PDA

View Full Version : Dec Fast Track is out

Andy Bettencourt
11-20-2006, 06:13 PM
http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/06-12-fastrack.pdf

Bill Miller
11-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Cool!

And there was a clarification on the X-bar rule (it's legal).

JamesB
11-21-2006, 10:44 AM
sweet, now all I need is roll bar padding and im ready for 07.

JeffYoung
11-21-2006, 10:47 AM
And the weight numbers on the side of the car. I can see lots of guys getting dinged for that at annuals.

dickita15
11-21-2006, 01:15 PM
I will have to gp back and look but I thought the BOD voted against the sfi roll bar padding.

JamesB
11-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Nope tis approved from the 07 GCR

9.4.1.C. Forward braces and portions of the main hoop subject to contact by the driver’s helmet (as seated normally and restrained by seatbelt/shoulder harness) shall be padded with non-resilient material such as Ethafoam® or Ensolite® with a minimum thickness of one-half (1/2) inch. Padding meeting SFI spec 45.1 or FIA 8857-2001 is strongly recommended.

dickita15
11-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Ok thanks. Actually we are both right. The CRB wanted to require SFI stuff. I use the cheap crap below chest level but use the firmer stuff up high. When I bought the good stuff it was like $11 a stick and if I wanted a SFI sticker it was like $14. Right now I am just as happy not giving SFI the 3 bucks.

JamesB
11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
you right, still just strongly recomended. For some reason I thought that passed. The weight stickers still has me puzzled as to why they are needed, but at least its at the worst a buck in vynil.

seckerich
11-21-2006, 03:16 PM
you right, still just strongly recomended. For some reason I thought that passed. The weight stickers still has me puzzled as to why they are needed, but at least its at the worst a buck in vynil.
[/b]
The weight stickers are for impound after the race. Saves a ton of time if you don't have to dig out the tech card for every car to see if they make weight. The master scale log is still used if there is any question.

JamesB
11-21-2006, 03:29 PM
I guess. might depend on region but I have never seen looking up the tech card for a run group as the delay to getting over the scales at impound.

zracre
11-21-2006, 03:31 PM
It will also keep the shady people from writing the desired weight on their tech card... ;)

JamesB
11-21-2006, 03:32 PM
only if the weights on the car are policied like the weights on the cards should be.

Andy Bettencourt
11-21-2006, 03:42 PM
only if the weights on the car are policied like the weights on the cards should be. [/b]

But at least all your competitors can see the weight you have on your car...SELF POLICE!

JamesB
11-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Right, thats what I mean. As long as people actually pay attention to them its worth it.

dj10
11-21-2006, 04:02 PM
And the weight numbers on the side of the car. I can see lots of guys getting dinged for that at annuals. [/b]

Jeff, this is the min. wt. allowed for my class and my car correct? What are the allowed dimensions of these numbers?

Thanks

JoshS
11-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Quoting the November Fastrack:

"The specified minimum weight shall be displayed on both sides of the racecar. The numbersw
shall be sufficient in size and legibility to be read from a distance of ten feet. If the displayed
number should be found at any time to be lower than the current minimum weight, the
competitor will at a minimum be disqualified from the event automatically."

JamesB
11-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Actually its been submitted for approval, but I didnt see it approved by the board yet.

dickita15
11-21-2006, 04:20 PM
If you ever work the scales far the small bore group or the big bore group you will see the reason for the sticker. With all the alternate weights is different classes for different equipment you have to ask 3 or 4 questions to figure out what allowances that car uses. Remember this is usually asked in an environment where competitors are not allowed to hear what the guy is saying. What motor, what heads, what tranny. If you make the guy post it on the side of the car and his competitor thinks it looks fishy it is easy to verify. I would not know an alternate GT tranny from a hole in the ground but the guys racing against him do. Now they can see what weight he is claiming.

JamesB
11-21-2006, 04:30 PM
gotcha. guess its less of an issue in IT vs. those classes. So be it, I dont have an issue with it. Just think its just most noise in the book.

dj10
11-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Actually its been submitted for approval, but I didnt see it approved by the board yet. [/b]

IMO, this seems like a good common sense thing to do. I think I'll just do it.

JamesB
11-22-2006, 01:37 PM
DJ your right, and I am doing it in the head impact area. I dont know if I am going to bother on my nascar bars. The passanger side im leaving since thats only got foam for DE events and I never push the car that hard if i have a student riding.

Bildon
11-22-2006, 04:05 PM
>> "The specified minimum weight shall be displayed on both sides of the racecar.

Can we also get a driver's skill rating on the windshield? If you see a faster # approaching, move over :P
:eclipsee_steering:

Yes, I'm kidding.

JeffYoung
11-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Dan, I agree, this is common sense. SFI where the head is, weight numbers on the side of the car. Pretty simple.

dj10
11-22-2006, 05:47 PM
>> "The specified minimum weight shall be displayed on both sides of the racecar.

Can we also get a driver's skill rating on the windshield? If you see a faster # approaching, move over :P
:eclipsee_steering:

Yes, I'm kidding. [/b]

LOL Bill, most drivers don't even see the cars coming up on them let alone, in my case, negative numbers. :D

Dan, I agree, this is common sense. SFI where the head is, weight numbers on the side of the car. Pretty simple.

I bet the tech people would like the wgt. numbers. Got a $10 head wear a $10 helmet

BTW Happy Thanksgiving All

charrbq
11-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Rumor has it, that in the future, the cars will all be required to have a UPC style code located next to the car number. It will then be scanned at tech and all particulars concerning the car will be down loaded on a lap top. ;)

dj10
11-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Rumor has it, that in the future, the cars will all be required to have a UPC style code located next to the car number. It will then be scanned at tech and all particulars concerning the car will be down loaded on a lap top. ;) [/b]

This is actually an good idea as well of having the drivers history (as well as reprimands, suspensions or probation) on a bar code on their helmet. This would eliminate log books.