PDA

View Full Version : Spring Rate Suggestions for S14

midngn
12-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Does anyone have a suggestion for the best spring rate front and rear to use with Koni 8611 Double Adjustable dampers for race and track use on a 95 S14?

murphyd
12-23-2006, 06:52 PM
On our S14 we are currently running 400's on the front and 300's on the rear. May consider going to 275's in the rear. Maybe Chris Newberry will chime in. I think those are the shocks that he was running. Chris....

Joe Harlan
12-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion for the best spring rate front and rear to use with Koni 8611 Double Adjustable dampers for race and track use on a 95 S14?
[/b]

What sway bars? What wheels? What tires? A lot goes into that question. MY current setup is 650 front and 450 rear but there was a lot of woek to make that set up work.

slickS14
12-26-2006, 08:04 AM
My reply would be the same as Joes's and I would also ask what weight is the car, what bushing material do you have in the suspension, driving experience, what type of tracks do you run in your area..It really is a little more complicated. All that junk said, I would start with David Murphy's set up and go up from there. I know my car/me didn't like more than 100# split front to rear. I actually had a couple of different set-ups that I liked depending on what type of track I was at such as CMP vs Road Atlanta. I spent the entire first year with the car taking one set up to each track and running the test day and adjusting from there. Good Luck