PDA

View Full Version : Moving from SM to ITA!

cmaclean
11-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to stop by and say Hi! I have been running a 1.6 SM in the Southeast region for 3 years and for a number of reasons I've decided to switch to ITA. I guess I'm looking to shake things up a little. I've only every raced SM and ITA looks like a lot of fun :D

Anyway, look out for me next year, here's a pic of the car so you know who to say hello to as you drive past :P

[attachmentid=698]

JeffYoung
11-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Excellent, adn welcome aboard. ITS/ITA/IT7 in the SEDiv is a GREAT run group. Ton of fun, you will like.

Where are you lcoated?

cmaclean
11-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Alpharetta, GA. Just north of Atlanta just south of Road Atlanta.

IPRESS
11-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Colin,
I think you will have a blast running ITA. Finding those elusive extra ponies will be our challenge. Racing different cars has always been fun for me. I was one of the SM guys that liked having a mixed run group. You and Rob will be tough in ECRs if you two do ITA in that group. I hope we can find some help with the ECU to help on the straights and then running a miata will be great. The upgrades from the SM suspension should make you faster and up the fun quotion.
Mac

Limey
12-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Colin,

Looks like I'll be going that route too after 2 seasons in a SM, returning to ITA again. Looking forward to enjoying a few more HP in the miata! I am also reviving my original ITA car - a 90 Civic Si Hatch, should be fun switching between the two......

You wouldn't happen to be a Scot, would you?? ......just a hunch. Think I might have to paint a union jack on my car......!

Cheers, Mark

cmaclean
12-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks guys!

Mac, I agree with you 100%. The 1.6 Miata really needs the straightaway scoot in ITA so that'll be my focus this off-season. I'm hoping for 130 at the wheels but that may be optimistic. I have some go-faster parts laying around so it won't be an expensive transition. I won't be able to do much to the suspension right now as money is tight, just bigger sways, different shock mounts etc. If I can get it to handle like a '99 I'll be doin' all right :)

I'll likely run ECR and Pro-IT this year. Like you I really enjoy the diverse fields. Although the allure of the July race at Barber may bring me out. An ITA Miata could do very well at that track.

Limey, born and bred! The car certainly sticks out from the crowd now. My wife used to give me a hard time for having "just another white Miata" No more! It also cuts down on the "where you froms?" also :P

hawke3
12-01-2006, 11:34 AM
I too am moving to ITA after 4 years in SM. I race in the Ohio area. Anyone willing to share any advice on upgrades I can consider? What is the optium suspension package? I am running a 95 1.8.