PDA

View Full Version : IT Festival at MO

Pages : 1 [2]

Edwin Ho
12-30-2006, 03:18 PM
While I love the idea of running Spec Neon as an individual class it is something that we cannot incorporate into this years event.[/b]

Well, it doesn't hurt to ask. I don't recall which regions did it, but at any Mid-O regional that I have been to in the last couple of years, they have recognized SN as a seperate class as long as there were a few cars.

BTW, I believe that SN originated at Waterford Hills (http://www.waterfordhills.com/index.htm) and was later adopted by NASA. And until this year, all the SNs in CENDIV were from Waterford. Just a little plug for my home track. It's little known, but has trained many top IT (and other) drivers: Mosers, Beyersdorf, Huffmasters, Botha, Nine, Ching, etc.

Ed.

dickita15
12-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Also understand that SN is a NASA class, and not even a SCCA regional class.
[/b]
i am pretty sure NYSRRC allows spec neon

TAC
12-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Ed,

Thanks for the positive spirit! I'm sure if we are successful in 2007 we will look to expand days , classes and race groups in 2008!

Todd

Bob Burns
12-31-2006, 06:57 AM
It comes down to the rules I must follow...[/b]
Rules?

Since this event cannot be part of the Area 4/Great Lakes Division Regional Championship Series (because not all series classes are eligible for this event), you are not bound by the rules of that series. For that matter, we don't even know their rules at this point and probably won't until the March meeting in Toledo. For all we know, they may decide to include SN this year.

Since this event is going to be a Restricted Regional, you can include non-GCR classes as long as you publish the preparation rules for those classes in the Supps or the Supps refer to a readily-accessible body of rules.

Todd, I'm not trying to be argumentative. I just don't understand what rules you think are keeping you from including SN. I understand the region's desire to emulate the ARRC, but you are operating in a different part of the country than Atlanta Region. SN seems to be growing in popularity around here and I think we, the racing community in Great Lakes Division, may want to think twice about ignoring the class as such actions tend to drive potential competitors to other sanctioning bodies. Maybe SN is not big enough to bother with. If so, that's fine. But don't write them off because of "rules".

Who is going to be Chief Steward for this event? Is that person on-board with what the region is planning? Because this event is outside the norm, I think it would be a good idea to get an experienced steward involved now to provide some guidance to the region. It might help avoid complications down the road. The ARRC has benefited from the steady hand of Sue Roethel as Chief Steward through the years and I think that guidance has paid off.

Bob...

TAC
12-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Sorry, "rule" may be too harsh a word. The advice that has been given to me by the race committee and our Tech inspectors is that this year we go with classes that are recognized by SCCA either on a National or Regional level. The main reason:

Pre and Post Tech.

The Cincinnati Region is blessed to have Three highly experienced Tech inspectors. One of the things we are striving for is inspections that have a purpose. The inspectors feel to do this the first year we must stick to what we know. After that we can review and expand.

Todd

*Note: The Chief Inspector for Cincinnati Region asked me to invite anyone with Tech Experience that is interested in coming to Mid-Ohio Aug 10th-12th . Just let me know I'll pass the info along.

lateapex911
12-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Sorry, "rule" may be too harsh a word. The advice that has been given to me by the race committee and our Tech inspectors is that this year we go with classes that are recognized by SCCA either on a National or Regional level. The main reason:

Pre and Post Tech.

The Cincinnati Region is blessed to have Three highly experienced Tech inspectors. One of the things we are striving for is inspections that have a purpose. The inspectors feel to do this the first year we must stick to what we know. After that we can review and expand.

Todd

*Note: The Chief Inspector for Cincinnati Region asked me to invite anyone with Tech Experience that is interested in coming to Mid-Ohio Aug 10th-12th . Just let me know I'll pass the info along.

[/b]

That sounds reasonable. I am imprssed with the seriousness that you appear to be bringing to the table with reference to tech.

Greg Amy
12-31-2006, 12:56 PM
*Note: The Chief Inspector for Cincinnati Region asked me to invite anyone with Tech Experience that is interested in coming to Mid-Ohio Aug 10th-12th . Just let me know I'll pass the info along.[/b]

Todd, I'm a Divisional scrutineer, and I'd be glad to help as needed. I would, of course, have to recuse myself for ITA... - GA

Rabbit07
12-31-2006, 04:07 PM
Uh oh, you may have offended them! :P

Both the DOHC and SOHC Neons are rightfully in ITA and if they come, they should be running there.
[/b]

Sure, put us in ITB and watch us clean everyones clock! :D I have an ITB Mustang and it is atleast 2 seconds a lap slower than My Neon at every track I have had them both at.

I plan on showing up for this race, I'll make it my once a year trip to Mid-O to get my but kicked by; Moser, Moser, Botha, Ruck, ect. If I can get someone to help me tow an extra car down I may even bring both cars?

Kevin, That Avitar Rocks!

R2 Racing
12-31-2006, 04:32 PM
[/b]
Ehh, I wish I would've climbed up on top of the car. :P

924Guy
01-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Sure, put us in ITB and watch us clean everyones clock! :D I have an ITB Mustang and it is atleast 2 seconds a lap slower than My Neon at every track I have had them both at.

[/b]

2 seconds faster? Cool, then maybe you can keep up with me and Doug! :lol:

I second the motion on the avatar!

Rabbit07
01-01-2007, 10:35 AM
2 seconds faster? Cool, then maybe you can keep up with me and Doug! :lol:

I second the motion on the avatar!
[/b]

Watch it smarty! I'll be back, with a faster, lighter, and better Mustang this year! :unsure:

If you remember, that last time I drove My Mustang at WHRRI your Porsche wasn't any quicker.

924Guy
01-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah, but I've been working on it since, and gained two seconds... heh heh...

Maybe its time to start another thread, for smack-talking!!! :lol:

RSTPerformance
01-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I think we, the racing community in Great Lakes Division, may want to think twice about ignoring the class as such actions tend to drive potential competitors to other sanctioning bodies. Maybe SN is not big enough to bother with. If so, that's fine. But don't write them off because of "rules".

Bob...
[/b]

Good advice/comment Bob... I think you are 100% correct, and you point out a very good reason why many people are not interested in SCCA, but rather other sanctioning bodies.

My suggestion might be, that SN be allowed, and minor tech inspections are made... be upfront and honest with the class organizers that tech will not be a concern.. I am sure the class organizers would be more than willing to help. I only say that this class should be allowed simply because it seems to have a following (or does it?) and it would not effect anything by means of class groupings... IE: They are in reality ITA cars, so just run them with em, and get a couple extra trophies.

Also my suggestion for the SN people is to run in a group, and compete together. Get your own trophies and award them even if the region doesn't recognize it.

Raymond

TAC
01-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi everyone,

If the concern is about not including classes and having them turn to another race organization then the whole idea of a I.T. / Spec festival is for nothing. We cannot include every class that wants to join in the fun. If we do this in the first year then we may as well go back to a Double Regional and add back the 30 + SCCA classes we are also not inviting and hope for the best. As I said, succeed the first year, review and GROW.

We are defeating the whole purpose of the event if we start suggesting classes show up and hand out their own trophies. Aren't we????

Todd

RSTPerformance
01-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Todd... you are correct, thanks for keeping focus...

SN guys/gals... come run in ITA, go for gold in ITA and also have your own "on the side" crowns for fastest Neons... You will have fun!!!

I remember back when we had a few more RX-7's in ITA in the Northeast, thier was a "mazda" throne (folding chaire) that the fastest mazda driver was able to sit in for the "after race socials." They were like a cult, but had a good time, and it didn't effect anything other than the ego's of a few ;)

Raymond "we all have our own side races anyhow don't we?" Blethen

TAC
01-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I was curious if anyone has decided to run ITR class this year?

Todd

dj10
01-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I was curious if anyone has decided to run ITR class this year?

Todd [/b]

Hell yes! B) There seemed to be a lot of interest anyway, I can't give you a count. All the BMW's that didn't run last year may be running ITR this year plus who ever decides to build a ITR car. If there are any events in June @ Mid-Ohio, you might see a few.

Eagle7
01-04-2007, 09:18 PM
If there are any events in June @ Mid-Ohio, you might see a few.
[/b]

June 2-3.

TAC
01-04-2007, 10:53 PM
I'll be flagging at a corner that weekend so I'll keep my eyes open. LOL

dj10
01-05-2007, 05:42 PM
June 2-3.

[/b]

Is this a for sure date for Mid Ohio? It's not listed @ the SCCA regional schedule. This would be a great time to start on my Mid O setup.

Todd, if your there I'll try and look you up.

Dan

Dave Burchfield
01-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I'll be there to pick you up if/when you run off the track also. This may be the National that OVR is adding a restricted regional to.

Dan,

Check the National schedule and see if it is the OVR race.

dj10
01-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I'll be there to pick you up if/when you run off the track also. This may be the National that OVR is adding a restricted regional to.

Dan,

Check the National schedule and see if it is the OVR race. [/b]

Well I feel better knowing someone will give me a lift or a tow :D . Just a little story, last year I was @ Mid O and was going to do a race with NASA, 1st practice session after 2 laps, I have mechanical problems so I pull off the track @ 9 or 10 (2nd right before thunder valley). I sit in my car waiting for someone to come. After about 5 minutes the next group come screaming around the track and I'm sitting like an asshole in my car! I finally get out of the car and do everything except throw rock at the cars and the corner workers, after about 10 minutes of jumping around, screaming and waiving my arms like a wild man, finally the tow truck shows up and they don't stop the practice, they just pull me out onto the track and back to the pits!

Anyway, all I could find was something about a restricted regional, and no details.

Dan

TAC
01-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Dan,

Sounds good. I think the OVR June 2nd-3rd date is still in the planning stages but they should have things settled soon.

Todd

Eagle7
01-05-2007, 08:22 PM
This may be the National that OVR is adding a restricted regional to. [/b]

Sorry, I didn't notice that when I posted. The GLDIV lists it on the schedule as a restricted regional with the National. I don't know any details. Run by OVR.

downingracing
01-07-2007, 03:51 AM
Working on the details for the Restricted Regional during the National @ Mid-Ohio June 2-3. Will be a very Restricted Regional. Only enough time for 1 (maybe 2, but probably 1) Regional run group(s). With the large decline in National entries (since the Run-Offs move), we have a little time and are trying to put something together to give "some" the chance to run another weekend @ Mid-Ohio. I'll post additional info. once we get it all figured out. ;)

dj10
01-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Working on the details for the Restricted Regional during the National @ Mid-Ohio June 2-3. Will be a very Restricted Regional. Only enough time for 1 (maybe 2, but probably 1) Regional run group(s). With the large decline in National entries (since the Run-Offs move), we have a little time and are trying to put something together to give "some" the chance to run another weekend @ Mid-Ohio. I'll post additional info. once we get it all figured out. ;) [/b]

This is absolutly amazing that there are NO SCCA events before the Cinncy race in August!!! I sure hope there will be a test day before the event.

gran racing
01-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Dan, they're doing a PDX event for us and others to get some track time.

TAC
01-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Hi everyone,

The PDX budget has been presented to the Race Committee and will be added to the weekend fun as proposed. Next step is to present the whole package ( PDX/ I.T. SPEC festival) to the BoD at the January meeting on the 16th. I'll let you know as more information becomes available.

Todd

RacerBill
01-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Hi everyone,

The PDX budget has been presented to the Race Committee and will be added to the weekend fun as proposed. Next step is to present the whole package ( PDX/ I.T. SPEC festival) to the BoD at the January meeting on the 16th. I'll let you know as more information becomes available.
Todd
[/b]

Great news! We'll be there! :eclipsee_steering: :026: :happy204:

dj10
01-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone,

Todd [/b]

Todd, or someone, please explain what a PDX is? I was a driving instructor for the Porsche & BMW driving schools, is this something like them? If so I'd rather have a test day.

Greg Amy
01-09-2007, 08:55 AM
"Performance Driving eXperience." Same as HPDE.

dj10
01-09-2007, 10:16 AM
"Performance Driving eXperience." Same as HPDE. [/b]

Are you allowed to pass the slower cars in turns? If not, this does absolutely nothing for setting up a race car.

R2 Racing
01-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Are you allowed to pass the slower cars in turns? If not, this does absolutely nothing for setting up a race car.
[/b]
I would seriously hope that there would be a run group or two made up of only "SCCA log booked" racecars with competition license holding drivers with open lapping/passing.

shwah
01-09-2007, 04:52 PM
[/b]
Well it might not do everything you would want, but if it does absolutely nothing to help you set up a race car to drive it at speed around that race track, you need to work a bit on your setup process.

I agree that true practice sessions can teach you more about a track, but there is a difference between not ideal and totally useless.

dj10
01-09-2007, 05:04 PM
I agree that true practice sessions can teach you more about a track, but there is a difference between not ideal and totally useless. [/b]

Sorry, Chris, without getting into details, your wrong.

TAC
01-09-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm combining the last few posts with these answers. A PDX is a SCCA sanctioned school similar to what some of you have experienced in other clubs. Passing is limited to designated areas. No passing in corners. Yes the " experienced" groups will be SCCA-log book holding drivers with competition licenses. All groups participating will be under the same PDX sanctioned rules.

Todd

mlytle
01-09-2007, 10:58 PM
[/b]

i agree dj. if you are constantly having to check up and wait for a striaght to pass, it is a wasted session. can't get any times/temps/pressures correct enough to be a worth while test session.

RacerBill
01-10-2007, 09:13 AM
i agree dj. if you are constantly having to check up and wait for a striaght to pass, it is a wasted session. can't get any times/temps/pressures correct enough to be a worth while test session.
[/b]

I also agree with the previous two posts that you may not get as much information (times/temps/pressures) as you would in a open test session, but if you have never been to Mid-Ohio before. three or four 20 minute sessions will get you going on the learning curve a lot quicker than having to learn the track and set up the car at the same time.

Knestis
01-10-2007, 09:20 AM
I agree that true practice sessions can teach you more about a track, but there is a difference between not ideal and totally useless.

Sorry, Chris, without getting into details, your wrong.
[/b]
I LOVE statements like this.

Let's go to a new track that neither of us has seen - I'll do a day of HPDE, you sit patiently and wait for all of the poseurs to get off the track, and we'll see who's got more on the ball when the first practice session starts.

K

EDIT - if the ONLY concern is optimizing the car, then yes - I grant you that. But the final tweaks are a small piece of the performance pie for most of us club-racer types, where the "guidance system" is the biggest factor.

Bildon
01-10-2007, 09:35 AM
I think what DJ may have meant (and correct me if I'm wrong Dan) is that passing cars in corners at a track like Mid-Ohio is an important element to his Mid-Ohio car setup. It's not a point and squirt track.

I imagine insurance will ultimately dictate whether passing is allowed. But I do think a run group of SCCA racers is a wise choice. Even if passing is not allowed, you could more likely trust a group of licensed racers to listen in the drivers meeting when it was mentioned that you keep your eyes in your mirrors and keep your corner speeds up to minimize blocking.

PS - Don't assume Dan isn't the track record holder at Mid-Ohio and hasn't got 1000 more laps there in Porsche Cup than we do. :P He has no need to show off in the first practice session.

dj10
01-10-2007, 10:06 AM
I LOVE statements like this.

Let's go to a new track that neither of us has seen - I'll do a day of HPDE, you sit patiently and wait for all of the poseurs to get off the track, and we'll see who's got more on the ball when the first practice session starts.

K

EDIT - if the ONLY concern is optimizing the car, then yes - I grant you that. But the final tweaks are a small piece of the performance pie for most of us club-racer types, where the "guidance system" is the biggest factor. [/b]

But this isn't the case K, now is it? Some of us have been driving MO for 10 to 15 years. For us this driving school would be usless. We don't need to drive around in a funeral procession through the 15 turns. With the amount of seat time we will hopefully get that weekend you or anyone else shouldn't have a problem knowing where to go, now to go fast around MO is another question. If the school will help you, do it. I know that anyone who asks me questions about driving MO will get the truth and if they want to follow me I'll help them that way too. My office door is always open. :D But for anyone who wants to set up their race car, driving at 5 tenths in a parade isn't the way to do it, at least for me. I will say, that Mid Ohio has changed and I'm finding faster ways around everytime I go there. When someone tells you Mid Ohio is a technical track, you damn well better believe them. So for all you 1st timers to MO, take some bread crumbs so you can find your way on the 2nd lap and don't follow the car in front of you in case he drives off the track some where. B) "There are no perfect lines in racing" Bill is correct, this track is anything BUT a point and shot track.

shwah
01-10-2007, 02:43 PM
To be clear I was not assuming a 5/10ths parade. I was assuming a track day atmosphere, which allows driving at speed, ableit with restricted passing rules.

Just because you are a Jedi Master at M-O does not make a day like that useless for people that have to find a setup for a track they have not been to.

I am an eager learner, are there any other details about why I am wrong?

dj10
01-10-2007, 03:29 PM
To be clear I was not assuming a 5/10ths parade. I was assuming a track day atmosphere, which allows driving at speed, ableit with restricted passing rules.

Just because you are a Jedi Master at M-O does not make a day like that useless for people that have to find a setup for a track they have not been to.

I am an eager learner, are there any other details about why I am wrong? [/b]

Being a smart shit doesn't become anyone and only shows a lack of maturity! Let's be clear, you said I was a Jedi Master @ M-O I NEVER DID!! :mad1:

If your setting up a race car, driving it less than how you would in a race, you will not be able to get the full benefit of the drive experience. If you can't pass in the turns, how is your car going to handle when you have to?

It's people like you that cause WARS!

Greg Amy
01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
I love coffee.

Rabbit07
01-10-2007, 04:02 PM
It's getting hot in here.....

TAC
01-10-2007, 08:36 PM
To All,

When this venture started the Cincinnati Region did not anticipate that SCCA regional level competition at Mid-Ohio would be as limited as it has become. Thus we didn't think a PDX before our event would evolve into such a hot topic. It is true that DJ probably would not find a PDX format useful ( Lord, knows I've watched him boogie around the track more than once.) BUT for drivers either totally new to the track, haven't been on the new pavement, or just trying out a set-up it will hopefully be a useful experience.
For those of you who have competed at Mid-Ohio before don't rule out becoming an instructor. I'll give out contact information once a Chief Instructor has been named.

P.S. When I read the " Passing in the corners" sentence all I flashed back to Jan Lammers in a Panoz trying to pass Ron Fellows Corvette and making contact at the bottom of Madness. ( Got a nice Panoz nose plate as a souvenir). LOL

Todd

shwah
01-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Being a smart shit doesn't become anyone and only shows a lack of maturity! Let's be clear, you said I was a Jedi Master @ M-O I NEVER DID!! :mad1:

If your setting up a race car, driving it less than how you would in a race, you will not be able to get the full benefit of the drive experience. If you can't pass in the turns, how is your car going to handle when you have to?

It's people like you that cause WARS!
[/b]

Your kidding right? Because I was.

You just told me that I was completely wrong, but that you couldn't take the time to explain it - as if maybe I wouldn't/couldn't understand.

Then you stated that this is your home track, you know it very well, offered to help folks that don't know it well, but that anything less than a traditional practice session would not work for you. (edit - actually you never did say it was a home track, just that you had more than a decade of experience there, which probably lets you know it better than I do my home track)

I tried to inject a little levity, while pointing out that there are a lot of people that could benefit from a controlled passing session too.

Glad to see your sense of humor is fully functional :P . (in the interest of full disclosure - yes I jest yet again - no worries, have a :birra: and let that stressful day melt away).

To the point of the conversation, I still agree that a full practice session is ideal, but I don't see track time as black and white; usefull or useless - it is a bit more of a continuoum. If I can't pass in corners, I can still vary entry and exit lines all by my lonesome. It is NOT the same as executing a real pass, but it is a lot better than useless. I can also use track sessions to gauge fuel useage, try unorthodox lines in an attempt to ulock the secrets of what I have always been told is a very technical track. I guess I am just more of a glass half full guy today :026:

R2 Racing
01-10-2007, 10:48 PM
If you guys really need some open lapping (i.e. racing) around Mid Ohio to prep for this weekend, come out to the Ohio Valley Regions restricted regional for IT cars June 2-3 at Mid Ohio!

(Sweet, I plugged my home region! Go me!) :026:

JLawton
01-11-2007, 06:49 AM
To All,

When this venture started the Cincinnati Region did not anticipate that SCCA regional level competition at Mid-Ohio would be as limited as it has become. Thus we didn't think a PDX before our event would evolve into such a hot topic. It is true that DJ probably would not find a PDX format useful ( Lord, knows I've watched him boogie around the track more than once.) BUT for drivers either totally new to the track, haven't been on the new pavement, or just trying out a set-up it will hopefully be a useful experience.
For those of you who have competed at Mid-Ohio before don't rule out becoming an instructor. I'll give out contact information once a Chief Instructor has been named.

P.S. When I read the " Passing in the corners" sentence all I flashed back to Jan Lammers in a Panoz trying to pass Ron Fellows Corvette and making contact at the bottom of Madness. ( Got a nice Panoz nose plate as a souvenir). LOL
Todd
[/b]

I would be very happy with a PDX day before (not having been to the track). :023:

I've also been to test days at Lime Rock that were almost the same usefullness as testing at a PDX day. Some of the other racing clubs (don't want to offend anyone) come out with their really expensive cars and act like speed bumps. Yeah, that's great that you have 300 HP, but when I almost rear end you under breaking because your so freakin' slow!!!!

Then at VIR this year before the 13 Hour, they sent cars out in groups of 6!!! That was great!!

Rabbit07
01-11-2007, 07:40 AM
If you guys really need some open lapping (i.e. racing) around Mid Ohio to prep for this weekend, come out to the Ohio Valley Regions restricted regional for IT cars June 2-3 at Mid Ohio!
(Sweet, I plugged my home region! Go me!) :026:
[/b]

Kevin,

Are there any details on that event yet?

gran racing
01-11-2007, 08:15 AM
If the PDX is run well, it will be a huge benefit to the majority of racers. The key will be limiting the number of cars in each run group (not to Jeff's extreme). There are a couple clubs which run HPDEs in the N.E. which do a great job running events. Although the instructor group does not allow passing in the turns, the event is still useful.

It will be interesting to hear how the PDX will be organized: how many groups in total, how many geared towards people racing the next day (hopefully more than one group), max. number of cars allowed on the track in each group, ect.

Gotta say I got a good laugh with the WARS comment. LOL!

R2 Racing
01-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Kevin,

Are there any details on that event yet?
[/b]
No, not much. All I know is that it will feature IT classes at the very least and will be both Saturday and Sunday. I do not know yet how many groups will be made available to the regional cars or what the format will be (meaning single race or double). Downing might have some more info about it, but its still very early in the planning.

So......would any out-of-division ITA drivers like an instructor for the PDX? I swear, I'll give you nothing but the best info about how to get around Mid Ohio. Yup, greeeeat info! :cavallo:

dj10
01-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Your kidding right? Because I was.

You just told me that I was completely wrong, but that you couldn't take the time to explain it - as if maybe I wouldn't/couldn't understand.

Then you stated that this is your home track, you know it very well, offered to help folks that don't know it well, but that anything less than a traditional practice session would not work for you. (edit - actually you never did say it was a home track, just that you had more than a decade of experience there, which probably lets you know it better than I do my home track)

I tried to inject a little levity, while pointing out that there are a lot of people that could benefit from a controlled passing session too.

Glad to see your sense of humor is fully functional :P . (in the interest of full disclosure - yes I jest yet again - no worries, have a :birra: and let that stressful day melt away).

To the point of the conversation, I still agree that a full practice session is ideal, but I don't see track time as black and white; usefull or useless - it is a bit more of a continuoum. If I can't pass in corners, I can still vary entry and exit lines all by my lonesome. It is NOT the same as executing a real pass, but it is a lot better than useless. I can also use track sessions to gauge fuel useage, try unorthodox lines in an attempt to ulock the secrets of what I have always been told is a very technical track. I guess I am just more of a glass half full guy today :026: [/b]

If I would know you I wouldn't have reacted the way I did, thinking you were joking. But putting words in someones mouth is distasteful. Telling me I was a Jedi Master @ M-O was nothing short of a insult of the umteen magitude. I'm just another racer like so many other racers that have a lot of time @ Mid-O, mostly on the old course with the concrete patches. My home tracks are Nelson Ledges & Beaver Run, not M-O. I didn't think I had to go into detail why "if someone is trying to setup a car for racing" a drivers school was not the place for it. If you have no experience there, a drivers school will be better than nothing, if your an experienced racer this would probably not suite you. As for helping people @ M-O sure why not, if I can. I have had some very good racers help me over the years the likes of EFR just to name one. When I go to an unfimiliar track, the 1st thing I try and do is search out the experienced drivers and either try and follow or ask them questions after a practice session. You know how I feel Chris, lets drop it.

Kevin, I'm really hoping that Restricted regional will include ITR. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

shwah
01-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Well. Sorry to get your hackles up. It was unintentional. I think we are saying the same thing with different terminology.

dj10
01-11-2007, 11:26 AM
To All,

BUT for drivers either totally new to the track, haven't been on the new pavement, or just trying out a set-up it will hopefully be a useful experience.
Todd [/b]

Let me know, hopefully I'll be there for the race anyway, If my businees schedule allows it, I'll come out a day earlier. Maybe I can help someone with their rear wheel drive car, if you'll have me.

Knestis
01-11-2007, 01:24 PM
...Then at VIR this year before the 13 Hour, they sent cars out in groups of 6!!! That was great!!
[/b]
It did NOT however stop a pair of Miatae from having a metal-to-metal during one session. Imagine that, with 3.25 miles of wide pavement to work with... :blink:

You just can't MAKE this kind of thing up.

K

Rabbit07
01-11-2007, 02:39 PM
A pair of reck-miatas, Never.............

p99ro
01-12-2007, 11:26 PM
I did not read that LONG thread but.
I would pay more and Love it to be at the GLEN
Scott
CRX ITA 07 NER

Count me in. :026:

thedemoguy
05-28-2007, 09:35 PM
http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...showtopic=11587 (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11587)

TAC
08-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I thought I'd dust off this thread to say thank you for all the support, suggestions and fun. I can't believe Andy started this up in December of '06 ....and here we are. I want to give special thanks Dave Burchfield for the Idea for the I.T. festival, Andy for starting this thread up, and Butch Kummer for all the help. Its' been great fun working with all of you to make this event happen.

Be safe driving to the track.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Race Chair SCCA

Catch22
08-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Those are great entry numbers for a first time event!!!
Lets hope the weather co-operates and all goes well.

Hopefully this will become an annual event and sort of a MidWest ARRC (NARRC, PARRC...).
Mid Ohio certainly has the drawing power, and with some contingencies and continued strong competition/participation could make it one of those "must" weekends for regional class type folks.

I love the format too.

Andy Bettencourt
08-05-2007, 08:32 AM
I thought I'd dust off this thread to say thank you for all the support, suggestions and fun. I can't believe Andy started this up in December of '06 ....and here we are. I want to give special thanks Dave Burchfield for the Idea for the I.T. festival, Andy for starting this thread up, and Butch Kummer for all the help. Its' been great fun working with all of you to make this event happen.

Be safe driving to the track.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Race Chair SCCA [/b]

This race is going to be awesome. I hope that it continues as an ANNUAL event and I hope other regions schedule around it.

Like I said in another thread, my schedule precludes me from attending this year but as a die-hard Red Sox fan, we all know there is always next year!

It has been fun working with you guys to get this up and running!

R2 Racing
08-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Lets hope the weather co-operates and all goes well.[/b]
For August in Ohio, I don't think we could've asked for a much better forecast! Lets hope it stays that way.

Saturday, August 11th - Partly Cloudy, 76°/60°, 20%
Sunday, August 12th - Partly Cloudy, 84°/62°, 20%

bonespec
08-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Kevin, with typical Ohio weather we might even have snow next weekend! :snow_cool:

I'll be there early Sunday morning to spectate :eclipsee_steering: