PDA

View Full Version : Dear Santa, Please bring .........for my race car....

BobsAuto
12-18-2006, 10:18 AM
:114: :114:

Now I know you are all composing your letters to leave with the milk (uh, brew) and cookies for Santa and many of you have already sat on Santa's lap ( :P ) and told him what you wanted for the race car or racing.....Now it's countdown time to see what you actually got. Just 7 more days........

So, what did you ask for? What did you get????

HONDA69
12-19-2006, 09:45 PM
[b]10 legal horse power :026: cause I'm tired of being run over by Spec Miata's :birra:

NutDriverRighty
12-21-2006, 09:20 AM
What I want:
Dual EGTs or a good air meter so I don't puke a freshly rebuilt 12A.........................again!!

What I'll get:
"You spent HOW MUCH on that car??!!" from my soon-to-be. :018:

downingracing
12-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Asked for: Koni struts & Springs

Got: Koni struts! (Santa came early to my house)

Still waiting on: Springs... I don't think Santa knows what to buy, so i might need to help out. :114:

BobsAuto
12-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Asked for: Koni struts & Springs

Got: Koni struts! (Santa came early to my house)

Still waiting on: Springs... I don't think Santa knows what to buy, so i might need to help out. :114:
[/b]
:114:

Kewl, so good when Santa comes early and with what you want!!!!!

cherokee
12-21-2006, 03:26 PM
What I want:
Dual EGTs or a good air meter so I don't puke a freshly rebuilt 12A.........................again!!

What I'll get:
"You spent HOW MUCH on that car??!!" from my soon-to-be. :018:
[/b]

My wife is pretty good on parts for the car, you just need to tell her you are spending $$ to save your new engine that you spent $$$$$$$$$ on.

charrbq
12-21-2006, 06:00 PM
The new shop for the car..., and, of course, the okay from the doctor allowing me to race after the surgery.

gsbaker
12-22-2006, 03:45 PM
<strike>A new carbon fiber/titanium alloy head and neck restraint.</strike>

Oops. :114:

924Guy
12-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Oh, come on now... let&#39;s be reasonable... :bash_1_:

How about a newer, better, shinier, faster, lighter...

...H+N restraint standard! :blink:

gsbaker
12-22-2006, 05:27 PM
You da man! :happy204: :snow_cool:

R2 Racing
12-22-2006, 06:37 PM
I need a new window net. I think that&#39;s about it. Oh, well, a roof panel that doesn&#39;t resemble a golf ball would be nice too, but I don&#39;t see that happening.

lateapex911
12-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Golf balls are dimpled to make &#39;em faster and fly farther...we might have to DeeQ you for some "performs an illegal function" stuff.;)

(Actually, I never noticed it in Atlanta, so it caouldn&#39;t be THAT bad.)

TurboCGT
12-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Planning to start racing in the spring and asked santa for some safety equipment... then got a box from saferacer today with.... A Sparco sprint 06 suit... some Sparco hurricane gloves... balaclava and some nomex socks... very exciting :114:

gprodracer
12-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Good for you,
Welcome aboard,
and Good Luck with your effort! :026:
:snow_cool: :snow_cool:

Chris Wire
12-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Asked for and received:

MSD Spark Plug wires
AN fittings for oil cooler installation
ARP wheel studs
Dewalt 18v Cordless Drill/Driver

Since I got everything I asked for this year, I guess I need to get a little more aggressive with the wish list. Maybe as soon as the H&N fiasco gets resolved that will be next on the list! Keep writing those letters!

Merry Christmas to all! :biggrinsanta:

924Guy
12-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Nothing so much directly for the car, but got a new Craftsman Al racing jack, a fancy Longacre digital tire pressure gauge, and best of all, the very first edition PUB Racing logo sweatshirt!!!

http://vaughanscott.com/PUB_racing_logo.gif

Gonna put in an order for a whole lot more - gotta cover the rest of the crew!

JamesB
12-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I actually was strucken speachless this year. Part of my family wish list was a GC to help me buy a H&N. My parents bought me one!!!! I was seriously left speachless yesterday as I never expected that it was only a wish list item. So now I can turn that money I saved towards my season entry fees.

charrbq
12-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I got absolutely nothing even remotely usable or referenced to the racing effort or the race car. However, I got all sorts of fancy food things. What were they thinking! Is this a hint! :(

BobsAuto
12-26-2006, 12:03 PM
I actually was strucken speachless this year. Part of my family wish list was a GC to help me buy a H&N. My parents bought me one!!!! I was seriously left speachless yesterday as I never expected that it was only a wish list item. So now I can turn that money I saved towards my season entry fees.
[/b]

\Way cool. Don&#39;t you just love it when the wish list gets real?

Nothing so much directly for the car, but got a new Craftsman Al racing jack, a fancy Longacre digital tire pressure gauge, and best of all, the very first edition PUB Racing logo sweatshirt!!!

http://vaughanscott.com/PUB_racing_logo.gif

Gonna put in an order for a whole lot more - gotta cover the rest of the crew!
[/b]

Love the logo.....really nice.

gsbaker
12-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Well, well. Not all good things arrive via the chimney. Just what we asked for. :emgift:

:biggrinsanta: :cavallo:

x-ring
12-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Well, well. Not all good things arrive via the chimney. Just what we asked for. :emgift:

:biggrinsanta: :cavallo:
[/b]

Gregg, what the hell are you talking about?

gsbaker
12-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Gregg, what the hell are you talking about?
[/b]
UPS arrived with the smoked salmon!!

Jeremy Billiel
12-26-2006, 05:28 PM
I guess I was a good boy as I got a bunch of race car parts

1. Isaac Link, although i need to wait to get it... Good thing its winter time!
2. Extended Wheel Studs
3. nice custom breather kit so I can take out my washer bottle... :P I mean so i no longer need to use my washer bottle!