PDA

View Full Version : Acura "rollback" after ARRC

NutDriverRighty
11-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Was standing above victory circle when I saw the ITB(?) Acura (#37?) roll back off of the rollback when leaving the paddock. As this car has won it's class on one day and finished second on the other of the ARRC, I hope that pride was the main thing damaged. Just curious.

Scott

loperdw
11-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the concern. Car (Accord LXI hatchback) is fine now, here’s the breakdown. Wheel studs broke off the LF going into turn 10, which tore up the LF fender, dragged the lower control arm across the track. Flat bed pulled the car out of the gravel trap backwards, tearing up the front bumper. As they got it off the track and started to go up the incline out of the pits the flat bed stopped quickly, causing the car to jerk and one of the welded in tow points on the bottom of the car to break off while on the incline. As such the car slid nose first off the flat bed and onto pit lane. Long story short…

Radiator Support, bent, not too bad, so not fixing
New Radiator - $125
New Splitter - $80
Junk yard fender, Knuckle, lower control arm, turn signal - $100
New rotor - $22

Running at Sebring Turkey Trot two weeks later – Priceless…

Thanks to all the help from Scott Seck and our wives for letting us do this.

CaptainWho
11-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Congrats, dude. That scared the crap outta us when we saw it happen from the podium area. Glad it wasn't too expensive to fix.

loperdw
11-29-2006, 09:03 AM
I really should thank everyone that helped us hold the car from continuing to roll off the flat bed and then helped us push it back up. Just a little bit scary. There were a lot of strong backs and hearts at the ARRC this year. THANKS!

Richy Gonzalez
11-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Dave,
I'm glad you and Scott had a good ARRC weekend ... except for the towing incident. Also, glad to hear you won the Turkey Trot. Way to go!!!!