PDA

View Full Version : Watkins Glen Events

gran racing
12-12-2006, 10:40 AM
I'd like to do a race at the Glen this year. Are there any weekends when car counts are typically higher than others? The Sept. 15 & 16 double event is tempting.

What are others plans for the Glen this year?

itracer
12-12-2006, 11:52 AM
I went to the July one a couple of years ago. It was a Marrs, Nyserc, and maybe NARRC event. It was pretty fun.

Jason

mlytle
12-12-2006, 12:12 PM
I went to the July one a couple of years ago. It was a Marrs, Nyserc, and maybe NARRC event. It was pretty fun.

Jason
[/b]

the one in july will not be marrs event in 2007, so car count will probably be down a bit...:)

benspeed
12-12-2006, 01:12 PM
My favorite is the Fun One in September - it's a double and usually very well attended. The July Sprints is great also - this year there was a test day on Friday so you get tons of time to warm up to the track before you qualify Sat, race Sunday. It was also NARRC points - not sure if it will be in '07.

JohnRW
12-12-2006, 02:24 PM
September 'Fun One' double. Scheduled test day on Friday, "Long Course" on Saturday, "Short Course" on Sunday. Massive Pig Roast & fixins for all on Saturday night. Generally 325-350 cars show up.

But I'm biased.

gran racing
12-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Any idea what the typical double entry fee costs? Also, what's a test day at the Glen typically cost?

R2 Racing
12-12-2006, 03:15 PM
I want to come up and do the Fun One this year. If the GLDiv schedule ever comes out, I'll have to see how it fits in. I wanted to do it last year but stupid me, I went and ran the NASA nationals instead. :bash_1_:

It's only about a seven hour drive from Columbus and I've been there a couple of times, but never with the Integra.