PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Mtorsports Park-status?

lateapex911
12-08-2006, 01:37 PM
I know that we had some reports that needed to be gotten, and some benchmarks that needed to happen in 2006-

So...where do we stand???

dickita15
12-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Track design is being tweaked to avoid wetlands as their delineations are finalized. A lot of information should be available at NER’s annual meeting in January.

By the way did you know they have GPS survey equipment that in good to 3” in the open and a foot under dense hemlocks.

This week alone I have met with the full NTC committee, the NER BOD and the civil engineers once each, and the environmental engineers three times.

RSTPerformance
12-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Track design is being tweaked to avoid wetlands as their delineations are finalized. A lot of information should be available at NER’s annual meeting in January.
[/b]

Anychance to get preliminary layouts/updated info on the website?
http://www.palmermotorsportspark.com/

Just wondering;

Raymond "This may be a huge attraction to the NER anual meeting!!!" Blethen

16v
12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
http://www.palmermotorsportspark.com/

[/b]

geez you guys want everything!! :114:

dickita15
12-09-2006, 05:39 AM
[/b]

no, not at this time

lateapex911
12-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Track design is being tweaked to avoid wetlands as their delineations are finalized. A lot of information should be available at NER's annual meeting in January.

By the way did you know they have GPS survey equipment that in good to 3" in the open and a foot under dense hemlocks.

This week alone I have met with the full NTC committee, the NER BOD and the civil engineers once each, and the environmental engineers three times.
[/b]
Wow! 6 meetings? Thats like having a job!

I seem to recall we had a contract in place where we needed to make a deposit/payment by a certain date, or we could extend that date if we wanted, but we'd have to make an extra payment.

Are we close to that date? Are the needed permits falling into place?

Should I stop asking questions and just come up to the meeting?

;)

(Like I don't know the answer to THAT one, LOL)

Andy Bettencourt
12-10-2006, 11:06 AM
After all the hard work, time and money, PLEASE let it flow like a real road course!!! May the development/designer/wetland God's be with us!!!

WGI, LRP, Mid-Ohio...watch out!

Jeremy Billiel
12-10-2006, 01:35 PM
After all the hard work, time and money, PLEASE let it flow like a real road course!!! May the development/designer/wetland God's be with us!!!

WGI, LRP, Mid-Ohio...watch out!
[/b]

There are 2 track proposals based on the wetland issue. In either case, lets remember what the ultimate goal is...

To have a place to play!

We just don't know.... LRP or NHIS could be gone tomorrow.

I feel as though a longer course will be significantly better from a marketability, business and driver perspective, but we will have to wait to hear from the wetland gods.

Andy Bettencourt
12-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Doesn't have to be long - just good! LRP is a postage stamp relatively speaking.

dominojd
12-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Doesn't have to be long - just good! LRP is a postage stamp relatively speaking.
[/b]

Andy Like those short tight courses. Wonder why? :D

Scott Koschwitz
01-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Dick, can you share any further information on the status of the track?

In the most recent Pit Talk, I saw the minutes from the Board of Directors meetings, when the new track was discussed. Now that we're past the holidays, I figured more progress may have occurred. I may not be able to attend the NER annual meeting to get further information.

The bottom line question for everyone, I guess, is whether we'll be able to to race on it in 2008. If you can provide any further information, that would be great.

Thanks.

Greg Amy
01-20-2007, 05:12 PM
There was significant discussion today in two different meetings at the NER convention (which cost nothing and was in Rocky Hill CT...hint, hint...)

Bottom line: good things are happening, but too much detail to type in a forum. Let 'em do their job and watch Pit Talk for details.

dickita15
01-22-2007, 06:14 AM
The bottom line question for everyone, I guess, is whether we'll be able to to race on it in 2008. If you can provide any further information, that would be great.
[/b]
Scott I guess I will have to admit that is optimistic. If all the permits are achieved as projected in the next few months it looks like it will construction will take 18 months. Save a date for 2009.

lateapex911
01-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Dick, am I correct in my thinking that we have several basic benchmarks:

Site conquest.
Basic engineering
All permits approved to close deal
Fund raising
Construction
Operation.

My understanding was that fundraising would be semi contingent on permits being approved.

IF the permits are granted, how does the fund raising aspect look? Are there partners ready to join? Is there a large amount outstnading that will need to be raised? How formidible is this aspect?

Greg Amy
01-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Dick, any change the region would consider uploading Doug's Powerpoint presentation from Saturday to the track's web site? That would probably go a long to answering question from those that weren't there.

Jeremy Billiel
01-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Jake - For a small $1 million dollar donation we will tell you all the details Jake. :happy204: :happy204:

dickita15
01-23-2007, 06:32 AM
No we will not be putting that presentation on the website. The track website is not designed for you. One of the huge problems with showing up in a town and explaining what we are building as soon as you say race track you need to spend the next 20 minutes explaining what it is not. This is not Nascar, this is not drag racing, this is a participant driven facility that does not draw big crowds or lots of traffic. The website is a tool for locals and local media to get accurate answers to question about what we are trying to build. Our media coverage has been amazingly accurate and I credit the website for this.

Jeremy, I think you are selling the answers too cheap. :P

JohnRW
01-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Site conquest.
[/b]

Mental image: Dick dressed as a Viking, horns & all. Fresh off the longboat, swinging a battle axe.

Very disturbing.

Jeremy Billiel
01-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Mental image: Dick dressed as a Viking, horns & all. Fresh off the longboat, swinging a battle axe.

Very disturbing.
[/b]

That is hilarious... Thanks John for the laugh this morning!

RSTPerformance
01-23-2007, 02:13 PM
No we will not be putting that presentation on the website. The track website is not designed for you. One of the huge problems with showing up in a town and explaining what we are building as soon as you say race track you need to spend the next 20 minutes explaining what it is not. This is not Nascar, this is not drag racing, this is a participant driven facility that does not draw big crowds or lots of traffic. The website is a tool for locals and local media to get accurate answers to question about what we are trying to build. Our media coverage has been amazingly accurate and I credit the website for this.

Jeremy, I think you are selling the answers too cheap. :P
[/b]

Dick-

I comend you and the rest of the staff for doing this "the right way." Your comments about the website are exact. When it is time, we will learn how/what the plans are for the track. First we need a place for it and all necessary permits.

Raymond "I hope 20087 brings us lots of new projects" Blethen

gran racing
01-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Raymond "I hope 20087 brings us lots of new projects" Blethen [/b]

That's an awefully long time from now Ray. :P

Scott Koschwitz
01-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks, Dick. That answers my core question. So, 2009 it will be (I pray).

I'd rather the track be designed and built well for 2009 rather than hastily put together for 2008. We intend to have that track around for a long time. I hope to watch my grandson's first race on that track (my SON is now almost four years old).

zchris
01-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Shhhhhh! This is the Secrecy Car Club of America and we don't want to let anyone know we exist. I'd say great job to all involved but I have no idea what they are doing. Soooo, to all of us not in that private inner circle, you'll just have to wait till, ,some day.
Chris

Andy Bettencourt
01-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Shhhhhh! This is the Secrecy Car Club of America and we don't want to let anyone know we exist. I'd say great job to all involved but I have no idea what they are doing. Soooo, to all of us not in that private inner circle, you'll just have to wait till, ,some day.
Chris [/b]

Or you could, as a member of the club, attend the club function and get the info. There is a time and a place for everything...the time and the place for the update was at the Annual Meeting. I am sure a more public dissertation will be appropriate soon. :birra:

dpc
01-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Andy, you have been around Dick to long, but you are right. All in do time. dave

Andy Bettencourt
01-30-2007, 09:23 AM
It's a club. It's about participation. ;)

zchris
01-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Andy, I'm sitting here chuckling cause somehow I knew you'd be the first to respond. It does not matter to me when I find out about the new track. I just think its funny about the shroud of secrecy. :D See you at the races.
Chris

gran racing
01-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Chris,

I wouldn't call it secrecy. Often times when things are released in a broader forum, they quickly become misinterpereted. I consider it more of ensuring accurate information stays with the town's and other decision makers. I am very curious to learn more, but would rather the region be on the careful side with things. We're so close!

Andy Bettencourt
01-30-2007, 10:16 AM
The uninformed call it 'secrecy', the informed call it smart. You get to be informed by participating. The world gets to be informed when everything is in cement. Quite simple really.

:rolleyes:

lateapex911
01-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Yea, as far as I am concerned, if it makes the process smoother, tell me NOTHING! LOL.