PDA

View Full Version : Competition Ridge Racing Ranch

StephF
11-07-2006, 11:21 AM
While browsing ebay recently, I ran across a listing for a 'pre-opening' membership special for this place: http://www.competitionridge.com/intro.html
Has any one heard of this place or seen it? The concept has merit, but their website makes my eyes hurt. B)
And the lack of photos is rather suspicious..
<_<
Anyone have any info on it?
Think that once everyone moved in, they&#39;d be bitching about the noise?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Z3_GoCar
11-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Neat Idea,

Kind of like the live on the golf course places. I know that they have aviation communities like that in Florida and Arizona too. Seeing as how airports and aviation get&#39;s the same rap as race tracks, I&#39;d think it&#39;d be doable. No excuse for not knowing you live next to a race track, and it&#39;s probably part of the home-owners association, probably pay maintanence fee&#39;s with your property tax. Still lack of photo&#39;s and it&#39;s on e-bay I&#39;d be suspiceous, and would want to see infrastructure first.

James

pgipson
11-07-2006, 08:07 PM
This track deal has been around for a while (3 or 4 yrs at least). The web site is diferent and the last version I recall stated that the road course and oval would be separate (this one says they are combined). This web site indicates the track would be close to Lake Havasu. I believe the the last web site indicated the track would be north of I-40 closer to Kingman.

Sandro
11-07-2006, 09:08 PM
I found a few photos on the site of the track being built.

Looks like a cool idea and homes are cheap(at least compared to so cal). But it says you pay a $400 membership a month and get 4 hours of track time??? If I live on a track I want way more track time. I would come home from work for luch and do a few laps.

Hopefully it will have open track days since its not to far from where I live

Ed Funk
11-08-2006, 04:55 PM
I found a few photos on the site of the track being built.

Looks like a cool idea and homes are cheap(at least compared to so cal). But it says you pay a $400 membership a month and get 4 hours of track time??? If I live on a track I want way more track time. I would come home from work for luch and do a few laps.

Hopefully it will have open track days since its not to far from where I live
[/b]

So what are the winters like there? We&#39;ve been kicking around ideas for someday retiring to a warmer place, and FL isn&#39;t all that appealing... <_<
(dang it all, this is actually StephF....I keep forgetting to see which one of us is logged in!)

Daryl DeArman
11-08-2006, 11:13 PM
The winters are mild by anyone&#39;s standards....it&#39;s the summers that are slightly cooler than the surface of the Sun.

I have in-laws in Havasu. According to the weather channel.com today was in the mid 80&#39;s. July-Sept temps will have highs between 110 and 120--lows at night around 95....yeah that&#39;s fun.

Property is cheap unless you can see water. Bullhead City is cheaper than Havasu but has a large percentage of folks who are into a different type of Speed.

Sandro
11-09-2006, 12:01 AM
has a large percentage of folks who are into a different type of Speed.
[/b]

thats a good one, and its very true

pgipson
11-09-2006, 12:37 AM
it&#39;s the summers that are slightly cooler than the surface of the Sun.[/b]

Whadda ya expect. Lake Havasu is almost next door to Death Valley. I wonder if there is any water within 5 miles (down) of the home sites? Not unusual in that part of the state for there to be no ground water available at all.

Gearheadotaku
11-11-2006, 03:37 PM
The idea is cool, but it&#39;s waaaaay more than I could ever afford.

BobsAuto
11-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Just found this....
http://www.motorsportranch.com/

http://www.racersranch.com/track.html

Interesting sites.....