PDA

View Full Version : Need source for Carbotech brakes

pballance
01-01-2007, 09:50 AM
I can't seem to find anyone who retails Carbotech shoes and the website is broken. I have gone through the vendor section and can't find anyone who retails Carbotech and I would like to try and support vendors who support this forum.

Anybody have any contact info for a vendor or for Carbotech direct?

Thanks,
Paul

gran racing
01-01-2007, 10:31 AM
They are in the process of making a new website - maybe that's why it is down?

Anyway, Carbotech's phone number is 877-899-5024

pballance
01-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks Dave. That's what I needed.
Paul

IPRESS
01-02-2007, 10:24 AM
saferacer.com sells Carbotech products.

lateapex911
01-02-2007, 11:58 AM
My understanding is that the main guy there that was the guru and friend to the racer has left the company....I think his name was Matt.

RSTPerformance
01-02-2007, 12:27 PM
I worked with Matt and one other person... I forget his name... I hope that Carbotech is still the leader in Brake Pads with product and customer support, otherwise I am in big trouble!!!

Raymond

Greg Amy
01-02-2007, 01:22 PM
My understanding is that the main guy there that was the guru and friend to the racer has left the company....I think his name was Matt.[/b]

Matt Nicholson...and it was decisively NOT an amicable parting. Many in "the sandbox" have chosen to boycott CarboTech as a result. - GA

RSTPerformance
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Matt Nicholson...and it was decisively NOT an amicable parting. Many in "the sandbox" have chosen to boycott CarboTech as a result. - GA
[/b]

Whom are people choosing in this boycott?

Raymond

gran racing
01-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I never spoke with Matt and know nothing related to what Greg is referring to. But I have spoken with Chris at CarboTech a few times and he is fantastic! In fact, he was at LRP last year making the rounds to see how people were doing with their product and was also available to answer questions. He and others there are great.

Ray, since you'll still be racing in ITB next year I'd be happy to refer you to another company. LOL

lateapex911
01-02-2007, 02:10 PM
yea, I didn't want to go that far, as I didn't have first hand info.

But from my second hand info, thats the case. Many say he WAS Carbotech.

Who is boycotting? Everyone who knows about it, it seems. (IT racers, NASA racers, etc)

RSTPerformance
01-02-2007, 03:16 PM
:dead_horse: errr I wasn't clear jake...

Where are you getting your new pads from, instead of Carbotech... IE: who is Matt working for now? or where are his customers now shopping?

People who like Carbotechs seem to think they are the best (I am one of those people)... If those people are now switching to another company who is it that has anything even compairable to Carbotech?

Raymond

IPRESS
01-02-2007, 03:18 PM
I have no knowledge of any CarboTech politics, but I have gotten excellent service from Danny Puskar who is there now. He has gone out of his way to help me out on a couple of things.

Mac

Greg Amy
01-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Whom are people choosing in this boycott?[/b]

You can read the thread for yourself:

http://www.roadrace-autox.com/bbs/forums/t...id=2374&start=1 (http://www.roadrace-autox.com/bbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2374&start=1)