PDA

View Full Version : IT-7 Pole Lap Video

crushed
11-16-2006, 11:40 AM
IT-7 Pole Lap (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1436437612)

My camera has been used for about 3 seasons now and is on it's last leg, so the video is choppy. The sound is even worse so I replaced it with cool music to make it seem like I'm going even faster (and so you can't hear when I hit the NOS).

Some data pulled from my DL1:

max speeds:
front straight: 112.8
before 3: 89.1
essess: 99.5
before 6: 102.7
back straight: 117.1

min speeds:
1: 84.4
3: 66.9
5: 70.0
6: 72.7
7: 45.0
10a: 53.4

mattbatson
11-16-2006, 01:50 PM
after I left the track on thursday I was running the laps over in my mind, trying to see where I can gain time.
Being new to the track, I'm still learning...
Anyways, after watching your video, my suspicions were confirmed

I did notice how much you ran it out to the outside at 1....carrying all that speed from the straight B)

Great to see video from a local shoe

Does anyone have any video of ITB for crying out loud! :035:

ddewhurst
11-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Jake, I can't hold back any longer. You always seem to question the FAST 1st gen folks at the ARRC but here Russ has offered to share his data with anyone & no one has any comparable data for review. Hmmm, why not? He even took you for a track ride during his fast lap. You picked up something IIRC over 2 seconds after your Q time. I would think with some seat time (& Dyno time with your carb & better suspension/shock setup) you could pick off another 2 to 3 seconds. Hell 3 seconds would put you in fat city with the ITA cars.

Am I wrong ?

Have Fun ;)
David

Fi3555
11-16-2006, 07:31 PM
VERY Cool video Russ !

The choppiness of the images assimilates the tempo of the string instruments and the mania of the car at the limits. I like it ! :happy204:

Tim
#97 ITB Golf

lateapex911
11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
David, i would be most pleased to find another three seconds at RA! Trust me, I WILL look for it! Low 45s sound good to me.

Russ has posted lots of good info, and my first attempt to download his vid failed. I am going to compare my data with his later, maybe this wekend. I am thinking that I will find he's faster....
....everywhere.

And thats fine. I was mightly rusty, and the car hadn't seen the track since it's chassis twisting wreck over a year ago, and it was the frst time in any car since then for me too. Racecraft and all that needed to be relearned, no doubt. A little cornerwieghting and shock testing would go a long way perhaps. It was fun chasing down Atilla. Hopefully I learned something, LOL.

crushed
11-17-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm not trying to stir the pot here, it's better people know what I have instead of making assumptions. I would be very interested in comparing my numbers with some other IT-7 cars. Does anyone else have a DL1?

Greg Amy
11-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I have DL-1 data from my ITA car...wanna swap?

I tell ya, that IT-7 car is STRONG. It took me most of the back straight to catch and pass it, even though I started pretty damn close to its rear bumper at T7. I'm not implying ANYTHING, simply making an observation: that IT-7 car is stronger on power than ANY IT first-gen car I've EVER run against. Period. - GA

crushed
11-17-2006, 03:50 PM
I have DL-1 data from my ITA car...wanna swap?

I tell ya, that IT-7 car is STRONG. It took me most of the back straight to catch and pass it, even though I started pretty damn close to its rear bumper at T7. I'm not implying ANYTHING, simply making an observation: that IT-7 car is stronger on power than ANY IT first-gen car I've EVER run against. Period. - GA
[/b]

My car? I don't remember being passed once on the back straight the entire weekend...

ddewhurst
11-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Russ, I'm stiring the pot with Jake. :) IMHJ he took it well & is looking forward to improving his stuff for shall we say next year. :)

Have Fun ;)
David

lateapex911
11-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Well, I am going thru some data hare, and figured I share.

Sadky, my season was 4 days long, so getting the car just to turn a wheel on the track took precedence over making sure the data aq was functioning properly. My speed sensor seems intermittant. Some laps it's half there, others not.

On one race lap i turned 1 :48.3 glued to Atillas bumper.

The numbers are:

T1: 1.25G, 1.5 peak
T3: 1.2G, 1,7 peak (berm hopping)
T5: 1.25G, 1.5peak, min speed: 73 MPH
T6: 1.25G, entering peak speed: 103 mph
T10a: 1.25G, 55 mph min speed
T12: 1.2 G

It's too bad about the speed trace. It is in/out at the same sections on nearly every lap...theres a real pattern there.
Edit: on further review, it appears that the speed drops are related to the direction of the current and previous turn...it was fine AFTER lefts, but reads zero after rights. As the sensor is mounted to the axle, it suggests that there is excessive lateral endplay that is in play here. Data is cool, LOL

It did register a high of 115 on a few laps on the long straight, so that suggests work is needed there.

Hotshoe
11-24-2006, 10:22 PM
My car? I don't remember being passed once on the back straight the entire weekend...
[/b]

Russ,

.... Because I wasn't there ....... LOL

.... Congratulations on your win.

.... I couldn't make it this year because I'm still fighting a gremlin in my car. I have been plagued by a problem or two ever since my wreck at VIR in March. Last time out I almost burned it to the ground in a grass fire. Not my definition of fun.

.... Maybe 2007, Save me a spot

.... Rick Thompson