PDA

View Full Version : Chris Newberry's ITS 240sx

rob22
12-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Chris Newberry's ITS 240 SX now resides in Orlando an will be raced in the Central Florida Region by new
racer, Randy Effron. Randy recently completed the Panoz school at Sebring and will make his debut at Sebring January 6 and 7 in the regional races that accompany the winter nationals.

Chris' well prepared 240, surely one of the best ITS Nissan's in the country, will give Randy the oppportunity to concentrate on learning to race rather than sorting out a car.

Bosco

dspillrat
12-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Smart purchase by Randy.
Fast, well built car, look forward to seeing it back on the track.

BTW ...I would be driving that car in 07 if not for my love affair with the 240-z, that or my need to be tinkering/fixing stuff all weekend.

JeffYoung
12-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Excellent choice on that car. Well built and fast. Hope it makes it north to Roebling/VIR/CMP.

Jeff

slickS14
12-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey Jeff, Are you going to the Driver's school at RR in Feb? I was thinking about coming down to instruct, encouraged the new owner to come and play at a SCCA school versus Panoz. It will be valuable for the track time, flagging info, etc.. Hopefully I can make a cameo or two later this year with him in the 240 to keep the license current and be a menace to you guys still. I REALLY like CMP and RR in that car...I'm about to cry so I'll sign off...

Ron Earp
12-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Nice choice, Chris' car was always a favorite of mine. If I'd not gone down the ITS road with the JH that would have been a top pick, plus, his is a top build and I've seen it many times mucho fast. Good luck with it and I am glad she has a home! Is she staying black and green?

Ron

slickS14
12-19-2006, 08:30 PM
I don't know what the color scheme will be, the new owner hinted that he will be changing it up a bit. Randy, the new owner, is a nice guy and I'm sure will be a good competitor. I understand that he is a champ in the business world and that usually carries over to the track. Hope to see you at RR... I like the "mucho fast" compliment...hahahaaa..did you know that yo hablo Espanol tambien? BTW, I was one of the guys that hoped for 160 RWHP on your JH...