PDA

View Full Version : Question on 92-95 Civic Si

mossaidis
12-02-2006, 11:22 AM
I can't say I haven't done all my research, but it seems they're not many if any 92-95 Civic si running ITA these days? or perhaps they don't get much discussion on these and other forums. are all the discussions for IT Honda's on www.honda-tech.com?

does any have any input or friends that run this little cars in IT? I would also guess that many EG racers went over to HC for better equality.

I have 92 Civic that I run time trials in with COMSCC (New England Area) and want to better understand the competitiveness of in IT. Thanks!

tom91ita
12-02-2006, 12:57 PM
i recommend that you post this question at http://roadrace-autox.com/bbs/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1

there is a decent mix of scca IT and nasa HC there. they might help you out.

Xian
12-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Richie Gonzalez in Central FL built an ITA Si this past season and is both here and on www.roadrace-autox.com as "GBRacing" (I'm pretty sure that's his user id).

FWIW, on paper it seems like the Si should be reasonably competitive in ITA (along with the same generation EX) but, as you stated, there aren't a ton of people running them yet.

Christian

mossaidis
12-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks! I just went there and I saw at least 30 names I know already!

R2 Racing
12-03-2006, 11:51 AM
I think it's a very viable option for ITA right now (as well as the EX coupe). We have both an Si and a EX running competitively in the CenDiv right now and they're both continuing to develop their cars. I also know if at least one more, possibly two, being built right now around here.

You'll get (and there already has been) plenty of discussion about the car over on www.roadrace-autox.com