PDA

View Full Version : Lake Erie Corner Workers

billf
11-03-2006, 02:35 PM
On behalf of Western New York Region SCCA, we would like to extend our thanks to all the participants of this year's Great Pumpkin Affair...its 37th running, by the way. Every year we enter a little crap shoot with this event, and this year we were on the short end of the stick. Many have been absolutely the most beautiful fall racing weather, and then we have this year...

The competitors have to be commended for even being there, much less competing. No one has even mentioned the New Holland tractor that played such a large part of everyone's existence. I believe only 10% of the people there would have been able to leave the property, without the assistance of the staff and this magnificent machine. Savior of us all!!!

The party was great as usual, but was colder than any I remember, and I have been to almost all of them, including the last snow storm (1996). Not as many costumes as we usually have. Temperatures kept most of the children away, I'm sorry to say.

WNY, and I'm sure ALL of the competitors, want to say a very special thanks to the corner workers for working this event. As usual, without them the event could not have happened. In reality, I'm still wondering why they chose to stand in the rain, hail, sleet and snow, not to mention the bitter temperatures, just so we could have fun. (They could have stayed home, where it is warm, and had their own party.)

I'm glad they did, and I'm raising my glass to them for this effort!

CHEERS TO LAKE ERIE WORKERS. :birra:

Incentally, we fired the Weather Steward...

Sincerely,

Karen and Bill Frieder :024:
Western New York Region SCCA

Looking forward to next year

tdw6974
11-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Karen and Bill, As a competitor our thanks to all workers who certainly endured a hell of lot more hardship than we did. It was interesting to say the least!! We did have a good weekend otherwise and the racing was HMMM? challenging for all. Our crew cheif had thought to bring heater which got a workout all weekend! The Tow crew was busy with removals and a few times had to double up for a team tow for themselves. We where frozen on saturday so did not make the party. I'm sure the sausage sandwichs would have warmed us up. maybe the crew didn't want to be seen with me and my mask. :P We will be back for the 38th great Pumpkin! Tom W :eclipsee_steering:

Karen and Bill, As a competitor our thanks to all workers who certainly endured a hell of lot more hardship than we did. It was interesting to say the least!! We did have a good weekend otherwise and the racing was HMMM? challenging for all. Our crew cheif had thought to bring heater which got a workout all weekend! The Tow crew was busy with removals and a few times had to double up for a team tow for themselves. We where frozen on saturday so did not make the party. I'm sure the sausage sandwichs would have warmed us up. maybe the crew didn't want to be seen with me and my mask. :P We will be back for the 38th great Pumpkin! Tom W :eclipsee_steering:
[/b] We used the tractor on Sunday to get the trailer out. made things much easier.