PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Great Lakes Division Schedule (TENTATIVE)

Bob Burns
12-22-2006, 08:25 AM
The TENTATIVE GLDiv schedule for next year can be found at the GLDiv web site (http://www.greatlakes-scca.org/node/92).

Bob...

R2 Racing
12-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Finally! :OLA:

Thanks Bob.

RacerBill
12-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know what the deal is with a Regional and a National scheduled on 6/2-3 at Mid-Ohio?

C. Ludwig
12-26-2006, 05:43 PM
What is the plan for the regional at the Cleveland GP?

R2 Racing
12-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Does anyone know what the deal is with a Regional and a National scheduled on 6/2-3 at Mid-Ohio?
[/b]
The rumor is there might be a restricted regional for IT cars only on the Friday before. Don't quote me though.

xr4racer
12-26-2006, 11:43 PM
The Cleveland Grand Prix was in case they needed the TCC Vettes again as a support race, which I do not think they will. It could also have something to do wth the MX-5 Cup races that weekend.

matt

downingracing
12-27-2006, 10:18 AM
The rumor is there might be a restricted regional for IT cars only on the Friday before. Don't quote me though.
[/b]

My guess would be a restricted regional during the national weekend... (not a friday event) And don't quote me either :birra:

Racerlinn
12-27-2006, 11:18 AM
A newer "final" schedule is out but not posted yet at the GL website.
Expect to see the Regional/National still at MO on 6/1-2-3.
Expect to see the removal of the resticted Regional at Cleveland on 6/23-24
Expect to see only a National (no Regional) at Gingerman on 8/25-26
Everything else the same at this time.

(oh yeah, expect to see another specialty race at the Double Regional at ORP in May...) :114:

R2 Racing
12-27-2006, 01:37 PM
(oh yeah, expect to see another specialty race at the Double Regional at ORP in May...) :114:
[/b]
Handicap race! I missed it last year and want to do it! I also expect to be taking another second off that record there Steve, so bring your wood screws.

Racerlinn
12-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Handicap race! I missed it last year and want to do it! I also expect to be taking another second off that record there Steve, so bring your wood screws.
[/b]

Yep, and make sure you bring your can of Bondo for T9.....
:OLA:

R2 Racing
12-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Yep, and make sure you bring your can of Bondo for T9.....
:OLA:
[/b]
I didn't need any bondo! I'm giving you a "No major off!" guarantee for this years IRP weekend. :P

downingracing
12-28-2006, 07:16 AM
I didn't need any bondo! I'm giving you a "No major off!" guarantee for this years IRP weekend. :P
[/b]

So Kevin, would you mind starting from the pit lane to give us slow guys a chance? Oh wait - you already blasted thru the field last year after your 'off'... How about giving us all a 1 lap head start?? :P And I'm hoping for rain for that race - and I'd like to lay a bet on the 'No major off!" guarantee if you're planning to drop another second off that record!!! :cavallo:

R2 Racing
12-28-2006, 08:12 AM
So Kevin, would you mind starting from the pit lane to give us slow guys a chance? Oh wait - you already blasted thru the field last year after your 'off'... How about giving us all a 1 lap head start??[/b]
That might be a bit too much. Remember, you've got blingy Koni's now, so maybe just half a lap. :biggrinsanta:

And I'm hoping for rain for that race - and I'd like to lay a bet on the 'No major off!" guarantee if you're planning to drop another second off that record!!! :cavallo:
[/b]
I am not hoping for rain because that just guarantees balled up racecars at that track. Hmmm, I may even take your bet. Since last year, the new rear sway bar setup and pimptastic engine have made the Integra an awfully happy racecar. Maybe Steve won't even pull me down the frontstraight with his bone stock engine this year. :023:

Racerlinn
12-28-2006, 09:25 AM
That might be a bit too much. Remember, you've got blingy Koni's now, so maybe just half a lap. :biggrinsanta:
I am not hoping for rain because that just guarantees balled up racecars at that track. Hmmm, I may even take your bet. Since last year, the new rear sway bar setup and pimptastic engine have made the Integra an awfully happy racecar. Maybe Steve won't even pull me down the frontstraight with his bone stock engine this year. :023:
[/b]

(Continuing thread creep....)
Well, I'll still take that 1 lap (no blingtastics for me, although I did just get a bigger radiator so maybe my right foot won't melt from the heater blasting....)
And I'm even ready for rain since Lunder sold me his cheap set of 14" Borbet's to go with the used Dirt Stockers I acquired.
The one other major deal for me is I'm going to be running new V710's on the front. Hoping that front grip doesn't come back to bite too much. :blink:

Bob Burns
12-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Guys, we have an update from the Scheduling Rep, but it has a small error, so I'm not going to post it until that's cleared up. Should have something in a day or two.

Bob Burns, Site Administrator
Great Lakes Division SCCA (http://www.greatlakes-scca.org)

Bob Burns
12-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Problem has been fixed.

Also, the June date at Mid Ohio has been changed to a Restricted Regional in conjunction with the National on Saturday and Sunday of that weekend.

The final GLDiv schedule for next year can be found at the GLDiv web site (http://www.greatlakes-scca.org/node/92).

Bob...

dropkick317
12-29-2006, 04:42 PM
I see that Nelson is the first race this year. Is anyone planning on showing up, or am I going to be the first one to fire a shot? :P

R2 Racing
12-29-2006, 05:00 PM
I see that Nelson is the first race this year. Is anyone planning on showing up, or am I going to be the first one to fire a shot? :P
[/b]
I've thought about going back to Nelson for about a year now, but I just have such horrid memories from that place that I still have this "Bad idea!" thought it the back of my head. It's been 5.5 years since I've been there (June 2001). Who knows, if it looks like the weather's going to be fantastic and I'm itching to race, I'd maybe show up. I can't say that I'm planning on it right now though.

CaptJon
12-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Kevin, Scratch the itch and make the trip to Nelson's. You won't hardly recognize the place. Grass is kept nice and short, junk vehicles are gone, and they have been paving sections of the track. The only down side is when there is a ton of rain and the paddock area gets EXTREMELY soft under the tires of transporters (but the do bring out the tractor to pull you out for free.) Its well worth the trip regardless.

Jon
ITC Wabbit
NeOhio