PDA

View Full Version : Tip when moving/selling a house/shop

RSTPerformance
11-27-2006, 01:43 PM
ok, we are still a bit p-oed but we did learn a lesson and I thought I would share. As many are aware my father has moved to a new wonderful house with his wonderful girlfriend. In the process he put his house up for sale. While most of our stuff has been moved to the "big rig" my fathers stuff was/is still in his garage while he has his new garage built (what a nice shop... lucky him!!!). Anyway over the weekend some very nice people decided to kick in the door and help him move ALL of his tools and his toolbox. Unfortunatly they didn't take them to his new house and they are gone. :dead_horse: A few thousand dollars later the advice:

Many people who "steal" look for houses on the market that are unoccupied, with valuable stuff still in them. It is far easier to steal and get away with it when you know that you will not run into someone. If you do run into someone it is easy to "pretend" that you are just checking out the property. So take your things especially stuff that is easy to move such as a toolbox and put it into storage!!!

Raymond "Lesson learned" Blethen

benspeed
11-27-2006, 02:11 PM
That sucks! I hope evil Santa finds those losers and kicks the reindeer poo out of 'em!