PDA

View Full Version : Audi Coupe GT Carbotech pads

DogDoc
12-26-2006, 11:19 AM
I have a new set of XP10 compd front Carbotechs that need a home. Sold my car, these showed up after its departure.
[email protected]

RSTPerformance
12-27-2006, 12:41 PM
to bad we have Coupes with the small brakes... :( I would take them in a heartbeat... those are the BEST pads for that car!!!

You may want to try contacting Alan Lorenco, or the McNary family (Steve and Pam). Those are "the other 3" located in the Northeast. Elliott Baverly also has one in the Ohio area, he may be interested, but I forget if his has the small brakes like our or the big brakes in the coupe GT's.

I think the only other IT Audi's besides yours is the one in Colorado (bill's) (but his is also for sale) and Irish Mikes in Florida, but I am not sure what has happened to that car.

Maybe John VanDenburgh has loved his street car enough to start building??? that would be fun!!!

Raymond

TurboCGT
12-27-2006, 10:57 PM
How much... and are they for the 85+ cars?? Have a CGT thats getting caged in the next couple weeks. Have Hawk blues on the car now but could use something different.

RSTPerformance
12-28-2006, 12:11 PM
How much... and are they for the 85+ cars?? Have a CGT thats getting caged in the next couple weeks. Have Hawk blues on the car now but could use something different.
[/b]

PM him... those should be the ones that fit the 85+ GT... sorry I forgot you on the list :( my bad!!! I knew you were building something... Are you still going with ITE and a turbo or ITB? If you are going ITE then I would think you would want to upgrade to the 5000 suspension and then you will likely need different pads.

As an FYI... We have to get our pads made for our cars as none are available for our brakes (ours are smaller than the Coupe GT brakes). Porterfiels (not a fan of that company... long story) are the only company that actually makes our pads. Carbotech has been great to us, and generally pads are about $130 for a set (not including shipping and backing plates)... Not sure if that is the standard price or if the pads are cheaper for "off the shelf" stuff they stock, such as the ones listed above for sale.

Raymond

TurboCGT
12-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Building a 4K turbo Hillclimb/ITE (http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3873&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75)... and have a cgt (ITB CGT (http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11312&highlight=)) I brought back from california that is going to be caged up (by chris howard... i think thats who you guys reccomended) in the next month. Hopefully I will have that car ready for the first liscensing school in march at summit. Spent last summer running Time Trials at thunderhill and infineon with the CGT so hopefully I won't be too embarassingly slow when I make the jump this year. Sent him an email though... will pm too.

RSTPerformance
12-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Sweeeeeeet :035:

Looking forward to seeing you on the track!!!

When it gets closer lets talk... Maybe I can go to Summit with you and crew. I can be easlity picked up along the way and love new adventures :)

Do yo know the date yet?

Raymond

TurboCGT
12-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Weekend of the 25th of March I think... couldn't offer much in the way of housing though... planning on camping. Help would be awsome though.