PDA

View Full Version : Paddock Parking begins Wed 4-5PM

Sandy
11-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Much to my disappointment, we can't begin parking until 4 to 5 PM on Wed. If you are from the Atlanta area and are not testing, please wait until 8 or 9 PM or better yet Thur. to arrive. We will park until at least 10PM or until there is no longer a line. It is going to be a long wait, so be prepared. The forecast does say the rain will end by 3PM; that's good. I get really cranky when I get wet and cold. Let's make the best of this part together and have a great fun weekend.

Sandy
11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I forgot to mention... we will also have a Wessen Oil party. I am going to park you really close, so pratice your trailer parking skills. Also, with the number of entries expected, I am moving open trailer parking to the "way back 40 grass". The usual grass area will be marked for paddock space, and I expect we will need it.
I have an idea!! Friday night I will award a prize to the person that can park a trailer the best. Oh, I may even make an award to the person who most needs lessons on parking a trailer. This will be fun.

R2 Racing
11-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I have an idea!! Friday night I will award a prize to the person that can park a trailer the best.[/b]
Some rigs are easier to park than others, so will "difficulty of rig manueverability" be taken into consideration? If so, I got this in the bag. :P

Thanks for your help again, Sandy. :happy204: We should hopefully be rolling in around midnight on Wednesday night.

Bildon
11-06-2006, 11:54 PM
What happens to those of us who arrive after you have stopped "parking" rigs?
I too will be there around midnight Wed.

Will I be able to get near AC power?

tom_sprecher
11-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Typically the gates are locked at 10. They may be open later this time but its up to Sandy and the folks doing security.

There is precious little power inside RA and none that I am aware of outside it. It is first come, first serve.

Sandy
11-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Tom is correct. I always park until 10PM, sometime later. I stay at the track. Many of your parking questions are answered by reading the parking guidelines on the ARRC website under Rules. If you haven't done so, I suggest you read them. We do not have enough space on pavement this year and each competitor will have the bare minimum of space needed for their trailer and racecar. Notice I didn't say tow vehicle..... Don't panic yet, most people will have space for their truck, but there will be those who won't. We do have a crew parking area in the paddock, but it won't be large enough for this race. My goal will be to have enclosed trailers and racecars on pavement.

Bildon
11-07-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm reading conflicting info which is why I asked. Some supps I've seen say parking is NOT first come first serve, yet others do. As a test day participant am I parked first on Thursday AM ? What about those arriving Wed afternoon who are not testing?

charrbq
11-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I forgot to mention... we will also have a Wessen Oil party.
[/b]
Sandy, I'm sorry, but my sponsorship agreement requires me to use Crisco, so I'll have to bring my own. Thanks for your help in the parking mess. It shouldn't rain tomorrow night.

R2 Racing
11-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Bill, in years past, I typically show up around midnight-2am Wednesday night and have to start the line ouside of the security shack for entrance in the morning. By the time the morning comes, there's a line of rigs who've shown up through the night and we typically get admitted in the order that we get in line. There's also no power out there, but we just park and go to sleep anyways so it's no big deal.

Sandy, I'm fine with being lined up behind the OPM rig on the skid pad like I've been for the previous two years.

Bildon
11-07-2006, 02:48 PM
OK I get it. Cool. I'll bring a blanky :P

Sandy
11-07-2006, 09:50 PM
There is such a mass of vehicles waiting that it is difficult to separate the Tester from those not testing. Most people know it isn't necessary to come early to "get a good place", because of the way we park. Most everybody gets a good space unless they come on Thur evening. If you are there on Thur AM you'll have time to get ready for test day.
The first ones to park are the ones that I can say "OK, you know where your spot is, go ahead." These are people that come to every event and park at the same place. There is no need to make these people wait in line when the line is backing out on to the highway. Next are the easy ones to park that take the least amount of time. Then comes the ones that want to save space and that must be mark off. The last to park are the ones that didn't read the parking guidelines and want me to spend 30 minutes discussing why I do everything so damn unfair. There isn't anything fair about this process. See you tomorrow.

lateapex911
11-08-2006, 11:38 PM
I just have to add that our parking experience today set a record for low fuss and speed!

It was awesome! Thanks Sandy and Fletcher! I got all set up and was able to be productive. life is good.

Now...about the forcast...;)

Thanks again guys for your faith and help!

Greg Amy
11-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Do I need to reiterate how smoothly this process went? OF COURSE I do! As always, you guys did a super (yet thankless) job. So, here's your thanks!

Greg

IPRESS
11-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I'll tell ya, I always use to joke that the ARRC was not the ARRC without a good A$$ chewing from Fletcher :D but myself and others didn't really look at the massive job Sandy and Fletcher undertake. With that said I had to wait a while as my other half of our two trailer setup was caught in traffic. Fletcher and Sandy went out of their way checking with me to see how soon Jason and the big trailer would arrive. When it got close to the first session they helped us get the car unloaded right by the entry line and we didn't miss anything. When a spot up top looked like it might hold us, Fletcher got the other trailers space dimensions and we got setup easy. As busy as things were and with a ton of trailers to get parked, I think these two should be given some type of award for "working with folks". With my "Ability" I come to ARRC to run with the best with really no visions of winning. Having fun is #1. The parking experience started the fun part off right.
Thanks again.