PDA

View Full Version : Firebottle Recharge

backformore
11-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Does anyone know where to get a "Firebottle" bottle recharged? Preferably in the Atlanta area?

JimLill
11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know where to get a "Firebottle" bottle recharged? Preferably in the Atlanta area?
[/b]

Call 'em and ask

http://www.firebottleracing.com/contact.htm

bldn10
11-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Get out the Yellow Pages and start calling local fire extinguisher companies. If they have the agent you are using, it will probably be far less expensive than a refill having anything to do w/ racing (and that has to be shipped). For example, I had a 2.5# bottle filled w/ Halon here in Memphis in 3/05 for $110, including pressure testing the bottle.

Ron Earp
11-30-2006, 01:19 PM
I had Pegasus redo mine after my Z fire in 2005. Cost was about $75 plus around $25 for shipping because of the Hazmat fees on UPS. Not a bad deal really. I didn't check locally, probably should have.

Ron

1stGenBoy
12-01-2006, 11:02 AM
[/b]

The "Firebottle" brand halon 1211 fire bottles are not designed to be recharged. It is an aluminum bottle with a non refill DOT number on it. To be recharged legally the manufacture of the vessel would have to have a different ( read expensive) DOT certification and the vessel would also have to be hydrostaticly check every few years. This would probably raise the price of a system the amount of what a new bottle costs now. My 2 cents.

Bob

tlyttle43
12-04-2006, 10:11 AM
I've had a couple refilled by a one of the local fire equipment companies on North Decatur Road (near DeKalb Industrial Way) in Decatur. I think the name is DeKalb Fire Equipment, but it may have changed - check the Yellow pages. I recall that it cost a little under $100. They're even former racers (and aircraft owners), so they know what you're looking for.

Tom Lyttle