PDA

View Full Version : Shock Package?

IPRESS
12-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Next on my list of a quest for a great car to offset the old "lack of talent problem". I am now seeking a better shock package (better then the SM Bilsteins I use now.) I have upgraded the springs, bearings, and bar, now I guess omes the hard part. I know you can go crazy in this area, but IT doesn't seem like a crazy class. Any ideas on a really good package that will do the job without costing a ton?

RSTPerformance
12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
After you have figured out the optimum spring rates from your detective work taling to others, I would strongly suggest talking to Bilstien and getting "the right" shocks for the car.

Just out of curiosity whats wrong with the SM spec'ed Bilstiens?

Raymond

ddewhurst
12-05-2006, 06:02 PM
***On a serious note do you or any of the other SM drivers know where they put all the revalved SM shocks confiscated at the runoffs. If we could buy those on the cheap, we could make a small fortune. Word is that there is a serious revalving production shortage and that a few SMs may be forced to start the 07 season in legal configuration.***

Mac or anyone else know anything about confiscated SM shocks ^ at the Runoffs? I was there & heard nothing. I did see the tech shed full of SM at what seemed like a daily basis.

Have Fun ;)
David

lateapex911
12-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Whats Bob running...we were chatting right next to his car..did you check it out/?

IPRESS
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Jake,
Maybe Ohlins is what I recall? Looked expensive. (Bob's budget for racing and mine are clo$e.) :D I think suspension is where he was hoping to find faster times.
Raymond,
I am not sure the heavier springs Andy sugggested and I am using are mated very well to (SM revalved shocks.)
David,
Not sure about the Tech Booty from Topeka. :P

x-ring
12-06-2006, 08:33 AM
I don't know what becomes of all the parts we took.

I assume the reason the club keeps them is so they don't go back out on track the next day.

I do know that by Sunday there were two large plastic tubs full of non-compliant parts in the back room. Not just shocks, although they are the bulkiest.

If Jeremy could sell all that stuff to IT drivers, we could finance a hell of a tech party after the runoffs...

ddewhurst
12-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks Ty.......

x-ring
12-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Maybe search ebay for the user ID jtSCCAtechdude ?

<_<

cmaclean
12-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Mac, I&#39;m going to run the SM Bilsteins revalved to work optimally with the springs. My only concern is the available shock travel with the Bilsteins. I don&#39;t know if Bilstein will shorten the shocks for you. Someone certainly will since they showed up at the Runoffs. Are you running Delrin bushings? I plan to based on talking to guys who know a lot more than me :)

x-ring
12-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I don&#39;t know if Bilstein will shorten the shocks for you. Someone certainly will since they showed up at the Runoffs. [/b]

Who said shortened shocks showed up at the Runoffs?

cmaclean
12-06-2006, 05:13 PM
http://forum.specmiata.com/cgi-bin/ultimat...3169;p=2#000068 (http://forum.specmiata.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=003169;p=2#0000 68)

x-ring
12-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Well, I don&#39;t know who Chump is, or how he would know, but I didn&#39;t see any shortened shocks at the Runoffs, and I was looking.

Believe whomever you choose, but before you decide have a look at September&#39;s FasTrack, page 48, third column, about three quarters of the way down, and see if you see any names you might recognize. :D