PDA

View Full Version : Runoffs on SPEED &*(^(& Tivo

backformore
11-15-2006, 06:15 PM
OK. The f$%#@ Tivo has always lumped everything that wasn't NASCAR or F1 under "Auto Racing".

Now, suddenly, they decide to put the runoffs under it's own label. I applaud them doing it but it has caught me out. What have I missed? What races have already been shown?

I'm sure this info is out there somewhere but it's easier to ask.

Rory

JoshS
11-15-2006, 06:19 PM
That's not Tivo's fault. Blame Speed, they are the ones who create the titles, descriptions, and keywords.

It's quite annoying that this year, they don't differentiate the races. So on the Tivo, they are all SCCA Runoffs, but you can't tell which race is which.

Anyway, you have missed CSR, GT2, SSB, SSC, and FC. There may be some rebroadcasts coming.

Schedule here:
http://www.scca.com/news/news.asp?Ref=720

BTW, dont' worry about the schedule. Just set a season pass for SCCA Runoffs. If there are any rebroadcasts, you'll get them.

jhooten
11-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey Speed,

The Runoffs replay marathon over the holidays like last year would be a nice present to your loyal viewers.

backformore
11-16-2006, 09:27 AM
What Jerry said!!!

Actually, I give props to SPEED for making the runoffs their own label. I just assumed they were doing the usual lameass, stick everything under "auto racing". So, it's really my fault, but I'm a good american and am going to find someone else to blame. Who can I sue? :D

Gregg
11-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Of course you can just make it easy on yourself, Tivo owners.....

Create a wishlist w/ "SCCA" as the keyword, not title, or title keyword (that's important).

I did this about two years ago and didn't have to do a thing when the Charlotte boys got logical w/ their descriptions.

I created a wishlist for "formula one" a few years ago and just got blessed with a show called "Scully: The World Show" which was on my local PBS station. It happened to have an in-depth interview w/ Michael Schumacher just after he went to the Scuderia. This same wishlist is what picks up all the F1 practice/quali/race regardless of whether it's on Speed or CBS, as well as "F1 Decade" when Speed decides to break that out.

planet6racing
11-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Actually, it's been 2 years (2004) since they ran the holiday marathon. Last year, Christmas Day was just normal programming (first year I had both cable and a DVR, so I was stoked, but, alas, Speed did not cooperate).

I wouldn't expect them to do it this year, either. Why would they think of anyone but their NASCAR fans?