PDA

View Full Version : NASA Sponsorship at their National

JLawton
11-27-2006, 11:34 AM
In an article in GRM on the NASA Nationals, they said there was over $500,000 in sponsorship!! :119:

Wow!!

How did they pull that off in their first year? I'm impressed!

How much does the SCCA runoffs bring in?

Could that we done for the ARRC? (not half a million, but how about $100K???)

Andy Bettencourt
11-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Guys more in the 'know' will chime in, but to my knowledge there was $500K in POTENTIAL money. This was all contingent on car counts - and car counts were very low. But this was the first year and they are building.

gran racing
11-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Potential is correct - Toyo had a significant amount of potential winnings but as Andy stated, the monies awarded were dependant upon the number of entries in each class. Still, that is pretty freakn' awesome! The number of companies who offered a contingency was quite impressive.

JLawton
11-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm going from memory, but I think they saud there were a total of about 480 cars? It looked like most of the classes were well prescribed.......except for Spec SE-R, what ever the hell THAT is!! Some goofy looking guy that was all by himself on the podium........

lateapex911
11-27-2006, 01:09 PM
LOL, if I won "SE-R" against...NO other cars, you couldn't get me on the podium if you paid me! I mean...you gotta beat SOMEbody to win, right? He also finished DFL....

On edit I was shocked to go back and reread my post..I forgot the ;) thing for Joe. Sorry 'bout that.

gran racing
11-27-2006, 02:28 PM
I did chuckle when I saw Joe's picture in Grassroots motorsports as the SE-R champion. At the same point, it's not his fault all of the west coast SE-R people whimped out.

Racerlinn
11-27-2006, 07:52 PM
And the closest one to MidOhio couldn't get enough NASA race starts in to attend....
:(

Mattberg
11-27-2006, 11:36 PM
The Runoffs contingencies add up to a little over $1 million.

dominojd
11-28-2006, 03:21 AM
LOL, if I won "SE-R" against...NO other cars, you couldn't get me on the podium if you paid me! I mean...you gotta beat SOMEbody to win, right? He also finished DFL....
[/b]

Don't be hatin. :D

lateapex911
11-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Don't be hatin. :D
[/b]

Hee hee....

But I DO think your ARRC finish was MUCH more significant. What were you, 6th in a strong A field on your first trip there?? And the track doesn't come to you in two or three laps either.

(BTW guys...Joe and I are friends...I had to have a little fun with him..;) )

dominojd
11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Hee hee....

But I DO think your ARRC finish was MUCH more significant. What were you, 6th in a strong A field on your first trip there?? And the track doesn't come to you in two or three laps either.

(BTW guys...Joe and I are friends...I had to have a little fun with him..;) )
[/b]

I was quite pleased with my finish at the ARRC. Can't wait till next year.

You can have all the fun you want. I can take it I'm a big boy. :P

Doc Bro
11-29-2006, 07:09 AM
Joe's fast because his pre-race prep is exemplary.....and he runs "light".......

arrc%20road%20atlanta%20010.jpeg

:D

R

JLawton
11-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Joe's fast because his pre-race prep is exemplary.....and he runs "light".......

R
[/b]

I don't think "Joe" and "light" have ever been used in the same sentence!!!

Doc Bro
11-29-2006, 12:38 PM
The funny part of my post was the picture which I'm not computer savvy enough to post. It was a picture of Joe coming out of a porta-jon in his fire suit while all the other ITA cars were on false grid.

Oh well I blew the punchline.

R

lateapex911
11-29-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't think "Joe" and "light" have ever been used in the same sentence!!!
[/b]

Really Jeff?? I swear I heard you say, late one night after a beer or three at the ARRC, something about Joe, and "light" and "loafers", but hey, maybe I'm confused.

;)

gran racing
11-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey Jake, don't you need to go corner weight your car or something? I can loan you a few blocks of wood if you'd like. :P

lateapex911
11-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Hey Jake, don't you need to go corner weight your car or something? I can loan you a few blocks of wood if you'd like. :P
[/b]

Please, Dave, i perfer the term "Composite shims" much better. We DID use plywood and MDF and laminates in the process, so adding "Hybrid" in there makes it sound better too!

dominojd
11-29-2006, 04:36 PM

R
[/b]

I forgot all about that pic. Well where is it. :)

You guys are too much I am LMAO. :lol:

kgobey
11-29-2006, 09:36 PM
I am an ex-MCSCC member, and SCCA Solo2'er only... I am completely sold on NASA. I never IT'd in SCCA only in MC... I have crewed in SCCA, MC, IMSA and GrandAm, VARA, HSR and NASA. The NASA event was less organized than the others, but was more on time - weird I know it, but it's the case. At the end of the day I will probably run SCCA... But I love what NASA has to bring to the table, and the open attitude the organization has.

JWiley
11-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Regarding NASA in general, I had given thought to using one of their events at Road Atlanta to
shake down a rebuilt car, but was shocked at the entry fees. Last time I checked, they were a
much better bargain than SCCA, but not anymore. Anyone have any experience with this?

James Wiley
Ex-ITC-now-HP