PDA

View Full Version : CenDiv ITB

shwah
11-21-2006, 12:58 PM
There were acceptable turnouts at the Firecracker Regional at BHF, and at the Fall Sprints at BHF, but in general it would be great to see another 3,4,5 cars each weekend.

I think we have a great foundation for a very competitive class. Several cars there now are genuinely competitive with each other, provided other incidents don't get us too separated in the races.

I have been in contact with a previously fast ITB Rabbit driver that is working on an A3 Golf ITB car now, and have 2-3 other aquaintances that are actively shopping for ITB or ITA cars. I have also been recruiting a friend who has had success at Midwest Council events for years to come join us.

On top of that I believe that several of the cars that were there this year are working to be better and faster next year. I am finally ditching the 2nd hand stock motor for a true ITB lump, and may even start using tires that were not designed 10 years ago. Hopefully Bill gets the engine issues resolved in the Scirocco and comes back strong next year. Michael mentioned that he will be going over his Golf this winter to be sure it is ready to compete next spring.

I am just getting really excited about the fun, close, competitve races we should have next year! So is this just over optomistic thinking, or are we going to have more, and faster cars in ITB for 2007? Post up here if you are planning to run in CenDiv next year.

I will be running my white '86 VW, hopefully with an improved engine. The X-factor is a new baby boy due the first week of March, but I plan to do as many events as possible.

A friend of mine is shopping right now for personal safety gear and an ITB Golf, and plans to run next year.

I will go out on a limb and predict that Bill and Michael will be back next year.

So that's (4) racers. Who else is out there?
:eclipsee_steering:

anrkii
12-02-2006, 01:58 AM
Chalk up one more noob in ITB for 07, 85 crx SI .
I live in southern missouri, so Ill probably not be racing that far north, MAM is as far north as ill probably reach.

924Guy
12-02-2006, 05:43 PM
If the budget allows it, I hope to break out of the home turf once again and get to Mid-O at least once next year. Priorities dictate, however, that I'll run home races (Waterford) first...

Expect that if I get down there, I'll probably be coming with another ITB guy from Waterford, Doug Spencer; he's expressed an interest in coming out to play at some of the bigger stuff w/ me...

shwah
12-02-2006, 07:43 PM
924 guy, let us know if you will be heading over to CenDiv from Great Lakes Div anytime. It would be great to have you along for the ride.

I made it down to Memphis and StL (well, sort of...) last year, but will probably be staying up North this year.

924Guy
12-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Duh, good point, I'm a little behind the times! :wacko: I guess now we need an "add' for a GTLDiv forum, or we'll glom-on?

Anyway, what&#39;s with these noises/rumors about Mid-O IT fest??? No-one&#39;s talking... <pout>

1stGenBoy
12-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry guys my, ITB CRX is in the trailer and will probably stay there again next year. I have been running nationals in another car and looks like I&#39;ll be doing the same for 07.

rabbidmk1
12-14-2006, 10:28 AM
As stated before (fast rabbit driver... :P Thanks!) I will be racing in 07&#39;. The goal is to get at least 4 double weekends in plus the AARC. I can can assure you that Harlan Donaldson (sp? sorry) will be at blackhawk and so will Tom Daly, not to mention the guy in the silver mk2 golf from milwaukee. Steve Dahl in the white #22 golf is pretty much retired and the car is for sale, just not advertised. Im sure he will come out to beat me in my new car if it is as potent of a chassis as we think the mk3 is. (i guess stealing his mechanic helps get him out too.. LOL)

I will post my tenative schedule for 07 as soon as I figure it out..

Aaron

shwah
12-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Now just make it &#39;Fast Golf Driver&#39; :P . I have very similar schedule plans to yours. Run as many doubles as family growth allows, go to the ARRC race for the first time.

So this is what I see for CenDiv ITB Racers: 9 &#39;regulars&#39; is a good step up from &#39;06!
Me - White Golf2
Aaron - Silver Golf3
Bill Campbell - Black Scirocco2
Michael Baumet - Silver Golf2
Tom Daly - Black Golf2
Harold Donaldson
BobR - Scirocco2 #49
Todd - silver/blue BMW 3
Possible guest appearance by Patrick Findlay - a fast Golf2 moving North from Memphis.

Not bad if we can get everyone to show up together. There are some others that I don&#39;t know for sure:
Todd Engleman - BMW 320 that got a bit bent in October
Dave, my freind that runs Midwest Council - Golf2
Mike Braidman - Fiero that was real fast in Oct.

Looks like a very VW centric group!

Greg Gauper
12-14-2006, 04:47 PM
I know Bob Clark indicated in the post above that he probably won&#39;t get out in his ITB car next year, but I think Bill Banner still plans on coming out in his ITB CRX for the local events at RA, Blackhawk, and Milwaukee Mile.

1stGenBoy
12-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I know Bob Clark indicated in the post above that he probably won&#39;t get out in his ITB car next year, but I think Bill Banner still plans on coming out in his ITB CRX for the local events at RA, Blackhawk, and Milwaukee Mile.
[/b]

Bill Banner&#39;s ITB CRX car is for sale. ( priced to sell! ) He bought a different car to go National racing.

green golf
12-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Add one more ITB VW golf to cen div ( or is it great lakes now?) Dont know when ill be there , but ill be there

shwah
12-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Hey Patrick. The shame is you will be in Great Lakes and we are on the other side of Lake Michigan in CenDiv. No worries though, just come over and play with us once. :eclipsee_steering:

Camaro631
12-29-2006, 11:33 PM
There is a father and 2 son team forming in the Milwaukee area, they have 2 cars and are looking for a 3rd 85 golf..If any one knows of a car set to go contact me please :OLA: that could add 3 more

shwah
12-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey be careful, next thing you know we will have 10 car B fields to play with!

awesome. :eclipsee_steering:

shwah
01-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Bob is going to take a look at an ITB Scirocco this weekend. If all goes well he will be ready to roll for the StL double school.

shwah
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
The S-roc is a go, I updated the list with Bob&#39;s weapon of choice. :happy204:

shwah
02-12-2007, 07:12 AM
I updated the list because Camaro631 was able to find a 3rd car for thier family. This is looking seriously fun guys. :eclipsee_steering:

Brichter
03-05-2007, 09:11 PM
:026: Add my number to the list.Iwould like the number #49 on my white Scirocco.

theman631
03-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Anybody here run midwest council events? :snow_cool:

shwah
03-28-2007, 11:49 AM
A guy I know - Dave Tysson does. I am trying to talk him into coming out with us this year some, since we should have decent fields.

BobR I added your number. Later I might grab the numbers from the CenDiv number thread and add that to the list in this thread.

I am 50/50 on this first event. Just no time to work on the race car lately with the new baby. If I do go, I will be in exactly the same condition that it rolled off the track in October, with new oil...

Once the new motor gets done, and I get my new gauges in, and I get my firebottle system mounted, and I fix the rust holes in my floor, and I move my ballast, and I get some tires for my new 13" wheels, and I align the rears..... I should be ready to go for the season with just maintenance stuff..... :P

theman631
03-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Our team is now only running the midwest council events. Hopefully next year we will do SCCA but it did not work out for this year. :( Jimmy #23

shwah
03-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Bummer.

If you don&#39;t mind me asking, what&#39;s the difference that makes MC doable and SCCA not?

theman631
03-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Time, money, energy, etc...