PDA

View Full Version : Would the Prelude be a competetive ITA ride?

iambhooper
12-07-2006, 07:03 AM
With all the talk of the Fiero and the MR2 in ITA, I was curious about the Prelude. Is anyone racing them? How are they performing? What about parts... is stuff available for the 88-91 cars? Which one is the one of choice?

It just looks a bit interesting.

hoop

R2 Racing
12-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Need more info. Which models, which years, competition weight? I can't say I know much of anything about any ITA Preludes. I know that the 4th gen ('92-'95) Prelude S is in ITA. Same stock power as the '90-93 Integra's but increased torque. Those cars are pigs though, so I imagine it would be heavy, but I have no idea what the competition weight is on them.

iambhooper
12-07-2006, 12:17 PM
the ITCS has the 88-91 Prelude at 2550 lbs. the 90-91 car was available with a 2.1L motor and vented brakes. the later car was about 14 HP and 135 lbs of torque. the thing that's intruging about these cars is the have double A arm suspensions, makes me think they would have incredible handling.

the weight is equal to the Fiero, HP is slightly more and TQ considerably less... but the handling characteristics might make up the difference.

the earlier car (83-87) is in ITB, and I know there is someone on the forum racing one.

hoop