PDA

View Full Version : Regional Races for Regional License?

wm577
12-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi guys.. I have a race ready Honda prelude (IT-R class). I took the SCCA school last year, but have yet to finish my race requirements. I know we need 2 regional races, but do they have be in 2 different weekends or can this be completed in 1 double race weekend?

Thanks,

Eagle7
12-25-2006, 10:40 PM
One weekend. They must be different sanction numbers, but I'm pretty sure they can't run a double weekend without multiple sanctions.

Andy Bettencourt
12-25-2006, 10:55 PM
One weekend. They must be different sanction numbers, but I'm pretty sure they can't run a double weekend without multiple sanctions. [/b]

It would be marketing fluff if they called it a double without two sanctions but some Regions do it to save the money. A tip-off might be only one set of points for the whole weekend. Make sure your double does have the 2 sanction numbers and you will be all set.

mlytle
12-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi guys.. I have a race ready Honda prelude (IT-R class). I took the SCCA school last year, but have yet to finish my race requirements. I know we need 2 regional races, but do they have be in 2 different weekends or can this be completed in 1 double race weekend?

Thanks,
[/b]
just need two races that have different sanction numbers. can be same weekend. make sure you check that there are two sanction numbers....regions CAN run two races in a weekend under the same sanction number. we are doing that in the wdcr this year for the labor day race weekend.

tom_sprecher
12-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Regions can and do run multiple races under one sanction number. Best advice is RTFS - Read The F***ing Supps - as they will list sanction numbers at the top.