PDA

View Full Version : Race Header

hadalian
01-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi all I am getting ready to convert my SSC car to IT and one of the first orders of business is to put a header on it.

The headers I have seen are street style with Cat connects. Does anyone have a suggestion for a race header?

Thanks

PSherm
01-03-2007, 09:34 PM
The only off-the-shelf long tube Neon headers on the market I can think of are the TTI and Kirk headers. There are plenty of shorty headers on the market. Now, the $64k question is: which is going to be of benefit on an IT prepped Neon? I don't know of anybody that has done any dyno tuning comparisons for these and if anybody has, I haven't seen any results.

JimLill
01-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Perhaps this view of the Skip Barber Neon motors gives some ideas on length...

http://www.vectorbd.com/users/jpl/sbld/slides/DSC_0334.JPG

check this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-4-1-EXH...itemZ8068102150 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-4-1-EXHAUST-HEADER-95-99-DODGE-NEON-2-0L-DOHC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQihZ019QQite mZ8068102150)

Darryl Pritchett
01-05-2007, 09:10 AM
I converted my SSC, SOHC neon to IT prep last year. I went with the TTI Long Tube and highly recommend it. It bolted up very easy and although I have not had it on a dyno I could really feel the diffence at top end. This along with a Iceman cold air intake really brought the car to life on top end.

I would suggest ordering it directly from TTI, I had ordered mine from a performance place online which I will not mention the name here and never got it, had to cancel and demand they issue credit on my card. I ordered it direct from TTI and had it in 2 weeks.

GregM
01-12-2007, 03:41 PM
I have TTi long tubes on both my ITA Neons. Great product and quality. I ordered direct. Use some heat shielding on the shifter cables.
I also got a high flow muffler and L shaped exhaust tube from Summit to complete the system. It exits nicely on the side behind the driver and meets sound even at Lime Rock.

Andy Bettencourt
02-10-2007, 11:25 PM
It exits nicely on the side behind the driver and meets sound even at Lime Rock. [/b]

I can attest to the power that it makes on Greg's car as well! Ka-Chow!

GregM
03-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I can attest to the power that it makes on Greg's car as well! Ka-Chow!
[/b]

Oh that hurt. Guess I gotta get back to workin on my Neon. Haven't touched them since the Lime Rock fiasco. More fun and more cars in ITA anyway. Losing enthusiasm for Nationals.

Andy Bettencourt
03-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Not meant as a shot! Greg A and I commented on how much straight line speed the Neons have.

Rabbit07
03-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Andy,

Wait till I get the new motor in my car! I should be trumping Greg Amy's numbers for HP/TQ. Now if I could just get the handling down.

"Oh that hurt. Guess I gotta get back to workin on my Neon. Haven't touched them since the Lime Rock fiasco. More fun and more cars in ITA anyway. Losing enthusiasm for Nationals."

Greg,

One more reason to come west this summer, if you can't make it to the Neon race at Waterford, you should atleast make it out to Mid-O in August! (arm twisting) :D