PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Win in 2007?

Greg Amy
12-28-2006, 09:25 PM
In the spirit of last year's "who will win?" threads (so, who was right?):

ITS: http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...?showtopic=6995 (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6995)
ITA: http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...?showtopic=6990 (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6990)
ITB: http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...?showtopic=6991 (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6991)
ITC: http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...?showtopic=6992 (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6992)

...I'm ready to get thinking about which hot shoe is gonna do it this year. Instead of making four different threads, let's keep it all in the family here...

2007 is going to be one tough season for NARRC competitors. For example, the month of May has THREE double regional weekends back-to-back and it seems this year is going to be more of a decathlon than a sprint. Winners of the 2007 championships will have to show a combined punch of speed, endurance, and motivation (not to mention money!) and the championships will be well-deserved.

The best of luck to each of you.

ITR
A total crapshoot. Who's gonna run; any rumors? Are the ITS E36s coming out of hibernation as ITR cars? The E36 has the upper hand, simply because it's an already-developed and proven car, so if AutoTechnic chooses to dig them out of the dust heap, they'll get the nod for '07. If Dave Maynard chooses to move to ITR, he'll be one to watch as well.

ITS
I confess I was not paying a lot of attention to ITS this year (kinda busy). Kip VanSteenburg won it with a consistently strong run, with Rob Driscoll tieing his score in the E46 Bimmer. Kip won the championship by virtue of a higher number of wins. Dave Maynard ran the ENTIRE season and was knocking on their door at each event. Rookie Jeff Harding, Jeff Henderson, and Mark Gregory were right there, too!

I don't have any rumors as to who is doing what this year. Will Kip get the bugs worked out on that Miata and run it full time? Is this the year of the E46s coming to fruition? Will Dave Maynard get his program matured fully and beat the snot out of everyone? Or, will Maynard choose to run ITR, instead? What about Jeff Harding: what happens when he gets that Flatout car repaired and gets a few more races under his belt? Mark Gregory is commonly overlooked and always fast, and if he can get consistent he'll be a player every race.

Greg's pick: hard to choose against Kip. If he runs a full season he'll be the favorite, but I simply cannot count out the potential of the AutoTechnic E46s or the Harding/Gregory RX-7s. This one'll be a barn-burner.

ITA
Hah, easy one to pick, you may say. WRONGO!!! First off, your humble author is not going to be making a run for the golden (well, pewter) chalice again in '07, choosing instead to focus on marquee high-visibility events and varying venues. Besides, there's a new factor in NARRC this year: lots of races at LRP. That, my friends, will favor the King Mosquito of LRP, Andy Bettencourt. His new LRP track record may not even stand a year before he breaks it again, he's proven he's fast at NHIS (another numerous NARRC venue). If he can dominate all LRP events and win one or two NHIS events then he'll be 75% of the way to the NARRC championship. Andy gets the nod for '07.

But, who else will be right there? ITA is chock-a-block with candidates. I'll be a spoiler at some faster venues like NHIS, WGI, and Pocono, but it won't be wash: had Mr Hunter bothered to attend Pocono and gotten those important 20 participation points he'd have been in the hunt (har-de-har) much sooner (and would have forced me to run the NARRC to win the championship; how would that have played out for the ARRC?). Rick Benazic in the Integra is hungry to get that chalice back, and illustrated that with a win in '06; had he run a full ITA season he would have been a BIG factor. Tim Klavana had a hard year in '06, but expect him to come back swinging; he's certainly got the talent and the right equipment. The Sentra of Joe DiMinno, the Nissan S13s of the Bogarts, The SatURN of Jeff Lawton, and Mr Ray Lee Chee are all going to be RIGHT THERE fighting for those wins, places, and shows. The Phoenix Victor Gangi is not to be overlooked.

This one's gonna be one HELL of a spectacle; don't miss it.

ITB
Tim Mullen did a GREAT job fighting off the twin tornados of Ray and Stephen Blethan, but I bet they're PISSED now. Hell, they may actually do preventive maintenance on their cars to try and win this championship back! If the Blethans can keep those cars running they're the favorites, but their lack of dependabilty is always a key factor. ITB is no longer a wash; watch for Tim to take the tried-and-true tortoise tactic of consistency in the face of fire, and watch for both of the Blethans to take the hare tactic of fire in the face of consistency.

Of course, never count out Paul Curran. As long as he doesn't break or wreck, he's always up front. That's one trick - and fast - pony, but it's unclear if he's willing to commit to a full season of events. If he does: watch out.

And, what about dark horse Dave Gran? I happen to have it on good faith he's getting top-prep horsepower this year, and he tells me the new chassis actually has more "steel" than "rust"...be afraid, be very afraid...

Work on those cars, guys.

ITC
This one, at first glance, seems an easy pick: Eric Parham. Eric finished up front, or damn near it, in almost every race he chose to attend. There were flashes of brilliance from others such as Brian Megliola (1 win), Ed Funk (2 wins), and Fred White (1 win) but Eric is the only one to run enough races to make a consistent show at it. Even then, he still missed a handfull of races, which could have turned the tide towards someone else.

As in all the others, the winner of ITC will be someone that puts in very good consistent showings and finishes. As long as he's willing to commit to the full season, Eric has the ability to pull it off. But, should he choose to pass on several events, then any of the others could go for the brass ring.

hunter164
12-28-2006, 10:18 PM
I will definitely be running my 300zx in as many races as possible next season in ITR. We'll see who else wants to play come the start of the season! And you better believe the #16 BBR 240sx will be right there from the word go in ITA. :happy204:

Doc Bro
12-29-2006, 08:10 AM
This season will be an interesting one to watch. I do believe ITA will be far and away the best competition.

I think ITS will see an Rx or Miata do it. The e36/e46 crowd may or may not be a factor. They may all go ITR, they may double dip, they may stay ITS. I think that my good friend Dave Maynard wil be a factor in whichever class they're in. They're also dedicated enough to be a factor in both classes. Don't forget their win at the NARRC.

ITB/ITC the usual players fighting it out with the exception of Dave Gran, who needs a car that matches his talent. (I think he's got that this year! Look out!!)

ITA......We'll see. I don't believe a word Greg said. He may do the first 3 events and have 3 wins and put together a full season. I think anyone who has a shot at it should safe-guard against that (read: Hunter). Bettencourt...the only question to answer is will he win ALL the events at LRP or just 100% of them. He's fast as hell at NHIS too. Tim could have been a factor this season if it weren't for the NHIS maylay. Lawton, Gangi, Benazic the Bogarts ( if they're consistent enough to have no DNF's). I think DiMinno is not a reality because he causes too many wrecks!!! :D (Joe, that's for that other comment on another thread before Xmas, that I never commented on...you know the men and the rear thing...jerk!!) And, let's not forget Ben Phillips and his new effort, he's a talented drive and isn't afraid to throw a full on effort together. Sheppard??

HOPEFULLY, extraneous factors like another big wreck won't change the landscape of the season.

I guaran-damn-tee no Z3 will be a factor!!

R

on edit:

If you read Greg's post on another page he's selling the MR2 project....Greg you cagey ba$taahd!!!
A 2-peat??

Jeremy Billiel
12-29-2006, 09:27 AM
I think ITS will see an Rx or Miata do it. The e36/e46 crowd may or may not be a factor. They may all go ITR, they may double dip, they may stay ITS. I think that my good friend Dave Maynard wil be a factor in whichever class they're in. They're also dedicated enough to be a factor in both classes. Don't forget their win at the NARRC.

[/b]

Heck I may have to do more NER events. If there is no one left in ITS than maybe I can "become good" really quick! LOL :P

BobsAuto
12-29-2006, 09:39 AM
As for ITB, based on another thread and I haven't really talked to the boys (Blethens) about it yet, but I think they are doing selected races this year and may not be a contention this year. However, if I can pull enough sponsorship out of the hat for them (something I AM working on), they may definately prove to be a factor. Yes, I agree, Tim has a championship to defend and will definately be one to watch as well as Paul Curran. But, as I have seen in the past, it ain't over til it's over and with May being such a car killer with the 3 back to back doubles, that month will definately show who will have the $$$, fire power, endurance, and time to repair to make the 2007 work for them. That many races back to back lend a definate factor to the equation. I haven't seen a schedule like that since the late 80's and early 90's.

Good luck to all this year. Remember, the most important factor in the equation is to have fun and be safe.

Andy Bettencourt
12-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Ahhh, this is my favorite stuff to do!

ITS
Kip VanSteenburg may have tied in points, but he did so with only 7 finishes (all wins) and a DNF at the NARRC Runoffs. He has to be considered the guy to beat. What car will he drive? When he finishes, he wins. Driscoll and Henderson will be in ITS IMHO. They have way to much blood, sweat, and tears into those E46's. They both will be RIGHT there. The 3D team with Maynard at the wheel will be a factor. they have the SIR figured out and have actually developed the suspension! The Runoffs win was the best race of the weekend. I think he would have gone 1:01's if he didn't have to do so much door to door racing! Wildcards: Mark Gregory lays down some killer lap times and Jeff Harding's second full year will show he is a serious factor at NHIS. Russ Jones had a win and multiple podiums - but both Harding and Jones have to move up on grid at LRP to be a factor for year end. I think ITS is gonna rock. My pick: VanSteenburg

ITA
Rick Benazic rededicating himself to ITA will prove costly for all of us. He ran only 4 races last year and STILL came in 7th. A win and 3 seconds...a trip to Pocono to unleash the Serra power on us will have him an early season points leader. Hunter will also be one to watch. He could probably be the fasted NHIS car in the field and is always a threat at LRP. If he gets to Pocono, he will also be exiting May in the top 3 in points. Timmy K. will get that Teg sorted and he will be in the exact same spot as these other Teg guys. Joe DiMinno has shown huge speed. He is amped up and ready to take on the NARRC. He will shine at Pocono and will place well at LRP - and if he gets any type of track time at NHIS, he will also be right there. Jeff Lawton just needs to pony up for some tires and he is there. I mean THERE. Watch for him to be a car to beat at LRP in 2007. He has the car reliable, has some seat time and it has shown it can really pound the pavement. Wildcards: Brandon Bogart can run with anyone at NHIS if his car is well, running. They have just finished an engine development program that have them putting out huge power numbers. A full assault on the NARRC schedule will be great. Nobody has seen him in the ITA car at LRP in recent history but he has PLENTY of laps there. Victor Gangi will be back in another InTEGra. He was missed last year after the crash but we all know he can win races at either track. ***Now I have never been a big fan of winning anything when the Big Dog leaves the class so I will put this out there to poke him a little: Last year was the lull before the storm in ITA. Some fast cars at the beginninng of their development, fast drivers in new cars, and a multi-time champ out of the picture. I think Greg Amy needs to come back and try and defend. He holds both track records at NHIS and is the fastest car on track at Pocono, but can he place high enough at LRP to secure a 2nd Brass Ring? He has said he didn't have much fun last year...so maybe he is content to sit out and watch the sparks fly. With his MR2 project gone, I think he will be back but it's no guarantee he can repeat with this level of competition and the schedule...The Mosquito will be the car to beat at LRP, will be dead at Pocono and will have to fight for every inch at NHIS, but will be in the mix at the end. "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best" My pick: PICK 'EM

ITB
The Blethens will always be a factor. They run hard but last year had effectively 7 DNF's between them if you count limping around the track just trying to cross the S/F line. Seeing their schedule, it looks like they may not be at enough events to compete. If they do, and they can finish consistantly, I see a Championship in their future. Tim Mullen had one win and 6 podiums last year. He epitomizes speed and consistancy. Tough to beat that combination. Paul Curren ran a limited schedule last year but had a win and 2 podiums. That red Volvo is getting faster every event. Wild cards: Scott Carlson, Dave Gran and Derek Lugar. Each has shown that when they show up, they can win. Just depends on the entries. Will Dave decide he wants to run for the roses by showing up at more than LRP? Will Lugar show up at anything other than NHIS? Will Carlson show up at all? My pick: Mullen

ITC
Eric Parham pretty much dominated last year although he did run 2 more events than anyone in the class. Horton is selling his Rabbit so that leaves Brian Megliola, Ed Funk and Stephanie Funk. Brian is quick and the Funks have some off-season car repair to do. I think Ed can make a serious run at it if he does more than 6 events but...My pick: Parham

JLawton
12-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Yup, don't believe a word Greg says. A year ago he was spouting about only wanting to win one (ARRC) and everything he did was prep for that. Blah, blah, blah. Then, the season started and he went ape shit!!! Either way, he's gonna mess with anyone who has visions of wining the NARRC.

He stepped away from the crack after the ARRC but once he gets a taste of it in 07, my prediction is he'll be kickin' everyone's ass.......again!!

The only other class I think you are all wrong in is ITB. Dave "Book Boy" Gran is going to clean up. A new car, reliable engine........He will be the one to beat!!

My other prediction: ITA is going to be a lot of fun!! :happy204: (OK, so that's a given!!)

lateapex911
12-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Book boys issue isn't one of capability, it's (I think) one f desire. I think he hates NHIS, and might pay to not have to go to Pocono.

He's been a fan of cool tracks and cool events, and spreads his budget accordingly. I bet you'll see him do LRP events, the NASA Hyperfest, maybe some cool events like MO, and the ARRC.

But I bet he'll be fast after the work he's done, and rumour has it that he might have some "special sauce" in the engine from a engine builder whos done pretty well of late. ;)

Doc Bro
12-29-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm gonna get that special sauce too....I even know where to find it. We'll see how good it tastes on German food, it might not just be for sushi!!

R

Greg Amy
12-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Sushi rules, dude; ain't nothing better 'n WASAAAAABE!!

AAAAHHHH!!!

AAaahhhh!

dazzlesa
12-29-2006, 08:11 PM
for ITA i think Andy has what it takes. Rich needs to go to pocono to have a shot. I think it would be a hell of a fight if Greg and i run for the championship and rich makes pocono. Maybe a bloody fight.
it willl take money, time, and a hell of a commitment to pull it off. i know for sure if the 24 beats me at pocono i will be asking to look over something in that car.
I need someone to convince me that i like nhis and i need the added stress of counting points.
good luck to us all!

lateapex911
12-29-2006, 10:37 PM
i know for sure if the 24 beats me at pocono i will be asking to look over something in that car.
[/b]

Hmmmmm! Now it's getting interesting! ;)

(and this from a guy who WISHES somebody would even notice, much less want to take a look at his stuff, LOL)

16v
12-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Most qualifying and race laps watched: Koza by a mile! B)

Greg Amy
12-30-2006, 08:06 AM
i know for sure if the 24 beats me at pocono i will be asking to look over something in that car.[/b]

I am planning to do something about it BEFORE any further wins. We are all tired of it, and I plan to take a leadership role. I'll be looking to my peers for support.

gran racing
12-30-2006, 08:51 AM
ITA

This will be interesting! I think a lot of it will depend upon who wants it most and makes a run for it. Since I think Greg will focus on other events, he'll be in the hunt but won't do it this year. With Rick's NHIS comments, that would make it a bit tough for him. Crazy Joe looks like he's getting stronger and I've heard he's in the process of testing some newly formulated Bondo that I loaned him to further improve his aero and explosion effects. Tim K should be someone else to watch. I'm also waiting for Jeff Lawton to step up and realize the potential he has. No more "maybe top 5 attitude". ;) In the end though, I think Andy B. is the guy to beat.

ITB

I am very excited about next year! There are a lot of things happening with my car and in other areas of my racing program. New engine (which will be expensive to run if it really does run on Monster drinks), a final drive is being installed, custom header from Justin Poole, and a few other goodies. It will be interesting to see what aving Matt Kessler do a set-up then goto a test & tune session will produce. Alright, so I need to learn a bit more about car set-up and no more "ah, the tires have air in them so they're good to go". All that said, Jake was right and Davey will not be in the hunt for the series championship. LRP, Summit Point, Mid-O, the Glen, and RA. Should be fun.

So, who will be going for it? Sounds like Ray & Stephen will not be scheduling their events around the series, therefore they're out (or are they?). Curren is always a contender. I'll be keeping an eye on Dave Zaslow in his Golf, he could make things interesting. Here's a new one to watch out for - Grant McStay is coming to ITB land with a Golf. Will he buy one or build one?

The car that Richie ran at the NARRC, who will be driving that AND is it legal? Will Rick sell his ITB car to someone interested in making a run for it? When all is said and done, I think Tim Mullen has proven the needed consistency to be there in the end. He's my pick.

hunter164
12-30-2006, 09:26 AM
The BBR#16 seems to be an after thought for a lot you in ITA. Can't wait to see those surprised faces...

JimLill
12-30-2006, 09:40 AM
and who will be the new emerging hotshoes?....

Andy Bettencourt
12-30-2006, 09:43 AM
The BBR#16 seems to be an after thought for a lot you in ITA. Can't wait to see those surprised faces... [/b]

Most people are looking at last year...and it wasn't Brandon's best! You know to check my list for the real deal. :P Even if Greg does a full season, it's still a pick 'em. Trust me.

hunter164
12-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Last year was definitely a long one for us, but the good news is we are already very excited this coming one. Hopefully everyone has the chance to run a strong season and it just comes down to those final tweaks and the drivers. I wouldn't wish a year of bad luck like the one we had last year on anyone. It's far more fun to have everyone out there competing and take all the "what ifs" off the table.

Look for a season kick off party in a few months... details to come.

lateapex911
12-30-2006, 11:08 AM
I am planning to do something about it BEFORE any further wins. We are all tired of it, and I plan to take a leadership role. I'll be looking to my peers for support.
[/b]

Well, you know where I stand on such matters, LOL.

Trouble is the 24 seems to be a real moving target. It might be easy shooting, might not.

dominojd
12-30-2006, 08:35 PM
I think DiMinno is not a reality because he causes too many wrecks!!! :D (Joe, that's for that other comment on another thread before Xmas, that I never commented on...you know the men and the rear thing...jerk!!) [/b]

It took ya long enough. :P

Andy Bettencourt
12-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Prediction: Greg won't be able to stay away.

dominojd
12-31-2006, 07:55 AM
Prediction: Greg won't be able to stay away.
[/b]

I already knew that one. :)

Tkczecheredflag
01-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Okay - Thought I would chime in on ITA. Let's assume Greg is stayin' away and going "boutique" racing, (I would love to go that route of touring other tracks, but there is so much yet to learn at home), - but I too don't think he can't subdue his competitive juices and stay away.

In "A" you gotta love Andy B - spends lots of time on development and testing - the right recipe. I will also echo top contenders being Richie H, Jeff L, Rick B, Joe D. I have great video of Brandon B who took a second at NHIS during the "weekend I'd love to forget." His car looked very good (although my front end was rearranged I could not make a pass stick in all my favorite spots) - I wouldn't rule him out.

I share garage space with Shane Hawthorne - remember Shane??? Shane got married last year and put his racing program on hold - if he gets his engine put back together he could be a factor in '07 - Shane is the honeymoon over man???

For myself the future is grim. First, I have a senior in high school and it would appear he is going to start his undergraguate degree somewhere - until he picks a school I suspect I will be doing my share of weekends to the "Ivories" and other private institutions - Last I checked the going rate was $40K/yr - I suspect that will make my pants fit a bit looser. Second, although CPM Motorsports (Carol and Jerry Miller - God Bless You :OLA: - no they didn't sneeze), continue to show support for "our" program, we have yet to sit down and do a budget for '07 - so I can't assume anything going forward. Combine that with the building of the new "C" Beetle and "A" Eclipse (were there other cars too? - it's hard to keep track of my BS) the TEG development seems low on the todem pole ;) .

I predict this (Greg A if he's in), Andy B, Rick B, Richie H, Shane H, Jeff L, Brandon B, and Joe D at the top of the pile. Thank you all for the flatering comments - hope to see you for "a race or two" in '07. My $.02 for what it's worth.

My only other prediction is this - I promise to keep my car "pretty" after she gets out of "rehab" - I heard there are great 12 step programs to insure success against the fatal drug "red mist" - any of the old "S" boys want to come to a meeting with me??

One final comment - the Northeast still offers the "best of the best" - Thank you ALL for great competition and great racing.

gran racing
01-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Allright, I suppose I&#39;ll be nice for your sake Tim. <_<

biovic
01-01-2007, 02:44 PM
for ITA - I agree with most that the top players have already been listed and mentioned (Bettencourt, Hunter, Benazic, Bogart, Diminno, Lawton. (Ruddy got his car back together too, he may be a spoiler for some NH points). As for me, yes I will be out there trying to steal some points, but will be getting a late start due to planning some test and tune days for get used to the new car before dicing it up in a race. And I will likely not be doing much multi-state traveling so will not be going for the NARRC, and more importantly the reason, baby Gangi (1st) due in early May. :D

Happy New Year to all!

Victor
03 ITA

Tkczecheredflag
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Remember Shame? I think many of us do. Ooops, was that a typo?
[/b]
Dave - Be careful here - Like most stories there are usually a couple of versions - I&#39;ve heard one version that curled my nose hairs and left me saying, "WOOOW no way!" I suspect Shane&#39;s pen will keep the Stewards in Impound busy, if he does return- Just a guess.

Not being sure if my house is made of tempered glass I throw no stones.

for ITA - I agree with most that the top players have already been listed and mentioned (Bettencourt, Hunter, Benazic, Bogart, Diminno, Lawton. (Ruddy got his car back together too, he may be a spoiler for some NH points). As for me, yes I will be out there trying to steal some points, but will be getting a late start due to planning some test and tune days for get used to the new car before dicing it up in a race. And I will likely not be doing much multi-state traveling so will not be going for the NARRC, and more importantly the reason, baby Gangi (1st) due in early May. :D

Happy New Year to all!

Victor
03 ITA
[/b]
Victor - Great news on the baby!

Doc Bro
01-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Congrats Victor...the best reason to run a limited schedule.

R

StephenB
01-01-2007, 10:11 PM
I don&#39;t hitnk anyone has come close to the prediction in ITB... In my humble opinion an old timer that is back will win most of the events he attends and from what I understand he is attending most of the events in &#39;07.

If you want to win in ITB you need to be in the LOW 17&#39;s maybe even 16&#39;s at NHIS and mid to low 3&#39;s at LRP. Anyone want to anti up to those times in a B car!

Stephen

dickita15
01-02-2007, 04:49 AM
I don&#39;t hitnk anyone has come close to the prediction in ITB... In my humble opinion an old timer that is back will win most of the events he attends and from what I understand he is attending most of the events in &#39;07.

If you want to win in ITB you need to be in the LOW 17&#39;s maybe even 16&#39;s at NHIS and mid to low 3&#39;s at LRP. Anyone want to anti up to those times in a B car!

Stephen
[/b]
ahh would he be driving a pale colorless stone. :P

RSTPerformance
01-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I think that for ITB it is going to be another year of interesting battles.

ITB has a number of "championship spoilers" in the mix: You have Matt Baldoni and Eli Garrett in the yellow schirroco as well as Derek Lugar and Rob McCabe from Canada whom only race at NHIS and are certainly in winning cars, but without running outside NHIS, can they win the Championship?
At Lime Rock you have contenders such as Dave Gran, Dave Zaslow (watch out for him, he is on the up with multiple "fast lap" races), Micheal Reece, Greg Subtelny Richared Gleason, Travis Washay whom race all the tracks but NHIS, taking them out of the fight for the championship. I certainly hope that my brother and I will also be spoilers at the select events we attend...
Is Jeff Benagh back? Doubtful, but maybe if we bug him enough he will be a spoiler at a few events!!! lol
Richie Hunter, and/or Tom Kelly in the debatably fast Yellow Golf III...
As for championship contenders...
Charles Gurundo, while consistant has not got a win in yet... has he stepped up to the plate over the winter, and will he fight for the title?
While I would like to say that Jason Benagh will be back with a new car and in the front, I think he will have a year of development needed in the new car before he gets some wins.
Nat Wentworth will be a major factor in the championship, and possibly the one to beat this year. He has a fast car and knows how to get around the track quickly... Despite his change from Saab to Vovlo.
Paul Curran has always been strong, and as with Nat he will be a major factor as always in the championship battle.
Certainly Tim Mullen will be a consistancy factor, Not to mention Tim has proven he can whip anyone at NHIS. If he could master Lime Rock, then he stands a chance at holding his championship title.
Scott Carlson, if he returns will as always be a major factor, otherwise he may be a spoiler along with the rest.
but the guy to beat at any track in the Northeast in ITB is certainly this guy... Jim McMahon but, as rumored will he race a full season?
http://www.the16v.com/SCCA/06/nh3/images/DSC_3209.jpg

While I do think that ITB is the best fight for a win at every event, the class does not have the same amount of championship contenders, simply because most of the contenders in ITB don&#39;t race at every track in every event, this makes it a very interesting fight for the few in the championship battle.

I am excited to see who shows up in ITS next year, as those guys run every event and fight hard for the championship. If Kip Shows, My vote is on him!!!

ITA will certainly be an exciting class, but I don&#39;t think that anyone has a chance against Andy B, or Greg the egg.

ITC is a no brainer... While Brian M and the "Funks" deserve a championship battle, Eric Perham has the car for the class... It is time for him to move up to ITB and get what he wasn&#39;t able to before... an ITB title :cavallo:

Raymond "Looking forward to 07" Blethen