PDA

View Full Version : ITR in JP class??ANYONE KNOW YET...

gpeluso
12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know if ITR BMW 325's will fit into JP in BMWCCA. I want to make changes to run the car in NASA GTS2, SCCA ITR, and BMWCCA JP. I am sure someone has summitted the request, but is there any feed back from BMWCCA? Thanks.

Greg

Ron Earp
12-04-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty sure (besides the rule book) that ITR mods will fit into JP. But doesn't JP allow any AFM/throttle body from that series of engines and alternative camshafts? That would sort of imply that you'd not be competitive in JP, and if you were competitive in JP then you might be illegal in ITR?

Ron

dj10
12-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Does anyone know if ITR BMW 325's will fit into JP in BMWCCA. I want to make changes to run the car in NASA GTS2, SCCA ITR, and BMWCCA JP. I am sure someone has summitted the request, but is there any feed back from BMWCCA? Thanks.

Greg [/b]

Who gives a rats ass?? :birra:

gpeluso
12-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Who gives a rats ass?? :birra:
[/b]

DJ,
Just cause your gettin old doesn't mean you have to get cranky! :P

I'm pretty sure (besides the rule book) that ITR mods will fit into JP. But doesn't JP allow any AFM/throttle body from that series of engines and alternative camshafts? That would sort of imply that you'd not be competitive in JP, and if you were competitive in JP then you might be illegal in ITR?

Ron
[/b]

Ron,
you are right but you would at least have a weight advantage...JP car has to be 2900lbs. I am talking about a legal ITR car. I just want to know everywhere I can play. I do about 3 BMWCCA events a year and have run JP with ITS specs .....you are right about competitve but I try and hang in there.

mlytle
12-06-2006, 08:47 PM

Greg
[/b]
nothing heard yet. definitely a gray area. i had submitted a rules change to the bmwcca board that would have made it clear, but it was not adopted. i heard someone else submitted a rules clarification request, but the bmwccca comp board just posted a bunch of clarifications yesterday and it was not one of the ones addressed.

right now i plan on entering my itr car as jp in 2007. until someone rules otherwise, that is my interpretation. i suspect worst case bmwcca could make us itr cars run at the old its weight. 85lbs of ballast needed.

marshall
#64 ITR/JP

Z3_GoCar
12-08-2006, 12:09 PM
I submitted a rules clarification and was told that it would really be a rules change. My situation is a little stickier as there's no class for anything with 2.8l power outside of ITR, thus any 2.8l BMW in ITE will generally translate into a MOD car, and since there's no mention of ITR.... One feature of the transition is it allows changes that would put a car in the MOD class into JP if abides by all of the ITCS, in other words no picking with rules to follow from different specs. I suspose the reason we've not heard back is because of the dual classing of the 325.

James