PDA

View Full Version : All Neon Feature Race

Rabbit07
12-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Waterford Hills (www.waterfordhills.com) is looking to have featured run groups for each of the 6 race weekends this next year. They are looking at the possibility of having an all Neon race group for one of the weekends. Possibly containig Spec Neon, SSC, ITA, and T2. No date set as of right now, but who would be interested in making the tow to Michigan.

How about it Meindl, a rematch at my home track :)

TomThomp14
12-19-2006, 06:56 AM
I will be checking the Waterford Hills website. If they have a feature for Neons and it does not conflict with my races at Summit Point, I will come out. Thanks for the post.
:happy204:

Tom Thompson
ITA Neon
SSC Neon

Rabbit07
12-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Here is an email from the club President;

Hi all,

We are attempting to organize a Neon only showcase race to be held during one of the 2007 Waterford Hills race weekends. For those of you unfamiliar with Waterford see www.waterfordhills.com for information on the track.

We are still working on the exact format, but here is basically what we have in mind:

There will be a stand-alone race group for Neons only – First and Second Gen and SRT4 are all eligible. Spec Neon, ITA, SSC, T2, NASA PT. You will get 1 qualifying session Saturday and 2 races – one Saturday afternoon and one Sunday afternoon. This group would be the last group of the day both Saturday and Sunday and would be the showcased event of the weekend for the spectators.
For the showcase race we would have the freedom to do some unusual things to try and spice up the show – inverted grid for instance – if we wished to.
All of the entrants can also race in the normal race group that they fall into. Here you will get one qualifying session on Saturday and 3 races – one Saturday and two Sunday.
That’s a total of FIVE races for the weekend.
The entry fee has not yet been set, but I would expect it to be around $200 total.

The WHRRI 2007 Schedule is listed below. We are not sure yet which weekend we’ll hold this race on; I would like some feedback as to which weekend would be best.

Race #1 - May 5-6
Race #2 - June 2-3
Race #3 - June 30-July1
Race #4 - July 28-29
Race #5 - August 25-26 ß- This may shift by a week depending on what happens with the Final GLDIV SCCA schedule.
Race #6 - September 29-30

I would like to get as many cars as possible for this event, especially from outside of the Detroit area. At Waterford we always have a strong contingent of Spec Neons (10-12 cars per race), but it would be great to see some new faces and really turn this into a big show.

Please pass this note on to anyone that you know who still races a Neon as well.

Greg Krom
President
Waterford Hills Road Racing, Inc.
Office - 734-464-3811
Email - [email protected]

lateapex911
12-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Here is an email from the club President;

That's a total of FIVE races for the weekend.
The entry fee has not yet been set, but I would expect it to be around $200 total.

[/b]

Ummm...that's not too shabby in the entry dept! How can you anter two groups and have it cost $200?? That means individual is $100?

Wow

Greg Krom
12-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Our normal entry fees for our club members was $145 in 2006. A second entry for the same driver in the same car (ITA and Spec Miata) is only $75. We are expecting the price structure for the showcase race to be similar.

Rabbit07
12-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Jake,

If there is enough interest, there could be an IT7 Featured Weekend!

Waterford is a fun 1.5 Mile track! Not fast like LRP, but extremely technical.

lateapex911
12-21-2006, 05:35 PM
One of our New England guys, is from the WHCC...Dave Youngren....an IT7 guy. Actually, here he has to race ITA.

So if i can run with him, would I be OK out there? ;) Looks like a tough passing track!

Rabbit07
12-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Waterford Hills is a bit difficult to pass on, but that adds to the fun! If you can learn to pass at Waterford you can pass anywhere.

You should try it if you get a chance.

GregM
01-12-2007, 03:51 PM
How about it Meindl, a rematch at my home track :)
[/b]

Alway's up for a challenge. Especially since I'll have the LSD and " IT " prepped motivation under the hood :eclipsee_steering:

Lets see the date's !!!!!!

Waterford Hills is a bit difficult to pass on, but that adds to the fun! If you can learn to pass at Waterford you can pass anywhere.

You should try it if you get a chance.
[/b]

Thats what spare mirror's are made for :lol:

ITAntNeon
01-20-2007, 07:29 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait for the specifics so I can solidify my 07 racing calendar.

Greg Krom
02-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Details are trickling in....

The Neon Showcase event will be September 29/30, 2007 at Waterford Hills.

The event is open to all Neon and SRT4 racers from Spec Neon, ITA, SSC, T2, ITE or NASA PT, even E-Production if anyone has bothered to build one.

Entry Fee will be $145 which includes 3 races in your "regular" class PLUS the 2 showcase races - 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday. If that is too much track time for you, you can enter just the showcase races for a separate entry fee (TBD).

A Friday test day is available as well. Rates are $80 for 12:00-4:00, $60 for 1:00-4:00, $40 for 2:00-4:00 or $20 for 3:00-4:00.

Spread the word to anyone racing a Neon. Lets get as many Neons as we can out for this event.

I'll post further information as it becomes available.

Rabbit07
02-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Sweet, there is a date!

Just to get the smack talk'n started early, I do plan on winning this race over all ! :P

fandozzi
02-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Sweet, there is a date!

Just to get the smack talk'n started early, I do plan on winning this race over all ! :P
[/b]

Anything is possible.

K

ukjonesie
02-10-2007, 05:08 PM
After our little talk at the membership meeting, dont be so sure Chris.... There are a number (ok all) of the SpecNeons going to make that quite a "test" for you :cavallo:

GregM
02-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Sweet, there is a date!

[/b]

Oh now I am going to be there !!!! :happy204: Forget that Topeka crap. I'm gonna bring some spare mirrors too !!!!!!!!!!! :smilie_pokal:

Rabbit07
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh now I am going to be there !!!! :happy204: Forget that Topeka crap. I'm gonna bring some spare mirrors too !!!!!!!!!!! :smilie_pokal:
[/b]

Michigan is closer than Kansas! :D

PSherm
02-27-2007, 08:28 PM
You guys need to venture a little further away from your home track. Unless you're afraid you'd get a severe whuppin' from a certain Kansas Neon... :P

GregM
03-02-2007, 01:31 PM
You guys need to venture a little further away from your home track. Unless you're afraid you'd get a severe whuppin' from a certain Kansas Neon... :P
[/b]

Sherm,
Wow I guess Chris and I will have to each bring a mirror for both sides of you car for when we fly on by :eclipsee_steering: You'll just see two white flashes go on by so don't blink.

Aren't all track's in the midwest flat ??? Really loved that Topeka so much I won't go again........................... :rolleyes:

Come on out to the Northeast and we'll show ya what concrete walls look like at Poc oh No and blue guard rails at the Glen. Lets not forget the check your shorts and don't lift downhill at Lime Rock. Been everhwere from PIR Phoenix & ThunderHill in California to Mosport, Mt Tremblant ( the old scary version ) and all the way down to Homestead Miami and Daytona. Guess its time to venture to the heartland.

77ITA
06-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Waterford Hills is an interesting track... I'm looking forward to coming up and racing with you all!

Rabbit07
06-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Please bring them out!

It will be fun to have all the Neon Racers in one location for a weekend. :birra:

dwaleke
08-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Assuming the SpecNeon doesn't get crashed up at Nationals and I don't blow up the motor I plan on attending the 'ALL NEON' extravaganza with everyone.

Rabbit07
08-29-2007, 12:36 PM
It's been a while and this race is less tha a month away. Can I see a real show of hands here as to who is coming?

I for one am voting that we run a n inverted field from Sat Qual, and then run the Sunday Race from Saturdays finishes. It's going to be our race, so we can do with it as we want. Just for fun All Neon Shoot Out!! :blink:

Lets have those I's

Here is the entry form
http://www.waterfordhills.com/forms/regform07.pdf

TomThomp14
08-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I am planning on attending. I understand sound at Waterford Hills is more restricted than other tracks. My ITA neon runs 97 or 98 decibels at Summit Point, which has a limit of 103. I have never had any problems at Beaverun, Nelson Ledges, or VIR. I am not running a cat, but do have a small muffler at the rear. Any advice on whether I may have problems with sound would be appreciated.

Tom Thompson
1997 ITA Neon

Rabbit07
08-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Tom,

Waterford's Db limit is 75 at the property line. My car is usually about 97-99 with just a single cherry bomb in the exhaust. What I do when I run at Waterford is install a second muffler and it seems to bring it in line. Others willl use a super trap end to tune the noise. Then there are those who lift when they go by the sound tower :).

There will be many people there that would be so happy to have someone travel from so far that getting someone to help you with a solution while at he track should be easy. There is a Friday test from 12-4, it would be a good idea to show up for that and get a sound reading. Besides, speed doesn't come quickly at Waterford due to it's complexity of turns.

See you there! :happy204:

Rabbit07
09-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Anyone else coming?