PDA

View Full Version : ITB Audi's

RSTPerformance
12-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey, I hae seen a few "new" Audi ITB owners, and I am just wondering who is out their and what races people plan on attending... It would be nice to run with everyone!!!

1. Raymond Blethen: '84 Audi Coupe
2. Stephen Blethen: '84 Audi Coupe

07 planned Races: IT Festival, Mid-Ohio
Cheep Date, New Hampshire International Speedway
NARRC Runoffs, Lime Rock Park
Last Chance Enduro, Watkins Glenn
ARRC Sprint Races, Road Atlanta
07 Wish List: 12 Hours of Summit, Summit Point
Longest Day, Nelson Ledges

Andy Bettencourt
12-28-2006, 05:42 PM
I wonder if Alan will let me grab his for the season...

TurboCGT
12-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Don't know specifically what races Ill be running this year.. Current plans are the liscensing schools at Summit and NHIS. After that I will make everything I can afford. Will be running an 85 CGT.

I know of two other cars on the eastern half of the US planing on running this summer. One is in New England... the driver has been teaching for the ACNA for a number of years.

RSTPerformance
12-29-2006, 05:00 PM
I wonder if Alan will let me grab his for the season...
[/b]

That would certainly be interesting... You will need to let us know if/when this happens. We might just have to get a car together... it would be nice to beat ya!!! :cavallo:

Raymond

Don't know specifically what races Ill be running this year.. Current plans are the liscensing schools at Summit and NHIS. After that I will make everything I can afford. Will be running an 85 CGT.

I know of two other cars on the eastern half of the US planing on running this summer. One is in New England... the driver has been teaching for the ACNA for a number of years.
[/b]

Do you know these cars/drivers? names and pictures would be cool!!!

gran racing
12-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Ray,

So you are planning on sticking with the Audis? Have you put aside some of the other ideas you were thinking about before?

RSTPerformance
12-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Ray,

So you are planning on sticking with the Audis? Have you put aside some of the other ideas you were thinking about before?
[/b]

The ITE build is still an option... we still have all the parts for the build and we are continualy entertaining the idea. The big issue we have right now is a place to build it and $$$. Stephen lost the motor/turbo/injectors in the dually and it cost him his entire seasons race budget to have it all replaced :dead_horse: Thus no races for the early part of the season :(

My other new thought would be to build a 944 for ITA if it were to get reclassed. Not sure I have the money nevermind the place to builld it this year, but maybe next... that is if it gets moved.

Raymond

gran racing
12-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Awe man, that sucks. At the same time if you do all of your planned races and one of the hope to do, that's a pretty busy (and fun) season.

TurboCGT
12-29-2006, 06:29 PM
86 Coupe GT (can't recall his name at the moment) on audiworld has been running a black coupe for a long time with the audi club... and is now building a blue ITB car. Then there is Veeman on here who has an earlier coupe. I think he is somewhere in the middle of the country. Would be interesting to try and get all the coupes together at ohio or something like that. Mabye try and rent a 3+ car wedge or something (I know semple has one).

StephenB
01-02-2007, 10:55 PM
If we could get everyone together to go to midohio that would be awesome! I would definetly pay to have a trophy designed and made that got awarded to the "Fastest Coupe in the country" and we could give it to the Audi that gets the fastest lap of the weekend! I think it would be cool, fun, and maybe start a tradition with all of us crazy audi people!

Raymond is correct in my Truck having major repairs done! It still kinda ran but I am into that preventative maintance thing so I don't get stuck in some remote place... that cost over 10 big ones! So my racing season next year will be VERY limited and I would love to crew and or help out anyone if they need it.

Stephen

BobsAuto
01-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Raymond is correct in my Truck having major repairs done! It still kinda ran but I am into that preventative maintance thing so I don't get stuck in some remote place... that cost over 10 big ones! So my racing season next year will be VERY limited and I would love to crew and or help out anyone if they need it.

[/b]

Ditto from the Mom. I would love to go with Stephen (if he'd have me) to help out with crewing. I'm great with a stopwatch. :D

Steve Mc
01-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Two more in CT.

veeman
01-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Yep, Raymond.... Still here. The coupe will be out again this year. I'll be helping at the IT-SPECtacular since it's my region and might have friends doing the PDX.

I'm working on some improvements for this year and getting a good trailer so events will be easier for me.

http://www.hostdub.com/albums/veeman_album09/ITB_coupe7.jpg (http://www.hostdub.com/veeman_album09:ITB_coupe7)

Elliott (Veeman)
Cincinnati Region.

Thanks to Jeff Loewe for the photo