I need to put the bumpers back on correct?
[/b]

Complete.

Rear Wiper - is it ok to remove the rear wiper or would that have to go back in?
[/b]

Not if a car listed on the spec line was available without it. A different trim level, for instance.

RSTPerformance
01-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Good job jake...

As for the rear wiper, if it was an option on your specific car, then I think you can take it out.

Raymond

racer_tim
01-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Raintray is a no-no for IT, and it's still up in the air for production. Just ask Mark Coffin regarding the rain tray modification, due to the installation of dual Weber's. CIS shouldn't be a problem. In theory, your creating another air input to the engine bay, since the rear vents on the hood, were designed to get air into the heater / A/C devices, not as an air exit from the engine bay.

shwah
01-08-2007, 04:43 PM
We have been told by some that you need a raintray in GP as well.

I agree with the answers above.

Bill Miller
01-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Sandro,

You've gotten some good information here.

My suggestion, is to either keep the car as a GP car, or get a new shell and start over, if you want to go ITB.

The rain tray thing is going to be interesting.

shwah
01-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Yep. Car #54 ran with a re-installed rain tray all season. Not a big enough deal to worry about performance-wise, but a PITA if you had removed it...

rabbidmk1
01-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Good Luck :023:

Sandro
01-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the help guys

Sandro,

You've gotten some good information here.

My suggestion, is to either keep the car as a GP car, or get a new shell and start over, if you want to go ITB.

The rain tray thing is going to be interesting.
[/b]

thats probably what I will do. Sad to say but it would take more initial work to get it on the track for ITB.

Rain tray is interesting, never in my life did I think I would be putting it back.

Now only if GP would allow a 1.8 LP on DCOE's I could enter tomorrow.