PDA

View Full Version : view arrc pictures at

dazzlesa
12-04-2006, 03:19 PM
http://gordon.smugmug.com/2006%20Events-SCCA/259496

R2 Racing
12-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Awesome pictures. Rick, what happened to your front bumper?

Greg, you have a headlight out. ;)

dazzlesa
12-04-2006, 05:52 PM
kevin
during the arrc, first lap i got to turn 3 on the inside of 3 wide so i turned right going across the grass. well my car decided not to turn, i guess grass does not give much grip so i nailed somebody. sorry :unsure: to who ever i hit.

dominojd
12-04-2006, 07:02 PM
kevin
during the arrc, first lap i got to turn 3 on the inside of 3 wide so i turned right going across the grass. well my car decided not to turn, i guess grass does not give much grip so i nailed somebody. sorry :unsure: to who ever i hit.
[/b]

Rick,

I don't know if you have seen these pics. They are of the start.
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=174117&page=4

Post #62 second pic down shows what happened to your bumper :D
3rd pic down shows the miata running into my door

dazzlesa
12-05-2006, 07:43 AM
thanks joe
i stand corrected. i knew that had happened but i did not think it was hard enough to do that. sorry reif. the slow starts cause havoc. i went and the front did not go as i thought.
was tht the same miata that was in the grass?

R2 Racing
12-05-2006, 07:54 AM
haha - I don't remember Jan ever saying he got tapped at the start, so it must not have been too bad. You're also right, that start was a little slower than I would've expected, but I figured Greg was planning on letting his torque pull him down to turn one first. I would've too. B)

That Miata looks like it got knocked around like a pinball at the start. I believe that is the same one that ended up out in the grass down the front straight.

IPRESS
12-05-2006, 11:57 AM
haha - I don't remember Jan ever saying he got tapped at the start, so it must not have been too bad. You're also right, that start was a little slower than I would've expected, but I figured Greg was planning on letting his torque pull him down to turn one first. I would've too. B)

That Miata looks like it got knocked around like a pinball at the start. I believe that is the same one that ended up out in the grass down the front straight.
[/b]

You are correct sir.... I thought I was a pinball as cars on each side of me made a neat little sandwich of the yellow miata (cheese with no meat.) As it turned out I wish that gap in the middle had not occured that gave me an opening. When the car on the outside (drivers side) disengaged it sent me flying toward the wall. My momentum kept me going down the grass between track and wall and that is what you see in the picture sequence. Doesn't look that spooky in the pictures, but anytime you see Mr. Wall at RAtlanta you sqeeze tight. The rest of the race was fun.

RSTPerformance
12-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Mac-

Not sure exactly what happened, but from the pictures I comend you on your driving. That looks like it could have been one heck of a mess, but you held it together. Unfortunatly most drivers in our ranks (even at the ARRC) are unable to recover when "things go bad" and wouldn't have been able to do that... but you and the others around you appear as though they did well :023:

Raymond "Loven the new "smilies" :snow_cool:" Blethen

IPRESS
12-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Well, I was just glad not to hit the wall and even thogh I was going sideways to a degree, I still had forward momentum. My thinking was that locking up in the grass was NOT my best option. I probably was lucky that the other drivers were able to avoid me when I got back on asphalt. I can remember tgetting a quick thought of the pit out wall somewhere in my future if I didn't rejoin the race on the hard surface. The Steward did think my reentry wasn't to his liking, but all in all he was very nice about it. It is sort of hard to tell in the pics, but we were probably 4 or 5 wide at one point, I just became the odd man out. I knew I was in trouble when both of my outside mirrors were pushed in aginst the doors. There was plenty of room inbetween for a few seconds......... and then there wasn't. What is really interesting is that the cheese in the middle of the sandwich got spit out into the grass! :birra: