PDA

View Full Version : Thanks guys

pballance
12-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Thanks for all of the info you guys have provided on the forum and by email (Thanks David).

I finally have got things going well on the update get the Z ready for Roebling. Got to spend some quality time on prep work over the last couple of weeks and found some interesting things about my car.

Got the passenger doorbar installed and while looking over the rest of the car found out that I have the "west coast setup" Big bars and 250/275 springs. Also started fixing some of the things that were POS installs by the previous owner. I can't believe I didn't fall through the floorboard on an autox test drive last month. Turns out the seat was bolted in with LARGE fender washers multilple nuts and allthread. :bash_1_:
New belts should be here next week along with the SFI padding for the cage.

Still have lots of work, but steadily making a dent in it. Will start on cleaning up the engine compartment and fabbing a new catch can arrangement now that I can remove the washer bottle. Also need to plug/cap the water jacket on the intake and fab a new heatshield. Removed the header wrap installed by the po as well.

Have a full day devoted to chassis set up week after next with Eric Van Cleef as well as getting to go through his spring cache and try to find some longer/higher rates for the coilovers.

Spares list is compiled, new brake pads/shoes will be ordered this weekend. Rest of the spares are being collected and checked.

Bottom line, if it was not for the information provided to me through this forum and the contacts made here, I doubt that I would be very confident about getting to attend drivers school in Feb. Still have lots to do and hopefully some of you will be at RR so that I can put faces to the "handles."

THANKS to everyone and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Paul